Things you can do:
-Mess with the sexiest inventory
-Kill naked hobos
-Clothe yourself
-Kill zombies
-Get killed by zombies
-Use health potions
-Drop your health potions
-Look at the sexiest, cartooniest graphics you've seen on the GMC in a long while

Controls:
-Left and Right arrows for moving (doubletap to run faster)
-Up arrow to begin climbing things
-Up and down arrows to climb up and down things
-A to jump
-A while holding down to jump down through jumpthrough platforms
-D to attack
-R to restart the game
-E to open Inventory and Equipment
-S to loot
-Right Click an item in your inventory to use/equip it

Here's the download!
File Size: 2.34MB
GM Version: GM8
Changes Screen Resolution: No
-Download 0.1.6-

:wub: ,
-Ampersand

Edited by Ampersand, 07 May 2012 - 05:57 AM.

Posted Image
(0.1.6)

#2 GamesRGud

GamesRGud

GMC Member

• 28 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:21 AM

Well, since slashing hobos in the desert is kind of my thing, I decided to try this.

-Animations are very fluent
-The jumping/climbing/moving is great, feels natural and intuative
-hobos are.. yes.

Off to a great start. Now if you whant to hear opinions on where to take it... I like my desert hobo slashing online, but think, whether you are up to it. Because I'd like to see this hobo slashing game finished, either way.

#3 Ampersand

Ampersand

Greatest boolean of all

• 796 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:31 PM

Thanks a lot for the feedback!

Especially the comment on the movement. It all felt very natural for me, but after many hours of playtesting it I wasn't sure if it would still be natural to someone new trying it.

I think that is the direction I shall go. Next update will include finished combat, character creation, a new enemy, and some more scenery. Then perhaps I ought to begin on making it online, a fun evening that will be :rolleyes:

Posted Image
(0.1.6)

#4 Ampersand

Ampersand

Greatest boolean of all

• 796 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:01 AM

So I hate projects that don't even keep you updated, even inbetween actual updates. So here you go!

Hud teaser!
Posted Image

Some hud concept art I drew today!
Spoiler

Fire golem :3
Spoiler

Edited by Ampersand, 18 April 2012 - 05:01 AM.

Posted Image
(0.1.6)

#5 creators124

creators124

awesomeliciousmember

• GMC Member
  • 866 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:53 AM

fire golem needs more work in the drawing stage but fun! ^_^
Posted ImageRate this topic:0 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

#6 Daddio

Daddio

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 393 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:30 AM

The art style and animations are brilliant! Three thumbs up on that part.

YES, you need a cool plot and some kind of a twist for the gameplay, so I shall throw some plot ideas out for you off the top of my head, starting....NOW

• He's a time traveler who goes into a bunch of different zones, from space, to western, to caveman.
  • It's a game full of irreverent humor, including the legendary "butt rocket" and the awesome power of the "armpit canon".
  • He is the famed "naked warrior of antioch" fighting to free the people from oppression, or just steal everything when they aren't looking.
  • One young boy's journey to join the Tournament of Champions. He has to fight his way up the ladder, facing every stronger and larger enemies, but gets in some training between fights beating up defenseless drunks.
  • Set in mythical times, this tiny titan doesn't know he's the son of Hercules, but soon his earth-shattering strength will display itself for all to see...along with some underpants.
  • Out to impress a girl, our hero will take on any quest that pops into her fuzzy little head. But it seems that no matter how hard he tries, she's always hanging out with bigger, stronger, better-looking guys. He's sure that one more quest will do the trick, even if it means bringing back the horns of the seven-headed snotdragon.

:medieval: Battle on!

Please try "Huze" for Android. Final Beta.
FREE! Game Maker Compass and Grid PDF

#7 Silver Scratch

Silver Scratch

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 166 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:08 AM

The art style and animations are brilliant! Three thumbs up on that part.

YES, you need a cool plot and some kind of a twist for the gameplay, so I shall throw some plot ideas out for you off the top of my head, starting....NOW

• He's a time traveler who goes into a bunch of different zones, from space, to western, to caveman.
  • It's a game full of irreverent humor, including the legendary "butt rocket" and the awesome power of the "armpit canon".
  • He is the famed "naked warrior of antioch" fighting to free the people from oppression, or just steal everything when they aren't looking.
  • One young boy's journey to join the Tournament of Champions. He has to fight his way up the ladder, facing every stronger and larger enemies, but gets in some training between fights beating up defenseless drunks.
  • Set in mythical times, this tiny titan doesn't know he's the son of Hercules, but soon his earth-shattering strength will display itself for all to see...along with some underpants.
  • Out to impress a girl, our hero will take on any quest that pops into her fuzzy little head. But it seems that no matter how hard he tries, she's always hanging out with bigger, stronger, better-looking guys. He's sure that one more quest will do the trick, even if it means bringing back the horns of the seven-headed snotdragon.

:medieval: Battle on!

So happy!
I lol with "The Legendary Butt Rock". Very creative!

#8 orange08

orange08

Art Game Movement

• GMC Member
  • 2272 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:19 PM

AMPERSAND!!!!
Long time no see! D'loading now, can't wait to try it out.

Edit: Played it. I am sad that I cannot kill hobos. They drop blood but never die :(
The controls were good however, it worked pretty well.
One other thing that annoyed me was that the sword didn't even have a mask, enemies are only damaged if they run into the player while he's slashing. So, give the sword a mask please.
I would not make this an MMO, singleplayer dungeon crawler sounds good, I have had bad experience with online GM games, they're glitchy and not very fun to play especially if there's hackers or other people with slow internet.

-orange08

Edited by orange08, 19 April 2012 - 04:29 PM.

Z8vrE7W.png WRhLqHy.png
"I'm just glad Off-topic isn't being removed. Otherwise I risk actually doing something productive." -RoyTheShort

#9 Ampersand

Ampersand

Greatest boolean of all

• 796 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:51 PM

Thanks for the comments everyone! I like your ideas, especially the one about the princess.... It's a genius idea simply for having a reason for quests.

AMPERSAND!!!!
Long time no see! D'loading now, can't wait to try it out.

Edit: Played it. I am sad that I cannot kill hobos. They drop blood but never die :(
The controls were good however, it worked pretty well.
One other thing that annoyed me was that the sword didn't even have a mask, enemies are only damaged if they run into the player while he's slashing. So, give the sword a mask please.
I would not make this an MMO, singleplayer dungeon crawler sounds good, I have had bad experience with online GM games, they're glitchy and not very fun to play especially if there's hackers or other people with slow internet.

-orange08

Well I may release the newest version tomorrow or tonight, now there are zombies as well. And the enemies die. And the player can be hurt.

As for not making it an MMO, I somewhat agree. However, I may have a quick go at it and whip up a C++ server, just to see how it goes.

The sword does not have a mask, you are correct. However, it's not based on whether or not the enemy and the player are touching -- it's a collision_* check sequence that runs with the animation system, entirely handled by a few variables based on the weapons length and so on. I'll try to tinker with that and make it a bit more precise.

Be sure to check in sometime in the next few days, progress is being made :turned:

Posted Image
(0.1.6)

#10 Ampersand

Ampersand

Greatest boolean of all

• 796 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:51 AM

Update 0.1.2!

-Zombie to kill!
-You can die!
-Press R to restart game! (ik ik, but the respawn isn't done yet)

Download 0.1.2

I think I'm going to redo the damage system for the next update. To come:

-Damage calculation redone
-Resurrection
-Magic (dual wielding fireballs? yesplz)
-Something to actually do :biggrin:

Posted Image
(0.1.6)

#11 Ampersand

Ampersand

Greatest boolean of all

• 796 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:55 AM

0.1.3!

Now combat is more fleshed out and the damage engine is for all intents and purposes finished. There is also now an equipment and inventory that is quite shmexy. Also, the resolution has been scaled up to 640x480 to accommodate the HUD. Download up in the first post, or right here.

Enjoy! Feedback is appreciated :happy:

Edited by Ampersand, 25 April 2012 - 04:58 AM.

Posted Image
(0.1.6)

#12 Froodjakle

Froodjakle

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 246 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:35 PM

Not bad, not bad at all. This game has a lot of potential, although there are some things about it that feel very off to me.

-For starters, the hitboxes on your characters attacks feel very off. Am I correct in assuming he is only capable of hurting enemies during the first frame of his attack, and every frame after that is blank? If that's the case, I highly suggest changing it so the sword damages during the first several frames at least - you could set up a hitstun system so that enemies can't be damaged more than once per attack if you need to. As of now though, it's incredibly annoying to attack, only to have an enemy be just out of reach, and proceed to walk through your sword for the rest of it's animation.
-Why can't you move while you're holding down? Is it some unfinished animation for crouching or something? It makes climbing down ladders harder than it should be, and hurts the platforming flow at times too.
-Midair attacks would be very nice.
-I think you should retool the weapon in the jumping animation, have it be raised up higher than it is. It feels odd to have him holding his weapon so low, only to instantly jerk back to having it normal when he lands. I would either raise it a bit, or add in a frame or two of landing animations to ease it back to normal.
-This may just be personal preference, but I think the menu would be better off as click-hold-release dragging, not click-drag-click. An option to auto-equip stuff with the right mouse button would be appreciated, too.
-If you can, try putting the weapon behind the character while he's in the ladder climbing pose - It looks awkward to have it drawn in front of his body but behind his arm at that point. On that note, the weapon animation during ladder climbing could use some work too, it jerks around a lot.
-Jumping off ladders - It works just fine, except for the fact that it's disabled when holding Up. I suggest you remove that restraint, it kills the flow of platforming. Also, it would be nice if you could get on a ladder by holding down as well as up, assuming you're in midair when you try to anyway.
-Last thing, I'd suggest changing the direction coding so that it faces the direction of the button you press, instead of facing the direction of your movement speed. It's annoying to bump into an enemy and be turned around while you're trying to attack it. The lengthy hitstun on the player character prevents this from being a serious problem, but it would still be a good thing to fix.

Sorry if that looks like a lot of complaints; I always tend to list the elements of a game that need fixing instead of the positive points. I really do like this, though, and I hope you continue working on it. The animations look great for the most part, the graphics have a really nice cartoony flair to them, and the gameplay has plenty of potential as well. Keep up the good work!
-Frood

EDIT: One final thing I just noticed, the head in the upper left of the HUD seems to mess up in the last frame of the jumping animation - It randomly tilts back instead of forward.

Edited by Froodjakle, 25 April 2012 - 08:41 PM.

#13 Ampersand

Ampersand

Greatest boolean of all

• 796 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:24 AM

Thanks for all the feedback! Many of your points are things I have already noticed, but had ignored until now -- but since someone else noticed them, I may as well fix it. While a good chunk of the reason this project has taken me a while is that I'm lazy, a major part of it is in how variable-based the system is (graphics, positions, collisions, etc.), making things as easy to change as changing a number. So I'll take note of everything you said. And yes, that head-tilt thing... I honestly am not sure what causes it, but I haven't even looked into it. Shouldn't be a big deal.

Along with the things Froodjakle mentioned, I'm working on an item/looting system. The more I work on this, the more I want to keep from making it an online game. But I've enjoyed live-action fighting games in which there is an optional co-op play. I'm thinking about making it so in the footsteps of Wanderlust: Rebirth (GMC) and Castle Crashers (XBLA), in which you can optionally join in and out of games with friends. But perhaps a bit less level-based, maybe a little more like Fable 3, where you can jump into other players' worlds and interact with their world and play with them.

Thanks again everyone, back to work :biggrin:

Posted Image
(0.1.6)

#14 GamesRGud

GamesRGud

GMC Member

• 28 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:11 PM

I, personally perfer the click-drag-click inventory. But I guess it's just a matter of opinion.

Interested to see, how the shield mechanics will turn out. Having the abilitie to block is so much more fun then just getting extra defense.
Allso, the art style is great so far.

Oh, and.. get the poor guy some clothes allready.

#15 Ampersand

Ampersand

Greatest boolean of all

• 796 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:28 PM

Haha thanks, GamesRGud!

I too like the click-drag-click, but I changed it to click-drag-release and it's much more friendly to use.

Changes so far for the next version:
-Minimap!
-Less struggle with hitting the enemy after they knock you back!
-Parallax backgrounds that be lookin' gud! (look!)
-What was an animationless crouch (will soon become "resting", which will restore hp) is disabled, pressing down doesn't hang up platforming!
-Click-drag-release inventory!
-New, larger testing area!

To be added before next release:
-Better attack collisions!
--As of right now, attack collisions do only check during the first frame, and they check a collision_circle. I'm working on making a collision_line the length of the sword that follows through the entire animation.
-Item dropping/looting!
-More items! (At least, clothing and headgear)

Edited by Ampersand, 29 April 2012 - 07:32 PM.

Posted Image
(0.1.6)

#16 creators124

creators124

awesomeliciousmember

• GMC Member
  • 866 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:42 PM

please put an in-game help it bothers me to actually go back to the forums to look at the controls to actually play the game. Posted Image
it would be helpful to add that! Posted Image
question:
why does the player flash at the moment of spawning?
it freaked me out and I tough there was something wrong!Posted Image
EDIT:
HOW DO YOU MAKE PLATFORMS?!
I CANNOT FOR THE LIFE OF ME TO FIGURE IT OUT! :(

Edited by creators124, 29 April 2012 - 07:48 PM.

#17 Ampersand

Ampersand

Greatest boolean of all

• 796 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:39 PM

I'll add the controls to the F1 game info for those who want it. I'll probably add an in-game tutorial before it's finished anyways.

The flashing is invulnerability -- it happens when you spawn and when you are hurt, as to prevent you from taking loads of damage or from getting trapped by mobs.

I suppose you're talking about jumpthrough platforms, or "one-way" platforms as some people call them. Most people tend to do it an extremely complicated or unnecessary way, my pixel perfect method is as such:
for(i=0;i<abs(_vsp);i+=1)
{
    if !collision_line(x-_cl,y+_cb,x+_cr,y+_cb,par_solid,false,true) and _vsp>0 //if there isn't a collision along the bottom boundary of the player's mask, and the vspeed is greater than 0, move down
    {
        y+=1
    }
    else if collision_line(x-_cl,y+_cb,x+_cr,y+_cb,par_solid,false,true) and _vsp>0 //else if there is a collision, stop
    {
        _vsp=0
        break;
    }
    if !collision_line(x-_cl,y-_ct,x+_cr,y-_ct,obj_block,false,true) and _vsp<0 //if moving up and there's not a collision with a block, not a "one-way"
    {
        y-=1
    }
    else if collision_line(x-_cl,y-_ct,x+_cr,y-_ct,obj_block,false,true) and _vsp<0 //else if there is, stop
    {
        _vsp=0
        break;
    }
}
, where par_solid includes obj_block and obj_jumpthrough. Basically, you check for collision's with the jumpthrough only if you are above it and moving down. Hope that helps :biggrin:

Update with the aforementioned things sometime tonight...

Posted Image
(0.1.6)

#18 creators124

creators124

awesomeliciousmember

• GMC Member
  • 866 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:04 PM

looks like I'm lost in the platform part. :(
is there going to be another update?!

#19 Ampersand

Ampersand

Greatest boolean of all

• 796 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:19 PM

Mhmm! I only have item looting and dropping left to add, and then I'll release. But I'm off to town with my friends now, so it should be a few hours before the next update.

Posted Image
(0.1.6)

#20 Ampersand

Ampersand

Greatest boolean of all

• 796 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:48 PM

Sorry for the lack of an update as promised -- along with item looting and dropping, I decided to add stacking items... And it's being quite the pain. Update tonight, I hope.

Posted Image
(0.1.6)

#21 creators124

creators124

awesomeliciousmember

• GMC Member
  • 866 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:06 AM

Sorry for the lack of an update as promised -- along with item looting and dropping, I decided to add stacking items... And it's being quite the pain. Update tonight, I hope.

I understand, busy I can tell!Posted Image
sometimes computers can be mysterious!Posted ImagePosted Image

#22 SuperBlackMan

SuperBlackMan

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 189 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:13 AM

Okay So after reading the comments, and seeing the pictures, Im defiantely gonna play this game. I'll wait for the update first. Hopefully this is finished cuz I wanna do a review on it. They are most of the times funny.

Example of a Review

Cant wait to play the game man

#23 creators124

creators124

awesomeliciousmember

• GMC Member
  • 866 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:31 AM

Okay So after reading the comments, and seeing the pictures, Im defiantely gonna play this game. I'll wait for the update first. Hopefully this is finished cuz I wanna do a review on it. They are most of the times funny.

Example of a Review

Cant wait to play the game man

looks like this game has it's first video reviewer!Posted Image
is there going to be a update soon?!
I can't wait!!!Posted Image

#24 Ampersand

Ampersand

Greatest boolean of all

• 796 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:13 AM

Fantastic! I'd love a video review, but perhaps it'd be best to wait until I've added a bit more content.

In the meantime, 0.1.4:

-Minimap!
-Less struggle with hitting the enemy after they knock you back! (you can easily face back towards them)
-Parallax backgrounds that be lookin' gud! (look!)
-What was an animationless crouch (will soon become "resting", which will restore hp) is disabled, pressing down doesn't hang up platforming!
-Click-drag-release inventory!
-New, larger testing area!
-Better attack collisions! (frame by frame check of the weapons mask -- however each attack is still only lethal to the closest enemy in the direction you're facing that is hit by the weapon)
-Item dropping/looting! (S to loot, release an item outside the inventory and equipment to drop it)
-Health potions! (if hp<max, right click the potion in your inventory to heal yourself by 25 points)
-The character is still naked! (okay okay, so I was annoyed by the stacked items and as soon as I got it I decided to release the update :tongue: )

-Download 0.1.4-

EDIT:
Post 777, cool :rolleyes:

Edited by Ampersand, 01 May 2012 - 05:20 AM.

Posted Image
(0.1.6)

#25 creators124

creators124

awesomeliciousmember

• GMC Member
  • 866 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:11 AM

it is coming out nicely!
Wish you add an in-game help or tutorial!Posted Image

#26 Ampersand

Ampersand

Greatest boolean of all

• 796 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:38 PM

I will do so for the next version! Thank you.

Edit:
A few bugs I've noticed already:
-Dropping the sword and shield aren't working properly? Fixed
-Dropping of stacked items not working properly? Fixed
-Dropping of items when picked up from equipment not working propeprly? Not fixed :(

I will be releasing a fix for these bugs tonight, along with more gear.

Edited by Ampersand, 01 May 2012 - 12:52 PM.

Posted Image
(0.1.6)

#27 creators124

creators124

awesomeliciousmember

• GMC Member
  • 866 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:59 PM

this game will be more awesome, after it is done, to have a multiplayer feature. :D
also I didn't bother dropping my items since I had a lot of inventory. :P

#28 SuperBlackMan

SuperBlackMan

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 189 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:19 PM

Hey so so far its good. ummmm . . .

feedback: Collsion may be a little to close. I see the tip of the sword touch enemy. (lets say 10% of the sword) It just seems i have to be pretty close to hit the enemy

#29 GenoDoucette

GenoDoucette

g e n o d o

• GMC Member
  • 1008 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:18 PM

I'll edit this when I have a chance to play this.

ALWAYS >b3v6o7.jpg< ALWAYS

#30 creators124

creators124

awesomeliciousmember

• GMC Member
  • 866 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:23 PM

lol!
make the character flash slower at least that would freak me out less. :P
also think the sword should cause damage even if it hits from the tip!
QUESTION:
What happened to the naked hobos?!

#31 Ampersand

Ampersand

Greatest boolean of all

• 796 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:34 PM

Multiplayer is something I'd like to add to this game, however, I'm not sure to what extent. But it will hopefully happen.

I'll change the swords "length" a bit for the attack collision detection.

I'll make it flash slower!

The naked hobos are still there, just not in the test map. I'll throw some in, haha.

Minor update sometime tonight, give me suggestions on major things I should add next!

Posted Image
(0.1.6)

#32 creators124

creators124

awesomeliciousmember

• GMC Member
  • 866 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:02 AM

little menu that tells what the item does to help!Posted Image
and armor!
also what happens when you die?
because I just did! :P

#33 Ampersand

Ampersand

Greatest boolean of all

• 796 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:07 AM

Aforementioned things for the next update are completed, simply have to add gear and release! I will also add a tooltip in the inventory to see info on an item.

As of right now, nothing happens when you die, and you can't really respawn -- press the R key to restart. I will add a proper respawn soon! :biggrin:

Posted Image
(0.1.6)

#34 Ampersand

Ampersand

Greatest boolean of all

• 796 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:42 AM

Didn't add the tooltip yet, but it will for sure be in 0.1.6.

In the meantime, 0.1.5:
-Combat collision's are like, dead on. Like, if you want them any more pixelly perfect, gtfo
-Player flashes slower and more clearly when invulnerable
-Many minor tweaks
-Inventory/stacking bugs mentioned this morning are fixed
-Added a blue tunic and some boots! The code side of the graphics for body and feet is really cool, everything is far too organized into simple id structures to not make this game online... ;)
-The naked hobos are back, and stronger than ever!

-Download 0.1.5-

Posted Image
(0.1.6)

#35 creators124

creators124

awesomeliciousmember

• GMC Member
  • 866 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:33 PM

I DEMAND A STORY LINE!
I need more of a reason to fight all those naked hobos and well dressed zombies!

#36 IKSB

IKSB

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 564 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:00 AM

Veruh nice, sir. Veruh nice.

Graphics are light hearted and VERY well animated. The player's animation is just fantastic and the feel of the combat is fun and well programmed, despite its simplicity.

The game itself is very vague, but I'm assuming this is just because this is an alpha test of sorts. I didn't have the slightest clue what the mini shield things did, and when I died I sort of just sat there until I quit. Oh, well.

I don't know what you plan to do with this, but it seems very promising! Just don't get bogged down in the details and keep chugging ahead!
Posted Image

#37 creators124

creators124

awesomeliciousmember

• GMC Member
  • 866 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:06 AM

Veruh nice, sir. Veruh nice.

Graphics are light hearted and VERY well animated. The player's animation is just fantastic and the feel of the combat is fun and well programmed, despite its simplicity.

The game itself is very vague, but I'm assuming this is just because this is an alpha test of sorts. I didn't have the slightest clue what the mini shield things did, and when I died I sort of just sat there until I quit. Oh, well.

I don't know what you plan to do with this, but it seems very promising! Just don't get bogged down in the details and keep chugging ahead!

when you die you are supposed to press the "R" button to restart.

#38 billydoesitbest

billydoesitbest

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 445 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:11 AM

This is quite promising! It looks very good Ampersand!

#39 Myhijim

Myhijim

.-* The Flying Fox *-.

• GMC Member
  • 334 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:11 AM

Very well done Ampersand, Very well done indeed.

However i was slightly frustrated when i first entered the game at the lack of instruction, even a basic show_info() with controls would help alot. I absolutely LOVED the inventory system, it was very well laid out and the art is terrific!

The combat was smooth as were the animations and the HUD was very well done aswell.

A bit of constructive critisism (Which i do not have much of) is the almost instant respawn of some of the zombies got quite annoying and the hitboxes seem still slightly off.

This game has alot of potential, and i for one cannot wait for the next update!
Myhi
Did i help you out? Your welcome, tell me if you need anything else.

If you want to return the favour?

If you really want to help ME out and are good at one of them just take a look at one of these topics and/or post
Help My Graphics!
Help My Thinking!
Help My Sound!

Want to join my team? We will not only develop my ideas, but we will work on yours too! Your oppinion is the most important thing in the team.http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=523017&st=0&p=3853493&fromsearch=1&#entry3853493

#40 Ampersand

Ampersand

Greatest boolean of all

• 796 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:55 PM

You're right, collision hitboxes were still off -- stupid me was using the width of the entire image to calculate combat hits instead of just the bounded part of the image like it should have been. That is fixed. Tooltips for the inventory and the equipment have been added as well. So,

-Download 0.1.5.1-

Feedback is appreciated!

It seems at this point that I have most of the basic engine completed -- anything added from this point on simply requires a bit of graphics and a bit of variables and it's good to go. The player combat, movement, etc. are finished. I also just got a dedicated computer with a 3ghz dual core and 8gb of RAM for the server. It's hardwired to my modem, and it gets a fantastic connection speed, so I'm hoping it will do for a server. Tonight after work I think will begin on adding multiplayer! :thumbsup:

Posted Image
(0.1.6)

#41 creators124

creators124

awesomeliciousmember

• GMC Member
  • 866 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:43 PM

You're right, collision hitboxes were still off -- stupid me was using the width of the entire image to calculate combat hits instead of just the bounded part of the image like it should have been. That is fixed. Tooltips for the inventory and the equipment have been added as well. So,

-Download 0.1.5.1-

Feedback is appreciated!

It seems at this point that I have most of the basic engine completed -- anything added from this point on simply requires a bit of graphics and a bit of variables and it's good to go. The player combat, movement, etc. are finished. I also just got a dedicated computer with a 3ghz dual core and 8gb of RAM for the server. It's hardwired to my modem, and it gets a fantastic connection speed, so I'm hoping it will do for a server. Tonight after work I think will begin on adding multiplayer! :thumbsup:

Yes hosting an interconnected server is an awesome idea!
as long as the game becomes a flash.(unless you can't do that) :(
but I think having it will make it more awesome!(down sides to swords will be good and more swords)

#42 Myhijim

Myhijim

.-* The Flying Fox *-.

• GMC Member
  • 334 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:54 PM

Could you also make the jump key up?

I like the new tooltip idea, and i love the way it fades in but i have absolutly no idea how you coded it :biggrin:

Good job, cant wait till multiplayer
Did i help you out? Your welcome, tell me if you need anything else.

If you want to return the favour?

If you really want to help ME out and are good at one of them just take a look at one of these topics and/or post
Help My Graphics!
Help My Thinking!
Help My Sound!

Want to join my team? We will not only develop my ideas, but we will work on yours too! Your oppinion is the most important thing in the team.http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=523017&st=0&p=3853493&fromsearch=1&#entry3853493

#43 Ampersand

Ampersand

Greatest boolean of all

• 796 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:03 AM

Lots of new things, some of which are behind the scenes and some of which are quite obvious:

-Character creation and login is being worked on for multiplayer.
-Bonuses have been redone, and now any item can give a bonus to either Soul (attack), Body (defense), or Mind (magick), as well as other stats. This will allow for wands that can be used for melee, but are primarily to give bonuses to magick, or items that add defense, attack power, or even character speed. Basically, anything I want :)
-New tunics that give bonuses to different things.
-Zombies now drop loot, including monies and a new weapon!
-New weapon: Broadsword. Offers solid damage and a powerful knockback, but a shorter range.
-Ladders are smoother.
-Minor graphical sexiness updates.
-Stats/character info when the HUD menu is open.
-Functional XP bar and leveling system -- however, enemies don't reward the player with XP yet. There's no purpose to it until I add stat points and stat increases.
-More!

-Download 0.1.6-

I'm planning on multiplayer sometime this week -- perhaps as early as Tuesday or as late as next weekend. It depends on what I come up with to add prior to multiplayer integration.

To be added:
-Skills! This will include at the least a spell to make use of the Mind stat and a blocking skill to make use of secondary shields.
-More gear! In particular, hobos will soon rarely drop their paper bag hat! Also, amulets will be included in the next update.
-Interesting secondary items: I have many ideas, but one in particular is a feather that will be gathered from a new mob ;) It will be equipped in the secondary slot to make the player run a bit faster and jump a bit higher.
-Custom loading bar and icon -- I'm getting sick of the default GM ones.

Enjoy! :thumbsup:

EDIT:
I'm getting sick of playing on the keyboard, so I'm going to add Wiimote support using SWiiX R3. The only thing players will need to make use of this will be a Wiimote, a Blutooth dongle, and the ability to connect your Wiimote to your computer. Not sure how soon this will happen, but hopefully soon. Also, if I can find my USB gamepad I'll add standard gamepad support as well.

Edited by Ampersand, 08 May 2012 - 05:16 AM.

Posted Image
(0.1.6)

#44 creators124

creators124

awesomeliciousmember

• GMC Member
  • 866 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:09 AM

Lots of new things, some of which are behind the scenes and some of which are quite obvious:

-Character creation and login is being worked on for multiplayer.
-Bonuses have been redone, and now any item can give a bonus to either Soul (attack), Body (defense), or Mind (magick), as well as other stats. This will allow for wands that can be used for melee, but are primarily to give bonuses to magick, or items that add defense, attack power, or even character speed. Basically, anything I want :)
-New tunics that give bonuses to different things.
-Zombies now drop loot, including monies and a new weapon!
-New weapon: Broadsword. Offers solid damage and a powerful knockback, but a shorter range.
-Ladders are smoother.
-Minor graphical sexiness updates.
-Stats/character info when the HUD menu is open.
-More!

-Download 0.1.6-

I'm planning on multiplayer sometime this week -- perhaps as early as Tuesday or as late as next weekend. It depends on what I come up with to add prior to multiplayer integration.

To be added:
-Skills! This will include at the least a spell to make use of the Mind stat and a blocking skill to make use of secondary shields.
-More gear! In particular, hobos will soon rarely drop their paper bag hat! Also, amulets will be included in the next update.
-Interesting secondary items: I have many ideas, but one in particular is a feather that will be gathered from a new mob ;) It will be equipped in the secondary slot to make the player run a bit faster and jump a bit higher.

Enjoy! :thumbsup:

YAY!
looks like you need to change your sig again!
also I'll like to play with you online once it comes out!
downloading now!
EDIT:
I played it and it was an amazing experience with the movements, except for the part were the zombies appeared rapidly without warning. :(
I bet once it is done it will have offline levels and online player battles! Posted Image

Edited by creators124, 07 May 2012 - 06:20 AM.

#45 Ampersand

Ampersand

Greatest boolean of all

• 796 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:40 PM

An update on what's going on with this game -- updates have been put on hiatus until a playable online engine is ready to release. Technically, I am already to this point, but I don't want to release it until all the online has been added. So far, player movement, outfits, chatting, connecting, logging in, and registering have been finished. To be added is synced enemies, items, bosses, and trading before I release anything. The server computer is setup and runs quite quickly. I will release a closed beta sometime this month -- anyone interested ought to post here now to get first dibs. Beta testers will also get first dibs on moderating positions.

Finished for the Beta:
-Character Creation and Registration
-Logging In
-Smooth Online Movement
-Chatting
-Gear
To be added for the Beta:
-Online Items and Enemies
-Bosses
-Trading
-Classes
To be added after the release of the Beta:
-Parties
-Quests and Party Quests
-Storyline and Class Progression

Look forward to it, my friends :thumbsup:

Posted Image
(0.1.6)

#46 Phosfor

Phosfor

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:26 PM

I love it ! ::lmao::

But we can double items just to drag and drop it ? LOLWUT

#47 Venomous

Venomous

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1626 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:42 PM

Great job on this so far. :thumbsup:
Playing online sounds awesome.

#48 Ampersand

Ampersand

Greatest boolean of all

• 796 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:45 AM

Thanks for the compliments guys!

Phosfor: I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean. Is there a glitch in the inventory? I'm unable to find any. If you could tell me how to replicate this, that would be fantastic.

Posted Image
(0.1.6)

#49 GamesRGud

GamesRGud

GMC Member

• 28 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:34 AM

I have just played the latest version, and I have found the bug Phosfor was talking about. It happens, when you are switching equipment. E.G. I had two swords, one equiped, and one in the inventory. I took the sword form the inventory, and dragged and dropped it to equip. Now, the previousley equiped sword is held by mouse, and a copy of it appears in the inventory.

Now, I have 20 blue tunics to give to the poor hobos.

EDIT: and allso, if you need some music composed, I just might be able to help.

Edited by GamesRGud, 10 June 2012 - 08:56 AM.

#50 Ampersand

Ampersand

Greatest boolean of all

• 796 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:57 PM

Ahh I see now. Fixed! I've not noticed that until now because I always tend to speed-equip by right clicking.

Also, the multiplayer demo will be out in the next few days hopefully.

Posted Image
(0.1.6)