• GMC Member
  • 5277 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:17 AM

Posted Image

GMC Jam Nº6

(The Spring Jam)

THEME: TRANQUILITY

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner of the Jam!!!

Congratulations!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Well done to all who participated and congratulations go to the top three who all thoroughly deserve their places!

Theme Chosen By True Valhalla
Handicap Chosen By Ziggler1

Include one or more achievements to unlock within your game, separate from the main goal or objective.

GMC Jam ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ Chat

(thanks to Zeddidragon)

The GMCJam CountDown Clock

(Created By ShadowLink)

The GMC jam is now more than a year old now, cementing its place as a tradition on our beloved forum. You'll tell tales of this event for years to come! Join the GMC Jam #6 on Saturday 28th April through Monday 30th for 72 hours of game development awesomeness. There will be prizes, awards, and lots of girls. So join us!

WHAT IS IT?

The Jam is a community event that we organise to encourage people to experiment with GM and make something that will be interesting or entertaining within the limited timescale of 72 hours.

WHEN IS IT?

• Starts Saturday 28th April
  • 72 hours long from 00:01 AM GMT Saturday 28th ...to... 23:59 PM GMT Monday 30th

THEME

• Each Jam has a theme, and participants are encouraged to use it!
  • This Jam has a handicap too and you are also encouraged to use it!
  • Using the theme is NOT obligatory, nor is using the handicap, but using either will be valued when voting and using BOTH gets extra Kudos!!!
  • To encourage use of theme, the highest-voted theme-based game gets to choose the theme for next Jam.
  • The theme will not be revealed until just before the start of the Jam to prevent any advantages.

VOTING

• All games are eligible (themed and non-themed and with or without handicap), but voters should take "use of theme" into account. (Remember: non-theme games can win, but they CANNOT pick the next Jam's theme. see above.)
  • Voters choose 1st, 2nd and 3rd place as well as three special votes to "Best use of theme", "Best Presentation/polish", and the "Best Devblog".
  • It is OBLIGATORY that when voting you leave feedback about WHY you voted for the game(s) you chose. Failure to do so will result in your votes being removed.
  • A special "Best Reviewer" prize will be awarded by Nocturne to the person that writes the best review (or reviews) in their voting post.
  • In order to encourage friendly community spirit, we ask that members not vote for their own game and please refrain from asking friends/family to do so if they are not part of this community. Or chance will sarcasm them to death...
  • Any form of cheating will result in the instant removal of your game from the Jam and being blacklisted for all further community events

PARTICIPATING

• All games must be original creations specifically for the Jam, but you may use whatever resources you wish : EG. dll, scripts, sprites and sounds etc etc etc...
  • You may submit as many games as you wish, but only the highest rated game in the final vote will be elligible for winning any prizes.
  • Games must be posted in the Official Games Topic before the finish deadline for the Jam, and posting a topic in the Games forum here at the GMC is recommended if you want feedback and opinions as the Games Topic is ONLY FOR POSTING GAMES. Hosting is up to the individual user.
  • The Official Games Topic must contain a link to your game and a short description.
  • HTML5 Games are permitted, BUT MUST HAVE DOWNLOADABLE .EXE VERSION posted in the Official Games Topic.
  • People are welcome to use any outside sites, and are also welcome to promote such sites, but the posting of topics and the voting will be done on the GMC.
  • Teams are encouraged and can be organised by you with whomever you wish or you can participate in a random team (see below for more details)

OFFICIAL PRIZES

• The Community Prize will be as before... A special graphic/banner, bragging rights and (if your game is a themed game) the possibility of choosing the next Jam theme.
  • Prizes will also be offered as members of the community contribute whatever the feel appropriate. EG: Coverage on their web site, custom graphics for the game, a video of the gameplay for YouTube... Whatever

ADDITIONAL PRIZES

These are prizes kindly and very generously offered to us by GMC members. Donate your time/experience/whatever to this community endeavor! If you wish to add a community prize (web hosting, game reviews, advertising etc...) please post in this topic and I or Nocturne will PM you.

Current prize pool value: $420

• True Valhalla - Will give USD $50 to his favorite themed game which includes the handicap. Additionally, he will give USD $25 to the person who does the best reviews of ALL the games, in his opinion. PayPal or bank transfer only. Total value: $75.
  • Dangerous_Dave - Games on Steam! 4th place "Portal 2", 5th place "Super Meat Boy", 6th place "Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West". Total value: $45.
  • NAL - Games on Steam! 28th place "GTA Complete Collection" * or "alpha code for Minecraft" *. Same for 15th place. Details here. Total value: $60.
  • GameDevDan - iTunes gift apps! 1st, 2nd and 3rd place shall all be gifted 5 Apps of his choosing *. Details here. Total value: $15.
  • ugriffin - 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, and last place winners of this Jam will get a free copy of You Still Won't Make It, and 1st place and middle place will also get a copy of Vetra Game's uber-top-secret title. Details here.
  • beatson - 3 months of advertising on cryset.com each for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. Plus, $25 for 1st place, $15 for 2nd place, and $10 for 3rd place via their CrySet account or PayPal. Winners should PM beatson. Total value: $95.
  • FredFredrickson - Games on Steam! Best Use of Theme - Legend of Grimrock, Best Presentation - Swords & Sworcery, Best Devblog - Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet. Total value: $30.
  • orange08 - Will write a poem for his favorite entry.
  • makerofthegames - 1st place gets a video based off of their game. 11th place gets their game referenced in the video. All places that have two or more winners above 11th place also get their game referenced in the video.
  • snail man - Will draw a piece of fanart inspired by the bottom non-tied game.
  • IceMetalPunk - Will write a poem about the top three winners and make them banners, plus a limerick for the game that's the unique last place
  • Dadio - Offers a lovingly crafted "badge/cup things" as banners for Teh Winnars and the overall winner shall be immortalised in SpudZombies (a SpudZombie created in the likeness of Teh Winnar will be featured in the game)!!
  • Docopoper - Will personally post a picture of a wooden spoon in the 2nd place game's topic.
  • connor4312 - Will make an original websites of awesomeness for the creator of his favorite game, to be completed within a month . Total value: $40
  • Yal - Offers platformer tilesets with sixteen 16x16 tiles to the three last-place 2D platformer games that get at least one vote. ie : in a list of how the 2D platform games ranked, with all games that got no votes removed from the list, the bottom 3 games would win this. If the list would contain less than 3 platform games after that, all games on the list will win.
  • RpGJuNki3 - USD $50 to the game with the best graphics, judged by True Valhalla (due to personal restrictions). PayPal only. Total value: $50
  • HayManMarc - USD $10 (PayPal only) and a custom logo to the overall winner. Also will write a poem in the spirit of Dr. Seuss for 21st place. Total value: $10
  • TheUltimate - Will make banners for his top 3 favorite games.
  • theg721 - Will make a set of 16 tiles for first place, 8 for second place, 4 for third. Will make 2 pieces of music for first place, 1 for second place.
  • Joe H - Offers a spot on the Iup Bundle bonus games list to the winner.
  • Zeddidragon - Offers a cameo in Nea's Bigger Adventure: Adventure Harder to one participant in seventh place. If there are several of these (pretty likely), it's first-come only-serve.
  • Simaster48 - If someone manages to take the 48th place alone, he will willingly spend one whole weekend putting together the whole story/script/design for one of their games.
    If they decline the offer or the criteria isn't met, then he might just put up something small for the heck of it!

To conclude, and again steal from Nocturne: "Remember everyone, the aim of the Jam is not to win, but to participate, experiment, and have as much fun as possible!"

We're looking for lots of community prizes this time, so use your imagination and contribute to the GMC Jam #6 :)

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A TEAM MATE OR WISH TO BE PART OF A RANDOM TEAM PM TRUE VALHALLA OR NOCTURNE AND YOUR NAME WILL BE ADDED TO THE LISTS BELOW :

Looking For A Team :

Ysmor - programmer
Simaster48 - writer/co-designer

PS: The guys over at 64Digits are hosting an RPG competition right after this Jam ends :
Posted Image

So if you are all thirsting for something more to get those creative juices running, you could do a lot worse than click the image above which will take you to their site where you can read all about the rules and things...

Updated by True Valhalla and Nocturne

#2 D1g1talAli3n

D1g1talAli3n

BoyGenius

• GMC Member
  • 965 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:23 AM

Cool! maybe I'll join this time!

#3 TerraFriedSheep

TerraFriedSheep

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3136 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:26 AM

There's a slim chance that I'll be able to enter, which is actually increased by the fact I really want to enter! Hopefully the restriction is you're only allowed to spend 1 hour on your game, or something like that :P

#4 AhmedElyamani

AhmedElyamani

Yamani

• GMC Member
  • 1897 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:33 AM

i really love joining , but sadly i have exams this time, i'll probably not be able to join Posted Image .
by the way ,congratulations for being A moderator , True valhalla , i only noticed it now Posted Image

Edit: my English skills are not enough to figure out this theme Posted Image
Ahmed.

Edited by ahmed # elyamani, 16 April 2012 - 08:37 AM.

#5 True Valhalla

True Valhalla

ಠ_ಠ

• GMC Member
  • 5277 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:33 AM

There's a slim chance that I'll be able to enter, which is actually increased by the fact I really want to enter! Hopefully the restriction is you're only allowed to spend 1 hour on your game, or something like that :P

The handicap is not what I expected actually...it should produce some interesting results!

by the way ,congratulations for being A moderator , True valhalla , i only noticed it now Posted Image

#6 RedOctober

RedOctober

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 117 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:43 AM

I'll be joining. :)

#7 D1g1talAli3n

D1g1talAli3n

BoyGenius

• GMC Member
  • 965 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:59 AM

Can you give us a hint on what the handicap is? :tongue:

Edited by D1g1talAli3n, 16 April 2012 - 08:59 AM.

#8 True Valhalla

True Valhalla

ಠ_ಠ

• GMC Member
  • 5277 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:02 AM

Can you give us a hint on what the handicap is? :tongue:

I'm not sure if I can without giving it away unfortunately. Don't worry, it's not going to make your life impossible or anything :P

#9 creativebunch

creativebunch

The Bunchiest

• GMC Member
  • 893 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:11 AM

Ooh a handicap! My life is full of those so I'll definitely enter this one. Now comes the insomnia from guessing the theme.

#10 True Valhalla

True Valhalla

ಠ_ಠ

• GMC Member
  • 5277 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:13 AM

Now comes the insomnia from guessing the theme.

Or not guessing it! It's a long one so I have plenty of letters to keep me entertained :)

#11 AhmedElyamani

AhmedElyamani

Yamani

• GMC Member
  • 1897 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:21 AM

hmm.. can i say .. " interaction " Posted Image

#12 creativebunch

creativebunch

The Bunchiest

• GMC Member
  • 893 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:27 AM

Now comes the insomnia from guessing the theme.

Or not guessing it! It's a long one so I have plenty of letters to keep me entertained :)

I have nothing in my life if not guessing the theme :unsure: And I have 2382 words to keep me entertained :thumbsup:

*removes 'interaction'*

Edited by creativebunch, 16 April 2012 - 09:31 AM.

#13 True Valhalla

True Valhalla

ಠ_ಠ

• GMC Member
  • 5277 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:28 AM

hmm.. can i say .. " interaction " Posted Image

You can say it, but it's wrong!

#14 Cakefish

Cakefish

I Shot The Sheriff

• GMC Member
  • 1468 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:36 AM

More than 2000 words found in this wordlist when searching for --------i--

Good luck with the guessing game!

As for me, I have exams on the 30th, 1st, 2nd and 9th so this a no-go for me this time around - AGAIN! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#15 Simaster48

Simaster48

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 166 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:39 AM

Dunno if I will be free or not to participate, but I'd definately like to join a team as writer / co-designer.
Guess I'm a bit early though :turned:

Edited by Simaster48, 16 April 2012 - 09:42 AM.

#16 NAL

NAL

凸ʕಠᴥಠʔ凸

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 801 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:48 AM

The last four letters are either TION or SION, right? :)

#17 True Valhalla

True Valhalla

ಠ_ಠ

• GMC Member
  • 5277 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:51 AM

The last four letters are either TION or SION, right? :)

Maybe...

Spoiler

#18 Cakefish

Cakefish

I Shot The Sheriff

• GMC Member
  • 1468 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:59 AM

It could also be --------IES

#19 True Valhalla

True Valhalla

ಠ_ಠ

• GMC Member
  • 5277 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:03 AM

Dangerous_Dave has added a community prize: Games on Steam! 1st place "Portal 2", 2nd place "Super Meat Boy", 3rd place "Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West". Total value: $45.

Awesome prize, thank you!

#20 ziggler1

ziggler1

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 362 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:33 AM

Mmmmm... fresh Jam topic smell. Yep! I'll join in for this round.

#21 NAL

NAL

凸ʕಠᴥಠʔ凸

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 801 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:42 AM

In honour of my poor result last Jam, by the way, if one person* exclusively comes in 28th place, I will gift them Grand Theft Auto Complete Collection** on Steam OR an Alpha code of Minecraft (that is, an earlier code that is guaranteed all the free updates, before Beta removed that clause - it's still a full copy).

I'll do the same if one person exclusively comes in 15th place, because I like the number 15!

*that is, one entrant. One code will be provided so if a team comes 28th they can fight for the death for it or somethin'
**Includes: Grand Theft Auto, GTA2, GTAIII, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, GTAIV and GTA: Episodes from Liberty City.

Edited by NAL, 16 April 2012 - 10:42 AM.

#22 True Valhalla

True Valhalla

ಠ_ಠ

• GMC Member
  • 5277 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:47 AM

In honour of my poor result last Jam, by the way, if one person* exclusively comes in 28th place, I will gift them Grand Theft Auto Complete Collection** on Steam OR an Alpha code of Minecraft (that is, an earlier code that is guaranteed all the free updates, before Beta removed that clause - it's still a full copy).

I'll do the same if one person exclusively comes in 15th place, because I like the number 15!

*that is, one entrant. One code will be provided so if a team comes 28th they can fight for the death for it or somethin'
**Includes: Grand Theft Auto, GTA2, GTAIII, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, GTAIV and GTA: Episodes from Liberty City.

Excellent, I'll update the post! Let me know if I misinterpret at all. Thanks for the prize!

#23 ugriffin

ugriffin

Idiot

• Global Moderators
  • 1583 posts
  • Version:Mac

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:47 AM

Damn you NAL, and here I though entering to win would be the wise thing... :'(

Consider me in! Long time since I've been in a jam. :)

#24 NAL

NAL

凸ʕಠᴥಠʔ凸

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 801 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:50 AM

Damn you NAL, and here I though entering to win would be the wise thing... :'(

"the aim of the Jam is not to win, but to participate, experiment, and have as much fun as possible!"

...is not a mantra that many people are going to pay attention to if all of the loot is given to the top places :P

#25 TerraFriedSheep

TerraFriedSheep

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3136 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

"the aim of the Jam is not to win, but to participate, experiment, and have as much fun as possible!"

...is not a mantra that many people are going to pay attention to if all of the loot is given to the top places :P

I like you're thinking!

Already some great community prizes on offer, I anticipate a good turnout, despite it being exam season!

#26 True Valhalla

True Valhalla

ಠ_ಠ

• GMC Member
  • 5277 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:04 PM

GameDevDan has added a community prize - iTunes gift apps! 1st, 2nd and 3rd place shall all be gifted 5 Apps on iTunes store: Tiny Wings, Siege Hero, Karoshi, They Need to Be Fed and Froad. Total value: $15.

1st, 2nd and 3rd place shall all be gifted the following 5 Apps on iTunes store:

Posted Image

Tiny Wings, Siege Hero, Karoshi, They Need to Be Fed and Froad.

Info & Conditions

If any of the people who finish in 1st, 2nd or 3rd place do not have an iOS device or an
iTunes store account; I'm very sorry but you won't be able to claim the prize. I'll make you
a banner or something instead if you like. I will not be giving out any actual money to the value
of this prize. (sorry).

If you do have an iOS device but you have already purchased any of the apps being given away,
I'm up for gifting you Apps of your choice (up to the total original cost of the 5 apps: £3.45 / $4.95)

If any of the prize winning games are created by a team, only one member of the team
will receive the prize (or you can split the Apps between you or whatever).

Thanks Dan!

#27 RekNepZ

RekNepZ

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 335 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

I'll probably enter.

I don't have an iPhone or anything like that, so the apps would be worthless to me. I already have Minecraft and I'm not interested in GTA so that's worthless to me too. I don't have a PayPal account either so that may be difficult as well :confused:
I probably won't win anyway though.

#28 True Valhalla

True Valhalla

ಠ_ಠ

• GMC Member
  • 5277 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:56 PM

Luckily it's not about the prizes then! Enter for the fun experience, think of the prizes as a bonus. Plus, there's lots more to come!

#29 ugriffin

ugriffin

Idiot

• Global Moderators
  • 1583 posts
  • Version:Mac

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:02 PM

Alrighty, I'll add some prizes myself, as part of Vetra Games.

The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, and last place winners of this Jam will get a free copy of You Still Won't Make It, by Vetra Games, for PC or Mac, once it is released.

The 1st place and middle place (e.g. the mathematical middle of the rankings) winner will also get a free copy of Vetra Game's uber-top-secret title (not listed anywhere on the site, but it's prolly the most exciting project yet), for iOS only. Bear in mind that, like YSWMI, you'll get this when it is released, and that release depends on GM:Studio being released.

Game only prizes, no cash rebates or anything else other than the games provided. If you don't own the device on which a game runs then you don't get the title, simple (sorry hehe). Only one copy per team. Last place as well as middle place will be determined by rounding to the highest possible qualifier (so basically, last is considered the game with the most votes amongst those with the least votes, same with middle place).

#30 orange08

orange08

Art Game Movement

• GMC Member
  • 2247 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:13 PM

I am definitely entering this time around. BUT THAT THEME BETTER BE GOOD, TV
Posted Image

Edited by orange08, 16 April 2012 - 01:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users