• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Waudioworks

Waudioworks

GMC Member

• 8 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:02 PM

Hi there, so first off a bit about me: Im a professional musician based in London. I am offering to compose/produce music for your projects. I have 12 years musical experience and am currently studying at the institute of contemporary music performance in London. First and foremost I am a performer but in recent years I have found a passion for music production as well as composition and songwriting.

Although my work schedule is currently huge due to uni work and musical projects I would like to work with some game designers as it is something that I have had an interest in for a while. At the moment I am offering my services for free as i would like to wet my feet in the industry a bit before feeling i should charge. However I currently have a website in the making dedicated to royalty free production music and sound effects as well as bespoke music services at affordable prices. I am also currently working on a huge library of royalty free tracks and sounds.

I am able to offer a wide range of genres from electronic and retro game sounds all the way to orchestral pieces.

I do not wish to take on a huge workload due to a lot of commitments at the moment, but maybe if one of you would like to work with me a bit I'll do my best to provide you with what you need.

If any of this sounds appealing then please take the time to head over and like my Music FB page: www.facebook.com/willallenmusic contact details can be found on there, or you could drop me a message on my wall or leave a post here.
I try to keep my page updated regularly and there is plenty of information about me and services in the "about" section of my page.

thank you,
Will

WAudioworks
@willallen_music

#2 ChefDavid22

ChefDavid22

No, YOU shut up!

• GMC Member
  • 1195 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:33 PM

Well I can tell you now if you have any looping music I could use as background music for my game HERE I would be glad to use it and give you full credit in the game. No need to create anything new, just checking if you had something.

I also have a fun carnival zombie type game in the works. If those two words "carnival, zombie" give you any inspritation.

#3 Waudioworks

Waudioworks

GMC Member

• 8 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:24 PM

Well I can tell you now if you have any looping music I could use as background music for my game HERE I would be glad to use it and give you full credit in the game. No need to create anything new, just checking if you had something.

I also have a fun carnival zombie type game in the works. If those two words "carnival, zombie" give you any inspritation.

Hi, this looks interesting I'm not sure id have any current loops that'd suit the theme but id be more than happy to try out some ideas. is there any particular style you want the music in? maybe some examples of current songs you'd like it to sound like?
also the carnival zombie thing sounds cool. Ill have a little play around with some ideas.

#4 ChefDavid22

ChefDavid22

No, YOU shut up!

• GMC Member
  • 1195 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:40 PM

Im very flexible and honest man. If someone makes something for me and I'm not going to use it I just let them know and am polite about it.

I honestly have nothing to mind about what to use. I will however send you some screen shots of the zombie carnival thing this weekend some time when I have something more to show. Maybe it will help inspire you.

#5 Waudioworks

Waudioworks

GMC Member

• 8 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:06 PM

ok cool, well ill get some ideas together over the next few days and put them up for download. can let me know what you think and i can work a bit more on it if need be. Yeh some screenshots would be great to work from :)

#6 MaelstromDevelopments

MaelstromDevelopments

GMC Member

• 3 posts
  • Version:None

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:57 AM

i'm currently just starting a game and would love to have someone with as much as experience as yours assist me with the soundtrack due to a lack of anyone skilled that i know personally. we are currently still in the process of writing the plot for the game, but we have a basic idea of what we want the theme to be and that would be dark and creepy, so if you could help us out, that would be great! you could write the whole soundtrack or just one or two songs, the choice, of course, would be yours. we would of course credit you in the game and if we do not release it as free to play, then we would share the profit with you (if you would like)
Please visit and like Maelstrom Developments on Facebook http://facebook.com/...romDevelopments
Please follow us on Twitter @MaelstromDev
and join our site http://maelstromdevelopments.webs.com

#7 ChefDavid22

ChefDavid22

No, YOU shut up!

• GMC Member
  • 1195 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:40 PM

ok cool, well ill get some ideas together over the next few days and put them up for download. can let me know what you think and i can work a bit more on it if need be. Yeh some screenshots would be great to work from :)

It would be wicked to have a slighty faster verion of this - Creepy Carnival Music - without the organ. I hate organ sounds :verymad:

I like this too: Circus Intro

Edited by ChefDavid22, 19 April 2012 - 12:41 PM.

#8 Waudioworks

Waudioworks

GMC Member

• 8 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:28 PM

i'm currently just starting a game and would love to have someone with as much as experience as yours assist me with the soundtrack due to a lack of anyone skilled that i know personally. we are currently still in the process of writing the plot for the game, but we have a basic idea of what we want the theme to be and that would be dark and creepy, so if you could help us out, that would be great! you could write the whole soundtrack or just one or two songs, the choice, of course, would be yours. we would of course credit you in the game and if we do not release it as free to play, then we would share the profit with you (if you would like)

this sounds great. Id be happy to work on a whole soundtrack if things go well. do you have any examples of what you would like it to sound like? or just send me some screenshots and some more details about the project as you make it so i know what kind of theme I'm working with.

Ill be happy to work on these 2 projects but can't do anymore at the moment due to my workload so if anyone else was wanting anything done, leave a message on my FB or on here and ill try to see to them if i find the time. Id like to prioritise on these and not spread myself to thinly :)

Cheers

#9 MaelstromDevelopments

MaelstromDevelopments

GMC Member

• 3 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

this sounds great. Id be happy to work on a whole soundtrack if things go well. do you have any examples of what you would like it to sound like? or just send me some screenshots and some more details about the project as you make it so i know what kind of theme I'm working with.

Ill be happy to work on these 2 projects but can't do anymore at the moment due to my workload so if anyone else was wanting anything done, leave a message on my FB or on here and ill try to see to them if i find the time. Id like to prioritise on these and not spread myself to thinly :)

Cheers

well i was thinking that an orchestral sound with a dark tone would be good because we plan for the game to be based in an old abandoned boarding school so the game itself will have a kind of dark/gloomy theme to it and a soundtrack that matches it would be awesome
Please visit and like Maelstrom Developments on Facebook http://facebook.com/...romDevelopments

#10 Waudioworks

Waudioworks

GMC Member

• 8 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:32 PM

well i was thinking that an orchestral sound with a dark tone would be good because we plan for the game to be based in an old abandoned boarding school so the game itself will have a kind of dark/gloomy theme to it and a soundtrack that matches it would be awesome
[/quote]

Ok cool, i can work with that, sounds like an interesting setting. ill mess around with some ideas and upload them to soundcloud at some point so you can have a listen to see which ones you think will work then i can expand on them. Ill send the link to you when ive done so.

#11 MaelstromDevelopments

MaelstromDevelopments

GMC Member

• 3 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:04 AM

Ok cool, i can work with that, sounds like an interesting setting. ill mess around with some ideas and upload them to soundcloud at some point so you can have a listen to see which ones you think will work then i can expand on them. Ill send the link to you when ive done so.

thanks so much!

#12 Waudioworks

Waudioworks

GMC Member

• 8 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

some rough examples now available to hear on soundcloud:
www.soundcloud.com/waudioworks