5 replies to this topic

#1 PWL

PWL

The non-pixel-artist

• GMC Member
  • 1009 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:36 PM

Quick question. I just got a little worried about exporting to android or iphone. We can release them like.. On our own, right? Without a big "MADE WITH GAMEMAKERSTUDIO VISIT YOYOGAMES.COM!" Or like the yoyogames-sandbox?
I hope it won't be like the sandbox or a sepherate store for games made with GM, cause that would be pretty lame and unprofessional looking, in my opinion. I would much rather release my games directly to the android market (renamed google play, right..?), and look like all other cool games out there.
I hope you guys get what I mean, and can respond (:

Edited by PWL, 29 April 2012 - 03:37 PM.

#2 ellisvlad

ellisvlad

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 254 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:46 PM

IDK about google play, but to get a game onto the app store you need a 99USD per year developer's license, so maybe a YYG-Sandbox app wouldn't be too bad?

- Vlad

#3 kburkhart84

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games

• GMC Member
  • 1917 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:17 PM

Studio will be just like 8.1, where you can release your games the way you want to, assuming you own a license to the correct module. If you own the android module, you can release your games to the Google Play Store, and with the iOS module you can release to the Apple App Store/iTunes. With the HTML5 module(and the current GM4HTML5) you can release your games to websites, and of course the Windows and Mac ports the same.

You don't have to pay YoyoGames any royalties, and you don't have to show a splash screen. Yoyogames's mobile games do, but since they made the games it makes sense. You won't have to, rather you'd be better off showing an intro with your company name on it.

#4 PWL

PWL

The non-pixel-artist

• GMC Member
  • 1009 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:54 PM

You don't have to pay YoyoGames any royalties, and you don't have to show a splash screen. Yoyogames's mobile games do, but since they made the games it makes sense. You won't have to, rather you'd be better off showing an intro with your company name on it.

Yeah, I noticed that. Sounds promising! Can't wait for the GM:Studio to be released. Too bad I gotta pay 200$ for the android-export though :P

#5 David Batty

David Batty

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 186 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:12 PM

Don't you think that $200 is a bargain considering the amount of work YoYo Games are doing in order for you to create Android games without you having to learn Java etc?

#6 alexandervrs

alexandervrs

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 681 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:12 PM

GameMaker Studio is a tool aimed at professionals and as such the executables are free of any YoYo Games/GameMaker branding. The watermark is there for the beta period, it will be gone when the product is released.
For Android/iOS games you can distribute/sell your game through Google Play or the Mac Appstore respectively. You can also distribute your game any other way you please like on your website, game portal etc. (Usually for mobile and Mac games through an appstore is the best way to go).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users