Showing Scores and High Score Table

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 _260729

_260729

GMC Member

• 3 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:33 PM

I'm increadbly new to game maker, and I've been developing my game in easy mode with no code implimented (this is just for a class assignment) and I'm confused with scoring.

Right now I have my score keeping track in the title bar at the top of the window.
How do I draw the score in?

Also, I tried to create a high score table, but it doesn't keep track of the scoring?? it says they're all 0. Figured this out :)

Lastly, unrelated to this, I have a game where the objects bounce around the screen. It's a balloon that when it hits a wall (default brown wall that comes with the game) it duplicates itself in that location and continues to bounce.
My problem is that they're duplicating exponentially at times, and I'm guessing that when they bounce, they are occasonally bouncing right against the wall again which creates a million copies? Help!

Edited by _260729, 21 April 2012 - 05:40 PM.

#2 jo-thijs

jo-thijs

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3193 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:00 PM

there is an action to draw the score in your game, it is the score action with a yellow background.
You just use that action in a draw event.
And what exactly happens with your balloons? Do they just copy once they hit a wall? I don't see the problem there.

#3 _260729

_260729

GMC Member

• 3 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:07 PM

there is an action to draw the score in your game, it is the score action with a yellow background.
You just use that action in a draw event.
And what exactly happens with your balloons? Do they just copy once they hit a wall? I don't see the problem there.

with the balloons, sometimes it's one time, other times it's 20+ to the point where it overloads the game and crashes.
It's just like it gets stuck on the wall and continues to duplicate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users