• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tea-games

tea-games

GMC Member

• 2 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:22 AM

Treasure Sands is my first game I've made available online, so be easy with me! :biggrin:
This is maze-game game about collecting treasure in a dangerous desert filled with bad things that want you out.
For now, I'm using some default sprites included with Game Maker 8, but most sprites are subject to change in the future if I get the time.
Also, I understand this is quite rough around the edges, I'm working on that.
Features-
Treasure gives you points- 5 for gold, 10 for gems, and 20 for diamonds!
Use the arrow keys to move, try to get the treasure, avoid the ghosts/skeletons, and get the to the door.
Once you have gotten the black key, you can go through the door.
For now when you get to the end it just brings you to a plain "Congrats" screen, but I'm going to update that.
Colliding with ghosts/skeletons will kill you, and bring you to a game over screen.
On those screens are back buttons, use them by pressing space.
Also, the points treasure gives you will do nothing for now.
Next, if a ghost/skeleton is right next to you, that will usually count as a collision, so be careful!
I plan to add around 30 levels. Right now there is 9.
Saving characters saying help will give you 25 points!
Locked chests become unlocked when you get the gold key. Chests will give you 20 points when collided with.
You can get through water by repeatedly pressing the key in the direction you want to go.
For a screenshot, click here!

If this sounds fun to you, here is the download link:
Treasure Sands
Remember- I consider this "finished" but it may get future updates, so it is not a WIP.
Have fun!

Edited by tea-games, 28 April 2012 - 07:01 PM.

#2 operator error

operator error

GMC Member

• 15 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:59 AM

Treasure Sands is my first game I've made available online, so be easy with me! :biggrin:
This is a game about collecting treasure in a dangerous desert filled with bad things that want you out.
This game is still a work in progress!
Features-
Use the arrow keys to move, try to get the treasure, avoid the ghosts/skeletons, and get the to the door.
For now when you get to the end it just brings you to a plain "Congrats" screen, but I'm going to change that.
Colliding with ghosts/skeletons will kill you, and bring you to a game over screen.
Next, if a ghost/skeleton is right next to you, that will usually count as a collision, so be careful!
I plan to make around 30 levels. Right now there is 9.
Locked chests become unlocked when you get the gold key. Chests will give you 20 points when collided with.
You can get through water by repeatedly pressing the key in the direction you want to go.

Treasure Sands
Remember- this isn't done!

Have fun!

Sounds fun,need help?

#3 tea-games

tea-games

GMC Member

• 2 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:42 AM

This is a game about collecting treasure in a dangerous desert filled with bad things that want you out.
This game is still a work in progress!
Features-
For now when you get to the end it just brings you to a plain "Congrats" screen, but I'm going to change that.
I plan to make around 30 levels. Right now there is 9.

Treasure Sands
Remember- this isn't done!

Have fun!

Sounds fun,need help?

Hmmm....
I think I don't need help for now, but if the need arises, Il let you know!
Also, did you play it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users