38 replies to this topic

#31 theepicgeno

theepicgeno

BrokenIMG

• GMC Member
  • 927 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:32 PM

This game isn't being made by me. I couldn't make this game even if I knew how to use the 3d functions. I was just giving an idea for a game that really good game makers could create.

#32 Sirblueshue

Sirblueshue

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:33 AM

I was more thinking about, because I am still in high school, taking college courses and using that knowledge to work my way up to getting a job as a video game programmer. Then working on the project as a side-work. After that, presenting the game to the company in which THEN they would consider it. And to the fact of using the same characters, I was not planning on it. I was thinking of a more in-depth multi-player game in where players design their own characters. Here they can enter as many hunger games as they want. And they could keep uptated on special events, like having a first, second and etc. quarter quarrels.

#33 nathantcash

nathantcash

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 77 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:03 PM

You would have to make it in a more powerful 3d game engine such as Unity3d. Game maker is great for 2d but doesn't work very well on 3d games. Also the project you are talking about is VERY complicated and would take several professionals to make. After it is completed, they will most likely want a profit and couldn't easily sell the game because of copyrights. A cool idea but not practical.

#34 fullmedia

fullmedia

GMC Member

• 32 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:16 PM

A game that I can think of that is similar to the Hunger Games already is Minecraft with ultra-hardcore plugins. Games often last about 4/5 hours - which for some people may still be too long, but it shows that a game where you must try to survive against other people, whilst trying to keep food levels up could work.

There also needs to be some way for the server to have some kind of AI, a way to preference players depending on their playing style and reward them as such, on the other end of the scale, turn the tables and work against a player. I also don't think the map could be anywhere near as big, obviously the closer everyone is, the more likely they are going to meet and engage in combat.

I think it would be a really engaging game if something makes it right, as I said above, I love ultra-hardcore games in Minecraft, but there are parts which I wish could behave more like elements of the Hunger games.

#35 theepicgeno

theepicgeno

BrokenIMG

• GMC Member
  • 927 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:33 PM

Who would actually want to try making this in GameMaker? I'll give it a shot but it won't be 3d, that's for sure.

#36 Monstr Gaming

Monstr Gaming

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 358 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:52 PM

I'd usually silently scoff at a bump like that but since it's just in time for Catching Fire... I could imagine a TDS Hunger Games being made in GameMaker but I think only a full 3d would do the idea justice and that's beyond my capability nor do I have the time. I hope a game does get made for it some time.

Edited by Monstr Gaming, 07 November 2013 - 06:58 PM.

#37 jingsaw2859

jingsaw2859

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 55 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:22 PM

I'd usually silently scoff at a bump like that but since it's just in time for Catching Fire... I could imagine a TDS Hunger Games being made in GameMaker but I think only a full 3d would do the idea justice and that's beyond my capability nor do I have the time. I hope a game does get made for it some time.

Ermm, did nobody really notice the game I was working on? I lost the files, but I plan on re-making the game from scratch and calling it different so I don't get copyright issues.

http://sandbox.yoyog...om/games/212141

#38 theepicgeno

theepicgeno

BrokenIMG

• GMC Member
  • 927 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:33 PM

I'm not talking about a replica of the movie. I'm talking about a stand alone game that has similarities to hunger games.

#39 jingsaw2859

jingsaw2859

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 55 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:55 PM

That's what I'm gonna do in my re-make, because I don't want any copyright.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users