18 replies to this topic

#1 tommygunone

tommygunone

GMC Member

• GMC:Member
  • 47 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:35 AM

I have a 1500 by 900 view for my game and want to make a inventory button you can press however in a larger view, that is bigger than 640 by 400, clicking objects doesn't work.

PLEASE HELP :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

#2 creativebunch

creativebunch

The Bunchiest

• GMC Member
  • 893 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:44 AM

I don't see why not. Post the code that's not working and the options for your view.

#3 tommygunone

tommygunone

GMC Member

• 47 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:50 PM

its not code I just went into settings and set the view on screen and port on screen to 1500, 900, now whenever I click somthing nothing happens unless i click to the right and below it

#4 TheouAegis

TheouAegis

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 9234 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:03 AM

How many views are you using? Just 1?
Show the code for the object.

#5 decroded

decroded

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 572 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:16 AM

We're not mind readers so just post the code or no one can help....

#6 tommygunone

tommygunone

GMC Member

• 47 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:19 PM

We're not mind readers so just post the code or no one can help....

as said previously there is no code i set it in room settings. if you mean the code for the click object i have drag and drop if object left clicked: then destroy

How many views are you using? Just 1?
Show the code for the object.

I am using 1 view and i used drag and drop but basically if the object is left clicked then destroy

#7 TheouAegis

TheouAegis

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 9234 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:46 AM

See, that shouldn't be happening with views, especially when the view-to-port ratio is 1:1.

Now, are you absolutely certain it still works when the view is 640x400?

What are the details for the clickable object's sprite?
Are you using a collision mask? (the option the object properties below Parent) If so, what are the properties of that sprite as well?

#8 decroded

decroded

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 572 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:32 AM

In this kind of situation you can often help yourself by starting a new project a test.
Add nothing except the bare minimum to test.
Wether it works or not, at least you can narrow it down to something with your project or if it really is some kind of limitation, or something you are doing wrong
If test project not working at least u can just post the .gmk for us to look at.

#9 tommygunone

tommygunone

GMC Member

• 47 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:45 PM

See, that shouldn't be happening with views, especially when the view-to-port ratio is 1:1.

Now, are you absolutely certain it still works when the view is 640x400?

What are the details for the clickable object's sprite?
Are you using a collision mask? (the option the object properties below Parent) If so, what are the properties of that sprite as well?

collision mask is normal I did'nt change that but i checked if my game maker was f**ked up so I used a friends computer same problem.

you can do it on yours to just make a game. go to room-settings and set width to 1500, and height to 900.
then make a object give it a sprite set left clicked to do something and try to click. nothing will happen

#10 tommygunone

tommygunone

GMC Member

• 47 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:45 PM

In this kind of situation you can often help yourself by starting a new project a test.
Wether it works or not, at least you can narrow it down to something with your project or if it really is some kind of limitation, or something you are doing wrong
If test project not working at least u can just post the .gmk for us to look at.

I did. same ****

#11 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• Retired Staff
  • 15413 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:20 PM

is your port size (+ window borders and caption bar, if shown) larger than your screen

#12 decroded

decroded

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 572 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:36 PM

I did. same ****

I'm not that experienced really but if you post the test.gmk u just made im sure we can find the problem.

#13 tommygunone

tommygunone

GMC Member

• 47 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:37 PM

is your port size (+ window borders and caption bar, if shown) larger than your screen

possibly but I have full screen clicked

#14 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• Retired Staff
  • 15413 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:53 PM

and your full screen is capable of doing 1500x900?

I think it can support 1440900 so is scaled down that 1500 to 1440 and the height was also scale down from 900 to 840 to keep the aspect ration... so you would be like 60 pixels off (GM gets confused sometimes with the mouse_x mouse_y coords)

#15 decroded

decroded

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 572 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:08 AM

I think unless u post ur test.gmk ur l limiting urself to responses from ppl experienced enough to speculate what the problem is instead of giving ppl like me a chance to debug and probably find a very quick solution (once I get home that is)

#16 tommygunone

tommygunone

GMC Member

• 47 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:27 PM

I think unless u post ur test.gmk ur l limiting urself to responses from ppl experienced enough to speculate what the problem is instead of giving ppl like me a chance to debug and probably find a very quick solution (once I get home that is)

I found a solution the problem is computers have trouble scaling down and my view was to big this is the biggest port you can have without messing up the mouse: 1400, 768 which really is the same as 1500 900 but without a glitch.

#17 tommygunone

tommygunone

GMC Member

• 47 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:29 PM

and your full screen is capable of doing 1500x900?

I think it can support 1440900 so is scaled down that 1500 to 1440 and the height was also scale down from 900 to 840 to keep the aspect ration... so you would be like 60 pixels off (GM gets confused sometimes with the mouse_x mouse_y coords)

you were right thankes x 1,000,000. now my game is working fine. hope you all play the finished product of Terran Journey

#18 tommygunone

tommygunone

GMC Member

• 47 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:35 PM

i need a quidditch background

#19 decroded

decroded

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 572 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:15 AM

i need a quidditch background

What kind of post is that?
If you're asking for help I can't imagine how thats going to get you anywhere.

FYI - http://en.wikipedia....play_resolution
I think you should always avoid using a resolution bigger than the display you're running on.
So it would help to at least be aware of native resolutions instead of picking random ones.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users