- Title: GMSpriterAPI Beta1.3.
- Description: Support for Spriter files (SCML)
- GM Version: :GM81: :GM8:
- Registered: Yes
- File Type: .zip (gmk, gm81, gmres, gml, animation project file and resources)
- File Size: 333kb
- File Link: http://www.host-a.ne...MSpriterAPI.zip
- Spriter Site: http://www.kickstart...9087245/spriter
This adds support to load Spriter character animation files into your games.
- SpriterInit() Initializes the setup
- SpriterLoadProject() Loads the SCML file. Supports multiple files
- SpriterSetCharaterAnimation() Set the animation for the character
- SpriterDrawCurrentFrame() Draws the animation frames
- SpriterDebugMakeAnim() pops up a menu to create an animation from the characters available
Included in the zip is the Spriter R1 and R3 character files, no harm intended, used for proof of concept
Limited support for R1 and R3
There are features in Spriter that could be supported... Collisions would need to be synchronized and I think there is hot point support to come in Spriter but the file did not have anything regarding the 2.
If you are interested, I can add support to fetch where an item is, like the sword in the animation so you can drop a collision enabled object at the location, so to detect sword hits. I could also provide support for compound characters where each sprite could possibly be linked to an instance.
- Spriter R1 files support
- Spriter R3 files support
- hot spot support (to us, x,y origins)
- bounding box loading, no access
- The frame timing is slightly off (not noticeable though)
- <charmap> section is ignored
- <group> ignored
Please provide feedback... and I do have a donate link below in my sig
It asks for the animation file when it starts
Right Click will show the characters available.