Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 21303 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

Posted Image

The GMCJam #6

VOTE TOPIC

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner of the Jam!!!

Congratulations!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Well done to all who participated and congratulations go to the top three who all thoroughly deserve their places!

For the GMCJam Discussion Topic go here :

http://gmc.yoyogames...pic=537242&st=0

Well, after a fantastic and exciting weekend, the Jam has finished and the games should all have been posted in this topic... So lets start the voting!!!! How? Well, it's simple really... just copy and paste the following :

My votes go to

• name of the game - author

Best Use Of Theme - author
Best Use Of Handicap - author

Best Presentation - author
Best Devblog - author

into your post and add the names of the games you wish to win, together with the author (name of the person that posted the game). You may vote for as many (or as few) games as you wish in order of preference, with 1 being the winner and all subsequent games being runners up, but please vote for at least three! Apart from the voting you are encouraged to post a mini-review of the winning game (and any others) explaining what you liked/disliked and why you think it deserves to win... Remember, this is a Community Jam and so feedback from the community is all important! We want to know what you think! Apart from that there are a few more rules to stick to...

• Voting will last 15 days from Wednesday 2nd May to Wednesday 16th May 23:59GMT.
  • Please post your votes FIRST, before any other text.
  • Only ONE post per person. Any further coversation can be held in the Jam topic or in the topic of the game itself (if it has one), and any posts breaking this rule will be removed.
  • Your top three games MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A SHORT REVIEW and posts with no reviews of at least the top three games will be considered <void> at the time of counting.
  • If you are reviewing the games over the course of the 15 day voting period, use the <EDIT> button to add to your post, rather than post twice.Constructive criticism is fine, but comments like "This game sucks" will not be tolerated... so think before commenting!
  • Please vote for at least YOUR TOP THREE GAMES, although you can vote for as many as you like (and every vote DOES count!)Please also vote for "Best Use of Theme", "Best Presentation" and "Best DevBlog"
  • NO talk of cheating in the Jam topics please. If anyone has any doubts about a post or a vote, then please REPORT the post or PM me with your thoughts and action will be taken.
So that's it I think... Take your time to play as many games as possible, and we shall see you all here again in ten days time to see who has the honour of being the Jam winner this time around!

Good luck to everybody and thank you all so much for participating!!!!

Nocturne

PREVIOUS POST
Spoiler

#2 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 21303 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

And the runners up prizes for Best Use of the Theme, Best Use of the Handicap, Best Presentation and Best Devblog go to :

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

The full GMCJam Nº6 Zip (590Mb) direct download : http://dl.dropbox.co...Jam_6_Games.zip

The full GMCJam Nº6 Zip (590Mb) torrent (PLEASE SEED!) : http://www.host-a.ne...p%20(1).torrent

#3 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

Never you mind!

• GMC Member
  • 7526 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:04 AM

By makerofthegames and Speedchuck.
Title: Aaaah...
Download: http://www.box.com/s...71932005df959b7
Description: In this platformer you earn achievements and platform atop of them.
Topic: http://gmc.yoyogames...howtopic=538089

http://oi49.tinypic.com/2mcwuwj.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/2ibizph.png
http://i48.tinypic.com/2hzpt08.png
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Devlog:

UPDATE #12 6:50PM: Added more flare to an achievement, added another achievement, we're on the third level now, (not a very level-populated game) trying to come up with more puzzle ideas. Fun!

UPDATE #11 2:59PM: Added a new puzzle, it has buttons! Pic #8. You can't see it in that picture, but to the left there's a blocked passage with an achievement thing that says "To unblock: Figure this out."

UPDATE #10 1:57PM: I'm back from eating Lunch after my church service today, ready to work more on the game!

UPDATE #9 9:13PM: The Legend of Korra is OK so far. I'm interested in seeing how this goes. Oh yeah, and I added more achievements continuing the vertical segment.

UPDATE #8 6:59PM: No progress as of yet! Heck yeah! Procrastination!

UPDATE #7 5:14PM: Progress has been slow. I've added more flare to a previous achievement, and added acouple more achievements in a vertical level. Pic #6 shows one of the achievements.

UPDATE #6 1:41PM: Added a sort-of opening sequence, added flare to an achievement (more flare to be added to others later) and added a hidden achievement. The hidden achievement is showcased in image #5 from the top.

UPDATE #5 9:53AM: Up to seven achievements so far, which isn't very many. Speedchuck isn't awake yet, I think. It's an hour earlier where he is, anyway. Gonna watch some Legend of Korra.

UPDATE #4 11:08PM: I have stopped progress for the night, Speedchuck has already went to sleep. I have already filled in the obligatory Tranquility reference.

UPDATE #3 10:19PM: So, the game is basically going to be a puzzle-type game where you figure out what to do to unlock the achievements, and platform on top of the achievements to continue.

UPDATE #2 9:02PM: Speedchuck has finished the player sprites. Oh, did I not mention we're making this game together? Well now I've mentioned it.

UPDATE #1 8:15PM: I have finished the first screen, the one with the picture. That's about it, but I do have the idea for the game and a few points in it already done in my head.

Edited by makerofthegames, 30 April 2012 - 05:25 PM.

#4 TheUltimate

TheUltimate

Life is Awesome

• GMC Member
  • 1081 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:04 AM

ALRIGHT, I'M IN!
I have some free time this weekend (amazing, huh?) so I'm gonna create something.
Part of the game is done so far. It's called Origami, and as the name implies, it's a puzzle-platformer where you fold parts of the level to get to the end. Check out the spoiler for all the juicy details.

WANNA TRY THE GAME?
DOWNLOAD LINK - V.0.4
GAME TOPIC

Posted Image Posted Image

Well, it's the end of the Jam and I'm pretty happy with my game. I didn't get to make everything I would have liked to make, but I'll definitely finish this off after voting, so check out the WIP topic, where I'll be posting future updates. Hope you guys enjoy the game!

Changelog/devblog/whatever you want to call it:
Spoiler

Good luck to everybody!

TheUltimate

Edited by TheUltimate, 01 May 2012 - 12:03 AM.

#5 Snail_Man

Snail_Man

Let's make a game

• GMC Member
  • 1395 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:06 AM

Finished!
Posted Image

DOWNLOAD LINK! (4.31 Mb)
Topic (Please report any bugs before end of jam)

Help two robots across the sea of tranquility. Odd Puzzle/Platform hybrid.

Posted Image
---
Posted Image

DEVLOG:
Spoiler

Don't forget to vote for me!! ^,^

Edited by Snail_Man, 30 April 2012 - 01:22 PM.

#6 NAL

NAL

凸ʕಠᴥಠʔ凸

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 801 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:07 AM

DOWNLOAD AARDVARK CWM!

Aardvark Cwm
(Welsh for Aardvark Valley. No, I'm not Welsh.)

Saturday
01:08 Started game!
01:25 Wondered if maybe I should sleep before continuing...
01:32 Still wondering. Still drawing things. :(
01:52 Title screen made. Bed heavily required.
01:59 I'm going to wake up and wonder what the hell I was thinking. I'll roll with it anyway.
02:00 1/72 hours elapsed. Sleeeeeeeeeeeeeep nowwwwww
05:00 (approx) Dreamt about turtles
11:00 Woke up
11:30 Started font for game
12:00 Skype call with parents. 80 minutes long!
14:00 Finished the font
14:28 Basic dialogue popups made for game. See new screenshot!
14:32 Listened to El Chombo: Chacarron. Inspirational
14:35 Now ELO: Mr Blue Sky. That synth bit should be the whole song, screw the singing
14:51 First mission complete. Dadio makes a cameo
14:59 Added cameo from '90s Britcom "Bottom"
15:38 Proper actual mission system in
15:40 Achievement system in. Just Ctrl-C+Ved the mission system
15:53 Hot policewoman added
15:59 Mission 2 added. The bush has eyes for a reason.
16:32 Some achievements added. Pretty arbitrary stuff
16:52 Game now contains a third mission. It centres around an aardvark in a bikini
17:02 Added the fifth achievement.
17:04 Went into the living room to intimidate Nocturne with my game's content so far
17:09 BBQ-flavour Llama Baked Bites. Tasty
20:40 Found some lovely background music by band Snack Hour on Soundclick
20:59 Finished! Six missions, 10 achievements. Also has speedrun tracking

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by NAL, 24 July 2012 - 10:57 PM.

#7 JAk HAk

JAk HAk

sepius fidelis

• 713 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:10 AM

Posted ImagePosted Image

Finished

Name: Tripod
Summary: A man with three feet works toward achieving inner peace.

Download (4.44 MB):
Mediafire
YoYoGames

Note: Requires very rapid key presses and releases in some parts. Not well suited to clunky keyboards.

Screenshot:
Spoiler

Devblog:
Spoiler

Edited by JAk HAk, 30 April 2012 - 07:35 AM.

#8 TerraFriedSheep

TerraFriedSheep

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3133 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:12 AM

Divided I Stand
GMC Jam 6 Entry

Download From YYG (4.2MB)

GMC Topic

Posted Image

Ejected from your duties as a worker robot, you are now free to build your own peaceful world. All is not well however, as other robots, jealous of your new life seek to destroy you and your tranquil planet. How many days can you survive, in Divided I Stand?

• Build your own planet!
  • Manage your energy storage and recharge!
  • Defende against enemies with Gun Turrets and your Defender Drone!

Controls
DAY:
Left and Right - Move Ground Unit
Up and Down - Navigate Build Menu
Space - Execute selected action on build menu

NIGHT:
Up, Down, Left and Right - Move Defender Drone

Here is the devlog that I kept updated during the making of the game:
Spoiler

Edited by Soulsnatcher, 30 April 2012 - 11:57 PM.

#9 HayManMarc

HayManMarc

The HayMan

• GMC Member
  • 1139 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:13 AM

Posted Image

Dr. Swiss wants to rule the world.
He WILL do this by turning all the Earth's human inhabitants into tranquil, complacent zombies.
With the worlds people in a peaceful, mindless zen, they won't even notice his overpowering rule, much less even care.
Muhuwahahahaha!

Dr. Swiss Post Mortem
Spoiler

WIP page: http://gmc.yoyogames...howtopic=538647
Suggestions, comments, gripes, etc. graciously welcomed and wanted!

Dev Log: ( Time is PST (GMT -8) )

Spoiler

Download Jam version at: http://haymanquarter...ads/DrSwiss.exe

Edited by HayManMarc, 02 May 2012 - 04:57 PM.

#10 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 21303 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:16 AM

The Nocturne Games

DEV BLOG

Posted Image

PLAY HERE : http://dl.dropbox.co...axia/index.html

DOWNLLOAD HERE : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/47471635/Games/Ataraxia/Ataraxia.exe

PREVIOUS POSTS
Spoiler

The game is finished with 5 minutes to spare! Well, okay, it's finished for the Jam but I will certainly keep developing this as I think I have a winner here... So what's the deal with this game? PLAY IT AND SEE! All you need is your mouse and some time... Oh, and I suggest that you play this in full screen mode (f10 in chrome) and with the lights off and the speakers on (headphones may be a bit much!) as this game is meant to be an experience more than anything else.

Posted Image

OLD SCREENS

Spoiler

Edited by Nocturne, 01 May 2012 - 01:01 PM.

#11 KygonsCube

KygonsCube

GMC Member

• 155 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:18 AM

FerretJam
Posted Image
"Useless picture of a ferret" I found on the first page of a Google image search of "ferrets".
NOTE:THE GAME WILL NOT BE ABOUT FERRETS!

Well, we couldn't finish in time, the game was too ambiguous.
The download link is further below.

Game Info

It's currently decided the game will be an action platformer genre.
It will also involve use of collectibles, and instant death hazards.
I have no idea how we're going to put "instant death hazards" in the game, yet still make it about tranquility.
The handicap will likely be involved.

The Game is an exploration platformer, you collect coins.
It's incomplete, and very buggy, ignore the errors.
Arrow keys to move, Z to jump, if you get stuck in a block or don't appear on screen shift+left click to move the player to the mouse.

GAME DOWNLOAD

Team

Spoiler

Devblog (We didn't have time to update this much)

[Apr 28, 9:31pm PST] A lot of technical junk implemented, no art so far, main theme song in the works (Sounds really nice!) -Kygon

(We each have different timezones, so some messages appear further down the list even though it says they were created before then, that's just a timezone problem. Just pay attention to the order not the date.)

(No we didn't start before the Jam, the dates do not abide to the timezone of the GMC Jam, they're behind 6-8 hours)

Spoiler

Screenshot(s)
Posted Image
Outdated/\/\

Edited by KygonsCube, 30 April 2012 - 11:23 PM.

#12 CaptainLepidus

CaptainLepidus

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 850 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:18 AM

Defending Tranquility
Download: Defending Tranquility
Topic: Defending Tranquility

Turn based tactics. Play as Lirna, Krongar, and Ishtar, each with 2 different units, as they vie for dominance in 5 levels with 4 terrain types.

Screenshots:
Posted Image
Devlog
Spoiler

Edited by CaptainLepidus, 30 April 2012 - 11:05 PM.

#13 Joe H

Joe H

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 352 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:19 AM

Game Synopsis:
You are a hillbilly and the sky is falling! Use your awesome Organ Grinder to save the world!

Story :
Y'all ever hear the story of Eddy the Appalachian Organ Grinder? Well shucks, pull up a stump and give here a listen. It was seventy five years ago this sundee, when ol' Eddy found himself in quite a sit-ye-ation, indeed um-huumm. Ye' see, Eddy he lived on a farm up in the ol' mountains. It was a real quiet day, n' ol' Eddy he was sittin' in his rockin' chair, widdlin' a new pipe for his organ. When all of a sudden, I tell you what, the sky itself opened up and started raninin' down all sorts of things on poor ol' Eddy's farm.

Well now, Eddy not bein' the kind of folk they'll just sit by and watch stuff rain on em', he did what any self respectin' billy would do. He grabbed his ol Organ Grinder, put himself on top of a good ol' hill and started playing his heart out. That ol' Eddy, he was sumtin' ta see he was. And all sort of people from round town started comin' ta watch em play. Then sumtin' magic started happenin'...Eddy's music started blowin' the rainin' stuff to bits! He played his heart out and stuff keep blowing up. Rocks n' socks n' birds n' turds, they all keep a rainin' and Eddy kept a playin'!

Well now, I said it before and I'll say it again, that there Eddy is a mighty good Organ player but he aint no match for the heavens themselves. He kept a playin' and they kept a throwing things h is way. Summit hit the people standin' there watching...shoot, them folk just plain dumb, but Eddy kept up a playin' and kept a gettin' better. Soon they was havin' ta climb up on the broken pieces cause they was coverin' the whole hill! Well sooner or later, Eddy and them folk were just bout near the sun, he still playin' and the stuff still fallin' burtin' into pieces.

That's when Eddy found who's what it was that was makin all that ruckus, ruin a perfect spittin' day. A big ol' hole had ripped itself up in Eddy's sky. Well Eddy saw this ol' hole and said, "Here there you hole, you best stop throwin' things down on my farm." And the hole just groaned and Eddy just kept playin'. Soon, that hole was throwin' all sorts of things, fish, birds cat's and dogs...as an aside, this is here where we get's that saying it is... Then all of a sudden Eddy played so dern hard that the hole up and closed and made no more trouble fer nobody.

Well, that's bout it to the story of ol' Eddy. Aint nobody heard much what happened to him after. Some folk say they still hear ol' Eddy playing his Organ, says you can hear it too if you listen real nice on a quiet Sundee afternoon.

Team (EpicVessel Games):
Joe H (Joe)
EVGartist (Matt)

Development Log:

Day I:
Hour 1: Work on basic engine. Hillbilly sprite is being drafted.
Hour 2: The basic engine is coming along. Hillbilly sprite is sketched and we are discussing achievements.
Hour 3: Matt has finished up some sketches of the objects you will see in our game. Core mechanics are just about done, tweaking some aspects.
Hour 5: Matt has nearly finished the HUD design, and the game mechanics are complete. :sweat:
Hour 6: The HUD is up and I've included a picture below! I also updated the story (kinda long, but meant to be humorous)

Day II:
Logging this by hours is a difficult task. We are so focused on the game that it has hardly left time for anything else. We have decided that a half way point update is coming. VIDEO TOMORROW :)

DOWNLOAD : http://www.vidjahgam...gan Grinder.zip

Major updates and improvements! Here is a new screenshot.

Recent Images:

Posted Image

Previous screenshots and art here:
Spoiler

#14 orange08

orange08

Art Game Movement

• GMC Member
  • 2246 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:19 AM

Sleepshooter

IS FINISHED

Downloads:
Yoyogames: http://sandbox.yoyog...35-sleepshooter

Game Creations topic: http://gmc.yoyogames...howtopic=538559

Latest screenshot, devlog for more info:
Posted Image

Devlog:
All times in EST
Spoiler

Current Credits:
Game - orange08
Music - Twee
Room Transition - Phantom107

Edited by orange08, 30 April 2012 - 10:34 PM.

#15 ThatSnail

ThatSnail

That Guy

• GMC Member
  • 1036 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:35 AM

BLLAAAHH WHATEVER HERE
DOWNLOAD

Removed small buildings
Posted Image

Old images:

Edited by ThatSnail, 01 May 2012 - 12:01 AM.

#16 11clock

11clock

Christian Pacifist

• GMC Member
  • 2082 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:36 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFFQ6luSxLE

Sleepy Maneuver

Topic

Download Here

A factory robot has been working all day and its batteries are running low. It needs to get to a recharge station to recharge, but due to its low battery level it can't think strait and rolls around aimlessly. You need to help maneuver the robot to the station by activating and deactivating blocks as well as telling the robot to jump when needed. However, it can only jump a certain amount of times.

The game features 12 levels.

How the theme is used: The theme is used in the story and gameplay. The story is about a sleepy robot who wants to be recharged. Because the robot is low on batteries, it can't control its movement and it has a limited amount of jumps.

How the handicap is used: Each level contains a yellow orb. Going after these is optional and adds more challenge, but collecting them all will give you a gold medal at the end of the game. Silver and bronze medals are also obtainable, but you can only get these if you don't miss more than 2 orbs.

Posted Image

DevBlog
Spoiler

Edited by 11clock, 30 April 2012 - 11:09 PM.

#17 Keevor

Keevor

Pixel Phased

• 23 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:12 AM

Payload
Didn't get to finish, get the buggy unfinished copy below. DO NOT JUDGE
Devlog
Spoiler

Game
Spoiler

Edited by Keevor, 01 May 2012 - 12:00 AM.

#18 Chessmasterriley

Chessmasterriley

Creative Concentrate

• GMC Member
  • 1837 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:50 AM

Posted Image

Download Link
Download Size: 10.9 MB
Download Host: Host-A.net

Grow your own Garden of Tranquility in Bloom. Each level is a relaxing puzzler in which you can plant the seed, angle the streams of water and sunlight, and grow the next bit of life for your Garden.

Press F1 for Help:
Left click to move objects.
Right click to rotate objects.
Plant the seed, direct the water and sunlight, and watch your garden grow!

If for some reason, you don't see a seed on a level, that's okay...it's already planted in the soil. It baffles me why this is a bug...

WIP Forum Topic http://gmc.yoyogames...howtopic=538591

Screenshots
Posted Image
Posted Image

Development Log

DAY 1

Spoiler

DAY 2
Spoiler

Edited by Nocturne, 01 May 2012 - 12:30 AM.

#19 TDWP_FTW

TDWP_FTW

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 296 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:18 AM

Posted Image

Introduction:

Traversia is a game that's sort of like Animal Crossing...You can plant flowers, saplings, and other objects, as well as fish and catch bugs. When the game is complete, you'll be able to farm, have your own house with furniture, and lots more.

Development Blog:

Spoiler

Download:

Screenshots:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Controls:

• Mouse - Move Cursor
  • Left Mouse Button - Move/Enter
  • Right Mouse Button - Use Item/Interact
  • Mouse Wheel - Scroll through items

Credits:

• RhysAndrews for the Game Cave Effects Engine 3 (Used for the splash screen in all of my games).
  • Zekka for the amazing music in the game.
  • SuperMarioMaster91 for the base player sprites. He's a friend of mine, and made them a while back. I just spruced them up a bit. :D
  • Nintendo for the sound effects for The Legend of Zelda (Placeholders until I can make my own sound effects)

Other Comments:

Sort of going with a simplistic style with this. Not really sticking to any specific spriting/palette or anything, but yeah.

The game takes some elements from games like Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon, where you can plant flowers, trees, etc., as well as fish, catch bugs, and just roam around.

The game also has weather (Rain/snow/sun), as well as the 4 seasons. It's just a fun little game to play when you want to relax...

There aren't many bugs or fish yet, as I didn't have time to add everything I wanted, but I'm going to continue developing this after the Jam as well. When I continue developing it, I'm going to make it more like Animal Crossing/Harvest Moon, with houses, farming, etc.

Some other things I should note:

When the cursor is red, that means you can't use the item you have out. You can save your game by going to the save pad near the end of the river and pressing the right mouse button. I'm going to have this stuff explained in-game eventually.

Also, there's a cool little surprise if you wait on the title screen for a while. ;)

- Check out Forstride Productions on Facebook, or follow me on Twitter.

Edited by Yagibabla, 01 May 2012 - 11:52 PM.

#20 IrfanFox

IrfanFox

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:56 AM

THE THING THAT MONEY CAN'T BUY

Finally, I managed to finish it!

Arrow keys, Space

DOWNLOAD

New screenshot!
Posted Image

There are three achievements to be unlocked
Spoiler

Spoiler

I may upload an improved version after this jam

My Blog

@IrfanFox

Edited by IrfanFox, 30 April 2012 - 11:59 PM.

#21 Fireball16

Fireball16

Indie Developer

• GMC Member
  • 1015 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:21 AM

The Story of A Leaf

By Fireball16 and ConnorPeet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbuf1VYjPzQ
Do not worry the game is alot more fun than it looks on the trailer, not guaranteed.

You play as a leaf, who gets tired of dying every year and having to make the long, painful trip to the ground. So, you decide to use the pollen you collect to good use: to overcome gravity! (don't ask me how that works). All graphics are original. Controls are explained in-game. Sorry the highscores interface isn't the prettiest, it was kind of a last minute thing. Scoreboard here.

Download (extract first): Mirror 1 or Mirror 2

The GMC Topic!

Slightly Thin on the ground DevLog:
Spoiler

Edited by Fireball16, 30 April 2012 - 09:20 PM.

#22 Coolbot4k

Coolbot4k

The Ultimate Robot

• GMC Member
  • 136 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:41 AM

Finished!

Download

Name: Sea of Tranquility

Details: A game where you traverse and fish in the open sea.

Spoiler

Journal:
Spoiler

Edited by Coolbot4k, 30 April 2012 - 07:20 PM.

#23 johnki

johnki

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 519 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:24 AM

These Tranquil Waters Shall Not Hold
@adag_dot_me

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

It's a game about exploring the depths of the ocean in a submarine, looking for treasures, or anything else that may be hidden down there.

Five items to find. Three achievements.

Download

Discussion

Controls are arrow keys to move, left click to shoot, right click to use sonar, and R to change render distance between 500 and 1000 pixels.

Devlog:

Spoiler

Edited by johnki, 01 May 2012 - 08:57 PM.

#24 Follomania

Follomania

Unum Mirabile

• GMC Member
  • 445 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:31 AM

Miniature Golf

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/50886150/Miniature%20Golf.zip

Screenshot of current build:
Posted Image

Demo of the current build:
WIP topic

Devlog:
Spoiler

My game is complete now unless I am made aware of anymore lackage in instructions or bugs.
Thanks to speedchuck, Hgameguy, TheUltimate, and iccurd12b42 for helping me improve my game further by suggesting changes and pointing out problems!

Edited by Nocturne, 01 May 2012 - 01:20 PM.

#25 Blake

Blake

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 508 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:46 AM

A Figurative End - Complete!

Download: Here

Info: As the theme is tranquility, I focused on graphics, mood, audio and story in this game, as opposed to gameplay. Some people may not like the lack of gameplay, but this is what I personally think the theme is calling us to do.

PLEASE NOTE: It is essential that you read the text shown to you in-game. If you do not, the story will be meaningless and you will not know what to do.

Posted Image

Edited by Blake, 30 April 2012 - 02:06 PM.

#26 mads2194

mads2194

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 376 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:47 AM

Project title: Cry of the Forest

Screenshots

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
http://i45.tinypic.com/2wd3811.png
http://i47.tinypic.com/2lid9g4.png
http://i46.tinypic.com/34xngr5.png

Link: Download

DevBlog
Spoiler

Edited by mads2194, 02 May 2012 - 09:11 AM.

#27 ziggler1

ziggler1

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 362 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:58 AM

Posted Image

As the title suggests, the game borrows the portal mechanic.

The game is "finished", or rather, this is as much as I'll be able to get done. :sweat:
Download
Game topic
Devlog:
Spoiler

Edited by ziggler1, 30 April 2012 - 08:56 PM.

#28 IceMetalPunk

IceMetalPunk

InfiniteIMPerfection

• GMC Member
  • 9322 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:39 AM

Peace & Quite Nightmarish
Latest Screenshots:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Download link is HERE: DOWNLOAD - CAN'T MISS IT!

Development Log:
Spoiler

April 30, 7:21PM EST: 40 minutes left of the Jam. Also, 40 minutes left for me to get food. But more importantly, I'm done. As done as I'll ever be. I can already feel the stress causing aches in my neck; I'm done for the Jam. Happily, joyfully, tranquilly done.

The download link, as well as new screenshots, is at the top of this post. If people like PQN, maybe I'll update it over the summer...but only if it's really liked.

I think, overall, this is an extremely polished product considering I started working on it 26 hours into the Jam and it was all a one-man job. Polish is what I do best :P .

Oh, and hey: ziggler made me put achievements in the game, so you all better get all three of them :lol: .

*EDIT* Ah. crap. I just realized I forgot to put the credits in the game. It's such a minor detail that I won't spend the last 25 minutes rushing to get a credits screen. Instead, if you're curious to see where I got some of those beautiful resources, you can read the quote below.

Music:
Kevin McLeod - incompetech.com

Sound Effects
Sounds I had lying around
Also, FindSounds.com

Graphics
Bubbles: IceMetalPunk
Subconscious & Icon: IceMetalPunk
Brainwave Pads: IceMetalPunk
Loading image: IceMetalPunk
Bubble Contents: IceMetalPunk
Background image: onlyhdwallpapers.com (made loopable by IceMetalPunk)
Neurowall: Mohamed Ibrahim (modified and animated by IceMetalPunk)
Jack: Free online clipart (modified by IceMetalPunk)
Night Mare: Mermedi of DeviantArt.com

-IMP

Edited by IceMetalPunk, 30 April 2012 - 11:43 PM.

#29 brighteyes

brighteyes

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 103 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:01 AM

Tranquility Restored
  • Category: Adventure Platformer
  • File Size: 18.8MB
  • GM Version: GM8
  • Vista Compatible: Yes
  • Changes Screen Resolution: No (but it is fullscreen)

Bears have begun to wreak havoc in the woods. It's you're job as the guardian spirit of the forest to restore tranquility.

Development
Spoiler

GAME DOWNLOAD
http://dl.dropbox.co...ty_Restored.zip

Screenshots
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by brighteyes, 30 April 2012 - 11:51 PM.

#30 Davve

Davve

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4028 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:20 AM

Title: Chaos
Category: Platformer

Download (.zip)
Go to topic

Featured on IndieGames!

The GMCJam Nº6 Zip'd version of this game contains a few serious bugs, download from here instead!

Timmy is a little boy who's got all he could ever wish for, but he is still troubled by something deep within his mind.
Travel into his worst nightmares and rid the chaos that dwell within, and restore tranquility to his world!

In my GMC Jam #6 entry, you play as Timmy, a boy with remarkable running and wall-jumping abilities (after all, you are inside his dream). Travel through 8 different stages and gather Tranquility Orbs, lost memories and unlock achievements on the way!

What some reviewers have to say:

"Holy dang! This game is impressive. So much attention to detail." -orange08
"Ah! Finally a good, hardcore platformer." -Snail_Man
"A great action-oriented platform game. The wall jumping mechanic takes a little practice, but once you get the hang of it, the game becomes outright addicting." -brighteyes
"Great level design, fluid graphics, and an epic final level." -Spydog
"This was one of the few games I came back to and played again, because it was fun." -lukew23

Edited by Davve, 08 May 2012 - 01:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users