5 replies to this topic

#1 adhgarra

adhgarra

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 90 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:08 PM

Ok so i recently fixed my current official site up which I have had for a year now to promote my games but I'm not getting any views or that many downloads at that matter.. I promoted my games on here but none of them ever get any recognition but when I do get a download its mainly positive so I been curious to know why if people have tried it why haven't I gotten much feedback telling me if its good or not or where to improve at? Here is my site so can anyone tell me is there anything i should add or have any opinions on it? My Site It's probably not the best site but I think it gets the point across.

#2 GameGeisha

GameGeisha

GameGeisha

• GMC Member
  • 4090 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:32 PM

I promoted my games on here but none of them ever get any recognition...

I stopped reading there.

If your intention is to get broader recognition, boxing your marketing plan within the GMC is the last thing you should do. For instance, since you appear interested in game series such as Zelda, Crash, etc., try promoting your site on forums that discuss these games (where permitted). If you are good with graphics, you should consider joining DeviantArt.

Also, you should consider fixing up your colour scheme --- red text on a black background is really painful to look at.

GameGeisha

#3 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 20930 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:37 PM

This is a site for developers, not players, and so don't epect (as GameGeisha says) many hits from here... Take her advice about moving on other forums, but also think about setting up a Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr account as they are also a great way to get the message out there about your games.

#4 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8134 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:05 PM

Take her advice....

Ummm, I'm pretty sure she's a he.

#5 adhgarra

adhgarra

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:02 PM

I promoted my games on here but none of them ever get any recognition...

I stopped reading there.

If your intention is to get broader recognition, boxing your marketing plan within the GMC is the last thing you should do. For instance, since you appear interested in game series such as Zelda, Crash, etc., try promoting your site on forums that discuss these games (where permitted). If you are good with graphics, you should consider joining DeviantArt.

Also, you should consider fixing up your colour scheme --- red text on a black background is really painful to look at.

GameGeisha

Thanks for the response.. I'm going to edit the colors and find some more forum sites

#6 ChaosWormz

ChaosWormz

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 90 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:05 PM

I promoted my games on here but none of them ever get any recognition but when I do get a download its mainly positive so I been curious to know why if people have tried it why haven't I gotten much feedback telling me if its good or not or where to improve at.

you should try posting your games at sites meant for Players as opposed to the GMC which is for Makers.Try posting your game at tigsource

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users