GMC Jam Nº6
(The Spring Jam)
Yes, ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner of the Jam!!!
Well done to all who participated and congratulations go to the top three who all thoroughly deserve their places!Theme Chosen By True Valhalla
Handicap Chosen By Ziggler1
Include one or more achievements to unlock within your game, separate from the main goal or objective.
(thanks to Zeddidragon)
(Created By ShadowLink)
The GMC jam is now more than a year old now, cementing its place as a tradition on our beloved forum. You'll tell tales of this event for years to come! Join the GMC Jam #6 on Saturday 28th April through Monday 30th for 72 hours of game development awesomeness. There will be prizes, awards, and lots of girls. So join us!
WHAT IS IT?
The Jam is a community event that we organise to encourage people to experiment with GM and make something that will be interesting or entertaining within the limited timescale of 72 hours.
WHEN IS IT?
- Starts Saturday 28th April
- 72 hours long from 00:01 AM GMT Saturday 28th ...to... 23:59 PM GMT Monday 30th
- Each Jam has a theme, and participants are encouraged to use it!
- This Jam has a handicap too and you are also encouraged to use it!
- Using the theme is NOT obligatory, nor is using the handicap, but using either will be valued when voting and using BOTH gets extra Kudos!!!
- To encourage use of theme, the highest-voted theme-based game gets to choose the theme for next Jam.
- The theme will not be revealed until just before the start of the Jam to prevent any advantages.
- All games are eligible (themed and non-themed and with or without handicap), but voters should take "use of theme" into account. (Remember: non-theme games can win, but they CANNOT pick the next Jam's theme. see above.)
- Voters choose 1st, 2nd and 3rd place as well as three special votes to "Best use of theme", "Best Presentation/polish", and the "Best Devblog".
- It is OBLIGATORY that when voting you leave feedback about WHY you voted for the game(s) you chose. Failure to do so will result in your votes being removed.
- A special "Best Reviewer" prize will be awarded by Nocturne to the person that writes the best review (or reviews) in their voting post.
- In order to encourage friendly community spirit, we ask that members not vote for their own game and please refrain from asking friends/family to do so if they are not part of this community. Or chance will sarcasm them to death...
- Any form of cheating will result in the instant removal of your game from the Jam and being blacklisted for all further community events
- All games must be original creations specifically for the Jam, but you may use whatever resources you wish : EG. dll, scripts, sprites and sounds etc etc etc...
- You may submit as many games as you wish, but only the highest rated game in the final vote will be elligible for winning any prizes.
- Games must be posted in the Official Games Topic before the finish deadline for the Jam, and posting a topic in the Games forum here at the GMC is recommended if you want feedback and opinions as the Games Topic is ONLY FOR POSTING GAMES. Hosting is up to the individual user.
- The Official Games Topic must contain a link to your game and a short description.
- HTML5 Games are permitted, BUT MUST HAVE DOWNLOADABLE .EXE VERSION posted in the Official Games Topic.
- People are welcome to use any outside sites, and are also welcome to promote such sites, but the posting of topics and the voting will be done on the GMC.
- Teams are encouraged and can be organised by you with whomever you wish or you can participate in a random team (see below for more details)
- The Community Prize will be as before... A special graphic/banner, bragging rights and (if your game is a themed game) the possibility of choosing the next Jam theme.
- Prizes will also be offered as members of the community contribute whatever the feel appropriate. EG: Coverage on their web site, custom graphics for the game, a video of the gameplay for YouTube... Whatever
These are prizes kindly and very generously offered to us by GMC members. Donate your time/experience/whatever to this community endeavor! If you wish to add a community prize (web hosting, game reviews, advertising etc...) please post in this topic and I or Nocturne will PM you.
Current prize pool value: $420
- True Valhalla - Will give USD $50 to his favorite themed game which includes the handicap. Additionally, he will give USD $25 to the person who does the best reviews of ALL the games, in his opinion. PayPal or bank transfer only. Total value: $75.
- Dangerous_Dave - Games on Steam! 4th place "Portal 2", 5th place "Super Meat Boy", 6th place "Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West". Total value: $45.
- NAL - Games on Steam! 28th place "GTA Complete Collection" * or "alpha code for Minecraft" *. Same for 15th place. Details here. Total value: $60.
- GameDevDan - iTunes gift apps! 1st, 2nd and 3rd place shall all be gifted 5 Apps of his choosing *. Details here. Total value: $15.
- ugriffin - 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, and last place winners of this Jam will get a free copy of You Still Won't Make It, and 1st place and middle place will also get a copy of Vetra Game's uber-top-secret title. Details here.
- beatson - 3 months of advertising on cryset.com each for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. Plus, $25 for 1st place, $15 for 2nd place, and $10 for 3rd place via their CrySet account or PayPal. Winners should PM beatson. Total value: $95.
- FredFredrickson - Games on Steam! Best Use of Theme - Legend of Grimrock, Best Presentation - Swords & Sworcery, Best Devblog - Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet. Total value: $30.
- orange08 - Will write a poem for his favorite entry.
- makerofthegames - 1st place gets a video based off of their game. 11th place gets their game referenced in the video. All places that have two or more winners above 11th place also get their game referenced in the video.
- snail man - Will draw a piece of fanart inspired by the bottom non-tied game.
- IceMetalPunk - Will write a poem about the top three winners and make them banners, plus a limerick for the game that's the unique last place
- Dadio - Offers a lovingly crafted "badge/cup things" as banners for Teh Winnars and the overall winner shall be immortalised in SpudZombies (a SpudZombie created in the likeness of Teh Winnar will be featured in the game)!!
- Docopoper - Will personally post a picture of a wooden spoon in the 2nd place game's topic.
- connor4312 - Will make an original websites of awesomeness for the creator of his favorite game, to be completed within a month . Total value: $40
- Yal - Offers platformer tilesets with sixteen 16x16 tiles to the three last-place 2D platformer games that get at least one vote. ie : in a list of how the 2D platform games ranked, with all games that got no votes removed from the list, the bottom 3 games would win this. If the list would contain less than 3 platform games after that, all games on the list will win.
- RpGJuNki3 - USD $50 to the game with the best graphics, judged by True Valhalla (due to personal restrictions). PayPal only. Total value: $50
- HayManMarc - USD $10 (PayPal only) and a custom logo to the overall winner. Also will write a poem in the spirit of Dr. Seuss for 21st place. Total value: $10
- TheUltimate - Will make banners for his top 3 favorite games.
- theg721 - Will make a set of 16 tiles for first place, 8 for second place, 4 for third. Will make 2 pieces of music for first place, 1 for second place.
- Joe H - Offers a spot on the Iup Bundle bonus games list to the winner.
- Zeddidragon - Offers a cameo in Nea's Bigger Adventure: Adventure Harder to one participant in seventh place. If there are several of these (pretty likely), it's first-come only-serve.
- Simaster48 - If someone manages to take the 48th place alone, he will willingly spend one whole weekend putting together the whole story/script/design for one of their games.
If they decline the offer or the criteria isn't met, then he might just put up something small for the heck of it!
To conclude, and again steal from Nocturne: "Remember everyone, the aim of the Jam is not to win, but to participate, experiment, and have as much fun as possible!"
We're looking for lots of community prizes this time, so use your imagination and contribute to the GMC Jam #6
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A TEAM MATE OR WISH TO BE PART OF A RANDOM TEAM PM TRUE VALHALLA OR NOCTURNE AND YOUR NAME WILL BE ADDED TO THE LISTS BELOW :
Looking For A Team :
Ysmor - programmer
Simaster48 - writer/co-designer
PS: The guys over at 64Digits are hosting an RPG competition right after this Jam ends :
So if you are all thirsting for something more to get those creative juices running, you could do a lot worse than click the image above which will take you to their site where you can read all about the rules and things...
Updated by True Valhalla and Nocturne