8 replies to this topic

#1 dmitko

dmitko

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1012 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:14 AM

Hi, everyone, I'm just posting to see if anyone has ideas about my game. Just go arround and shoot - there is no weapon variety and this is how it will be. Any other ideas are welcome. Have fun!

Posted ImageUploaded at Picoodle.com

The graphics are pretty good I dare say, just run it - its better than the screen says. The game uses Ultimate3D DLL now.

Waiting for critics and stuff... :)

Download: http://sandbox.yoyog...unky-3d-shooter

Edited by dmitko, 23 December 2012 - 10:15 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Currently working on Project Funky 3D

#2 GamesRGud

GamesRGud

GMC Member

• 28 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:36 AM

Graphics are really nice indeed.
Quite fun to mess around and shoot stuff.
Altho the aiming feels a bit dodgy, could be improved by letting the player aim with the mouse to some degree (e.g. move the aim left and right a bit).
Allso, the little robot thingies are quite fast, so larger maps are a possibility.

#3 ookami125

ookami125

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 217 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:49 AM

Nice brain:Wow this is pretty good!
Mean Brain:
1) Could of made it just one file not a whole zip.
2) The graphics look like a Nintendo 64 game.
3) Only 3 colored cars!
4) When I remove opponents they appear dead in corners.
5) Space would be a better button to use the gun if your not using the mouse to move.
6) Grammatical errors in "readme.txt".

Wow being a critic against this game is kinda hard but still fun game!

Edited by ookami125, 23 April 2012 - 11:51 AM.

Having trouble with anything I told you and/or said then just pm me and I'll get back to you in at most a day or two.

Fist Studios Programmer/Administrator
Head Programmer - Master Team
E-Mail Fist Studios @ fiststudios@mail.com

#4 dmitko

dmitko

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1012 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

Hi, everyone!
Is somebody interested in helping me out with sound effects?

#5 dmitko

dmitko

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1012 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:43 PM

Actually, Robert, I am using U3D basic functions only and use the same technique as I would use for GM built-in 3D, and this is what gives me the speed I want. Another thing is that the game runs with 60 FPS, not 30 as in most GM games. And as you noticed it doesn't slow down even with many players playing. I have tried, but GM can't handle that 3D with this speed, so I am really going nowhere without U3D.

As for mouse aiming - this is something I will definitely add, although it will affect the gameplay a lot.

#6 Garry Danger

Garry Danger

GMC Member

• 5 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:33 PM

I absolutely loved this. I think it has massive potential. Great work! :thumbsup:

#7 dmitko

dmitko

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1012 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:49 PM

Is someone alive here?

Hello everyone. Most probably none of you know who I am, so I am Dimitar Palanski, a creative director at Paladim Handmade. And who cares, right? Well, I do. And I wanted to share some of my story with you guys. First, let me tell you that 8 years ago I was crazy on the GMC and crazy about GM. Designing and probramming games was my life. And I was getting quite good, hah...

Whatever the reason, I don't do anything close to probramming any more. I miss it sometimes... like now, when I am writing this...
Since 2012 I make and sell desk lamps and wall clocks mainly. After all I made my dream come true - I made my own company and it went great and is still going pretty well. Yes, it could be a lot better, but it is a dream come true. I had always though that my company will be "dmitko Games" or "Tangra Games" (the name of an ancient Bulgarian god) or something like that but it turned out a completetly different story. And so what, you will say? That, my experience here in the forum and the habit of doing work and getting things done was what got me where I am now, and where Paladim is now. I owe a lot to the community and to Game Maker.

It has been times that I deeply regret how I spent my time in highschool. I was at home, coding. I didn't go out with many girls (you must know what it's like. haha) and I wasn't really "fly", but still I wasn't a nerd either. But doing stuff like programming a certain script, making ideas happen, making textures, model, sounds, whatever you need IN ORDER TO ACHIEVE your goals - this is precious, guys. Keep this in mind and remember, hard work and enthusiasm always pay back. You just have to have the patience and persistance and you will succeed!

Well, this is what I wanted to share with my beloved community, I really loved this place and spent so much time here. And I didn't know I enjoy it that much before, but now I know - it was a lot of fun. Keep up and make things happen!

Best regards,
Dimitar Palanski
www.paladimhandmade.com

Edited by dmitko, 12 August 2015 - 09:50 PM.

#8 melerski

melerski

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:43 PM

Hey man! Thanks for the motivational speech.

#9 HopelessComposer

HopelessComposer

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1080 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 09:59 PM

Don't worry, I'll become rich from games in your stead, soon. Never too late for you, either. Thanks for the nice words. =)

Edited by HopelessComposer, 14 August 2015 - 09:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users