ABOUT THE GAME
King Killaton: One Man Army is a tribute and throwback to good old action-overdrive games like Duke Nukem, Serious Sam and Painkiller. It's a wavebased shooter where you shoot wave after wave of alien scum with increasingly powerful weaponry. Along with getting new weapons, you will also constantly be "leveling up" and picking your own upgrades that will help you in whatever strategy serves you (more health, faster movement, increased dodge rate, increased hit rate etc. just to name a few). There are 3 different worlds ensuring a good flow, pace and change of scenery. Also, new monsters are introduced every now and then to keep it fresh.
- 10 very different weapons + grenades (11 total weapons!)
- 12 different upgrades to choose from, you get a new one every other wave
- Original soundtrack by Roland LaGoy featuring old school heavy metal
- 10 different enemies, nasty in each their own special way
- Cool voice acting by Dennis Haagensen delivering very tacky oneliners during the action
- 2 unique boss fights
- Every world and boss fight you reach is unlocked and can then be played again whenever you wish
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THE BETA
- You can press 'F' during gameplay to grant yourself endless skill points. Needless to say this won't be in the full version, but this way, you can help me test all 12 upgrades easier and let me know if they're balanced enough.
- Pressing 'R' will restart the game. This is just for debugging and, needless to say, won't be included in the full version.
- The beta ends after wave 9 in world 3, where you may encounter an error message. This is because I have yet to "conclude" the beta in a nice wrapping way, and it means you've completed the beta. Naturally, I will soon make a more "neat" ending.
- More monsters and boss fights!
- More changes to the scenery (palms in World2, cracks with lava in World3 etc.)
- Online highscore
- If people like it - a story mode with actual levels and a story, as well as additional stuff (like vehicle sections etc.)
- The chainsaw and flamethrower sounds can be a bit buggy
- The flamethrower is not done properly yet, it doesn't brake crates, it doesn't give enough damage, and enemies need to give visual feedback when hit (for example, with fire)
- Changing the resolution can cause problems (objects not positioned properly, bullet-time effect not scaled properly etc. - for the duration of the beta, please try to play with default resolution)
- Difficulty setting is integrated, but it doesn't do any difference yet
- Loading a boss fight directly in-game and then loading another right after can cause problems (for now the safest solution is to restart the game before doing it)
- Sometimes the sprites for boss2 are not loaded correctly which can cause "non-existing sprite" when fighting boss2
- When killing the big purple monsters in world3, the King says a special line that he can say regardless if he's saying something else already (making him say two lines at the same time)
- Lack of death animation for the player
This is the first beta I release and I feel that it's about time to get some feedback on it before I go further. Please let me know what you think.
I realize the download may seem big, but an originally composed soundtrack does take up some space... It should be worth it. If it's a problem, I'll make soundless edition, though that would take a lot of the atmosphere away.
Let me know what you think.
EDIT: Any betatesters who actually betatests and wishes to be put in the credits, just say so.
>>DOWNLOAD FROM SPELLCAP<<
>>DOWNLOAD FROM YOYOGAMES<<
Edited by Elminster, 22 April 2012 - 09:59 PM.