• GMC Member
  • 12 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:08 AM

Avalanche Re-Tactics v1.3
Logo Coming Soon!

What and why you made and how it was made:

What and why you made this:
This game is one of the most "old" game (supposedly it was published in 2009, I think it has been published in 2000 to 2005) that motivated me to do a "clone" (in other words, recreation) of itself but with some few physical aspects changed (not the graphics, but the physics and a bit of altered playstyle). I had to do so much custom stuff (I am not mentioning, but you'll get surprised. ;)) that if you see the source code... well it's a gum mixed with all of the dirt available in the streets (I am not saying that the code is disorganized but a bit confusing...). But I did this by heart, with my love for the hard working (ImaginEngine) devvies. I also did this as my Electronics (Workshop) Final Project, and well... it has surprised my teacher. :laugh:

How it was made:
It was made using the ExtremePhysics 2.2 for the multipoligon collisioning (background, static) and for the spheres (balls, dynamic). I had to rip-off content from the original game... and I feel so ashamed... (But if anyone wants to help me graphic and sound wise then I would be delighted, this project will continue on even if it has been finished or not.) As well I had to google for some extra stuff (gmc topics, examples, etc.) without the need to nag on here.

So to shorten this: I cried, learned, laughed, wasted 4 to 6 hours daily on that project and it has been worth the wait to develop this under a week (well coding only, graphics aren't included in this timeline... well converting only.)

Now onto the game itself!

Instructions/How to Play (Included also in the game, as well other info):
Clear levels by filling the Avalanche Meter. Destroying clusters of balls will fill the Avalanche Meter. The larger the group of balls, the more will fill it faster. Think ahead FAST and try to plan for larger groups of the same color. Clusters of colors must have at least one unfrozen ball. In order for them to be removed; however, the frozen ball cannot be clicked only the unfrozen ball can be clicked.

Screenshots:
Posted Image Posted Image

Additional Info:
Category: Puzzle
File Size: 6.0 MB aprox
GM Version: GM8.1
Vista Compatible: Yes
Screen Resolution: 640x480, keeps its aspect, resizable, fullscreenable

Links:
Updated Version: http://sandbox.yoyog...nche-re-tactics
Mirror Link: http://dl.dropbox.co...s/avalanche.exe

My "dev" comment about this game:
Well, in all of serious, you might get bored a bit since the gameplay is a tiny tiny bit repetitive and there is a 2 or 3 missing features as well (hence it's in WIP) and might have some few bugs and errors (hence it's also in BETA, lol). But if the company made this game commercially (for $20, seriously!) then it went gone like if it never existed, then the company wouldn't mind I have made this a fan game.

PS: My new username is ptown2, this rsandoz username isn't being used anymore.

Comments, Suggestions, Bugs, etc. are welcomed here!

Edited by rsandoz2008, 25 April 2012 - 01:48 AM.

#2 goldsonic46

goldsonic46

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 581 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:20 AM

I remembered this game when I was a kid. I loved it so much that I had attempts to reverse engineer the game for the Mac platform. You should release this for the Mac.

#3 rsandoz2008

rsandoz2008

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 12 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:48 AM

New updates have been made yesterday for this game, most of the features in this update are done so if you downloaded it please redownload it for any bugfixes as well new upgrades/updates.

The update was about the appearance of the Quake Ball and Color Blast Ball, and if they are un-used for that level they give you extra points (2000 for Color Blast, 500 for Quake). Plus some few un-mentioned silly updates.

I remembered this game when I was a kid. I loved it so much that I had attempts to reverse engineer the game for the Mac platform. You should release this for the Mac.

Yeah, once GM Studio comes out I will release a version for Mac. But a HTML5 version is coming this May, as well a Facebook Edition (if possible).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users