8 replies to this topic

#1 jojackso1

jojackso1

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 479 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:08 PM

Hello. Does GameMaker HTML5 support online game creation? that of which is possible in normal GM8, or is it limited?

#2 Debels

Debels

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2726 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:21 PM

Hello. Does GameMaker HTML5 support online game creation? that of which is possible in normal GM8, or is it limited?

Yes you can make online games with GM:HTML5.
Is it limited: I can't really tell since i didn't really test (a 100%) this extension: http://gmc.yoyogames...howtopic=526082.

#3 mrsmes

mrsmes

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1506 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:38 AM

So could 1 make a game where the user places down objects and purchases items with in app purchases, virtual cash, exp, levelling up, visiting others like etc in pet shop story, and expand their world?

#4 membrain

membrain

GMC Member

• 667 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:45 AM

it would require the use of a database with individual user accounts, but yes it can be done from what I understand.
I don't know jack-**** about java, html, or any web-based language so I am of no help here I'm afraid but what I've read around the forums suggest that it's possible.
I suppose cookies could be used as an alternative but in my opinion that's not a smart way to go.

#5 Debels

Debels

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2726 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:42 PM

So could 1 make a game where the user places down objects and purchases items with in app purchases, virtual cash, exp, levelling up, visiting others like etc in pet shop story, and expand their world?

With the extension i pointed out, you can have a GM server, check out the topic :)

#6 0000701333

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:45 AM

If any of you wish for me to do so, I am considering creating a compilation of my version of World Engine and GM:Html5! (using this extension) If I am able to create this without any bad luck, feel free to ask and I could easily post it up for your use :laugh:

#7 2DLuis

2DLuis

Graphic Designer

• GMC Member
  • 2526 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:51 AM

It is worthy to point out that you should never store sensitive database credentials in your javascript files as MOST HTML5 engines do not obfuscate their source codes. The only viable solution I'd see to something like this is to keep a constant connection to a database to synchronize other players and your webhost wouldn't be terribly happy with this influx of HTTP requests.

However, I do not use GM:HTML5, as I code Javascript directly, however I'm sure the only way to use networking features within YYG's engine is to reference external Js libraries.

#8 0000701333

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:14 AM

It is worthy to point out that you should never store sensitive database credentials in your javascript files as MOST HTML5 engines do not obfuscate their source codes. The only viable solution I'd see to something like this is to keep a constant connection to a database to synchronize other players and your webhost wouldn't be terribly happy with this influx of HTTP requests.

However, I do not use GM:HTML5, as I code Javascript directly, however I'm sure the only way to use networking features within YYG's engine is to reference external Js libraries.

If this was directed towards me, then I'm sorry but I hardly understood any of this. If not, carry on! :whistle:

#9 Debels

Debels

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2726 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:42 AM

Or you could call a webpage based on PHP :)
and yes the only way of using networking features with anything related to YYG's engines are external resources xD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users