#1 MonkeyMaw

MonkeyMaw

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 308 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

header.png

Hello everyone, just wanted to announce my blog! It's nothing special but it has a monkey and that right there is worth a click wouldn't you say? My blog mainly

consists of useless ramblings regarding games I'm developing using GameMaker Studio. Life is short and without a visit from you, I could die within minutes!

It's true, I'm already feeling slightly faint because you haven't visited yet! 

*Disclaimer - I most likely will not die within minutes. I simply used that tactic to fool you into visiting my blog. I do reserve the right to actually die within minutes. 

If that were to happen, please do not feel bad for not visiting my blog. Although you visiting my blog would most certainly add time to my life. Confused? Good. Me too.

Edited by MonkeyMaw, 24 April 2013 - 06:52 PM.

#2 connor4312

connor4312

www.connorpeet.com

• GMC Member
  • 896 posts
  • Version:None

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:51 PM

+1 for awesome post. A good website, too :) Consider posting some videos of "Laser's Aren't That Cool," I'm curious about your moving 3d background.

#3 MonkeyMaw

MonkeyMaw

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 308 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:22 PM

+1 for awesome post.

My humor is un-liked by 9 out of 10 people. You are the 1 person who does like it. If you are female, marry me? If you are male, please ignore that.

Thanks Connor, if that is your real name! There most likely will not be a video for Lasers Aren't That Cool. The reason being ... this is just an experiment of sorts. The game will not have levels, it will not have enemies per say, and that's about all I can say right now. I'm not even sure it could be considered a real game, think of it more as a fun way to pass a few minutes. 50% of the "experiment" factor is the engine itself. If this engine works well and people want me to do something more with it, I might! Typically I enjoy making small games. That's not to say I won't make big games, but since I will make more small games than big ... videos won't be necessary in my opinion. Don't set that in concrete though, I could change my mind!

I appreciate you inquiring about the background, but it's nothing really. It's a model that consists of a grid of blocks with varying heights. There are 3 lights to make it look pretty and fog to make things prettier. There is a predefined path that the camera follows and the grid rotates slowly to give off an interesting effect of motion.

Edited by MonkeyMaw, 23 April 2012 - 08:12 PM.

#4 icymx

icymx

Patrick Brett

• GMC Member
  • 800 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:15 AM

Your humour reminds me a lot of Orange08. I checked out your blog and it's pretty cool. You even have a custom domain (AND IT'S NOT .TK!!!) ::lmao::

#5 NicroGames

NicroGames

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 300 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:39 PM

The site looks good, I actually think I'll bookmark it! +1
I laughed at your first post, but by the way, I'm a male :no:

#6 MonkeyMaw

MonkeyMaw

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 308 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:59 PM

@Icymx, Hey thanks pal! Why do I recognize that name orange08? I noticed you have a blog as well, I will be sure to return the favor. That's all I'll return though, no kisses. Haha yea I do have a custom domain. No one knows this quite yet, but I made Minecraft. Yea see, Notch came to me with a long and sad story involving hot dogs, a pit bull, and a sack of Twinkies. He needed something to turn his life around so I gave him my creation and now he's rich. The moral of that sick and rather twisted story is that when you are important, like me, you can get anything done. Even if it's just registering a domain.

@NicroGames, That's awesome and I appreciate it. I know my blog isn't all that and it never will be, but I truly appreciate people following along anyhow. I'm glad you liked my first post, and it's good to know you are male. For some reason though, it matters not. I feel a strong attraction to you now. Call me?

Completely Off-Topic Edit: I love that orange color. I'm going to be randomly using it from now on to highlight things. I'd like to provide an example. Example. See what I did there?

Edited by MonkeyMaw, 02 May 2012 - 10:02 PM.

#7 NicroGames

NicroGames

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 300 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:44 PM

@NicroGames, That's awesome and I appreciate it. I know my blog isn't all that and it never will be, but I truly appreciate people following along anyhow. I'm glad you liked my first post, and it's good to know you are male. For some reason though, it matters not. I feel a strong attraction to you now. Call me? :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Eh, well, um... :sick:

Edited by NicroGames, 03 May 2012 - 06:45 PM.

#8 MonkeyMaw

MonkeyMaw

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 308 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:45 PM

Eh, well, um...

Lol! Hey I didn't add all those love icons! I was kidding though. No but seriously, you can call me, no just kidding, but seriously. Alright now I'm freaked out a little bit.

#9 MonkeyMaw

MonkeyMaw

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 308 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:27 PM

Hello everyone! Been about 5 months or so since a bump and since I released a new game today, BUMP!

#10 NicroGames

NicroGames

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 300 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:05 PM

Looks cool, may check it out sometime. (I'm game jammin' right now)

Edited by NicroGames, 27 October 2012 - 02:06 PM.

#11 MonkeyMaw

MonkeyMaw

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 308 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

Looks cool, may check it out sometime. (I'm game jammin' right now)

Sorry, I'm a bit late the the party, because I see your name is already on the leader boards! That's awesome! Thanks for playing and thanks for your comment!

#12 MonkeyMaw

MonkeyMaw

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 308 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

Hello everyone, it's been a month or so I posted, but I felt it was necessary today. Mainly because I am giving away GameMaker Studio Professional with the HTML5 module for Christmas. All you have to do is read this, and leave a comment for a chance to win. It's just that simple. Thank you, have a merry Christmas, and good luck to you all :)

Edited by MonkeyMaw, 11 December 2012 - 08:33 PM.

#13 MonkeyMaw

MonkeyMaw

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 308 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

Hey guys, it's been awhile since my last update here. I've redesigned the site a bit, I've did a massive update to Zombomb, I have a new game, and a new demo of a project I've been tinkering with. So I hope you like what you see, give me a visit!

#14 theweirdn8

theweirdn8

Unrivaled Legend

• GMC Member
  • 4098 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

Hey dude,

I wrote a review for your Dear Game here:

http://www.superlong...r-by-monkeymaw/

#15 MonkeyMaw

MonkeyMaw

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 308 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:07 PM

I wrote a review for your Dear Game.

It's much appreciated! I thought the review was certainly fair. I would like to address one concern of mine regarding a particular pair of sentences, just to clear up and misconceptions.

I should do a little bit of PR for MonkeyMaw as the game does sometimes feel a little bit sexist. The wife of the player is constantly nagging and every time you attempt to do something right, she is angry with the result.

It does come off as sexist, but I assure you that wasn't the intention at all. The point is that while the player thinks he can do some right by satisfying her needs or wants, but it's far too late for that. She's not meant to be nagging, she is just fed up from stuff over the years. I can better sum this up with a comment I posted on GameJolt regarding this matter. Here is the question a player asked, followed by my response.

I loved it, the graphics are awesome, the story is a bit depressing though, is there anything I can do to make thing "work out"?

"Unfortunately, no. I wanted to put the player in a situation that was out of your control. You may feel that you are in control as you can make a choice via purchases, but ultimately, this relationship is over. I've been in a similar situation. No matter what I did, the relationship was broken and could not be fixed. While it is depressing, it's probably all too familiar to quite a few people whom may have experienced something similar. You wanting to make the relationship work out is exactly what I wanted from this game! The ending was intentionally over the top and there is reason. It is a game afterall, and I didn't feel a simple break up would mean much to a player. I needed it to have a little more impact."

So no, it's not my perception of how a husband and wife treat each other. It's not about making the wife look bad. I can see how that can be interpreted though, and maybe next time I design a short story game, I'll convey my intention better than I did with Dear. Regardless, thank you for the great review, I look forward to more!

Edited by MonkeyMaw, 24 April 2013 - 07:08 PM.

#16 Braffolk

Braffolk

Lumenus Team

• GMC Member
  • 858 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

Man awesome page and games ;)

#17 MonkeyMaw

MonkeyMaw

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 308 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

Man awesome page and games

Thank you very much, I appreciate the feedback!

#18 Greenhawk911

Greenhawk911

SHS Drumline

• GMC Member
  • 662 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:43 PM

Good website. There was a 7 year old kid on there who commented on your game.I thought it was cute. I wish my generation could type at that age. I was just lucky. :whistling:

Also what software did you use to make that site?

Edited by Greenhawk911, 31 May 2013 - 01:46 AM.

#19 MonkeyMaw

MonkeyMaw

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 308 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:01 AM

Good website. There was a 7 year old kid on there who commented on your game.I thought it was cute. I wish my generation could type at that age. I was just lucky.  :whistling:

Thanks man! You must be talking about Zoey, she was a cutie, and smart as well!

Also what software did you use to make that site?

That's just a Wordpress blog with a theme :)

#20 Hiznopellagio

Hiznopellagio

Call Me Hiz.

• GMC Member
  • 638 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:14 AM

Nice site! Loved your games! Especially your Lofi Roguelike header.. cute!

#21 MonkeyMaw

MonkeyMaw

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 308 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:56 AM

Hello people! It's been a while, but I've got a new game coming out in a month or so and I just posted about it. Give me a visit, check out the first real screen and the main music track! Thank you :)

Edited by MonkeyMaw, 08 September 2014 - 02:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users