7 replies to this topic

#1 stoneyftw

stoneyftw

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 112 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:03 AM

Hey friends, here's a game that I'm nearing completion of. Its a tile matching game that I'm making for my son. Please let me know what you guys think.

Also, if anyone COULD look at my code, there are two things that I can use help on, the latter being of utmost importance.

1. There's some long sections in the step code of object_start_game, that are pretty much just copy and paste sections. I couldn't figure out how to make them work without the redundant statements. If anyone actually enjoys cleaning up code, and wants to, be my guest.
2. The IMPORTANT thing I'd like to note, is that I am completely stumped as to how to delay the sprite from updating after the second click. Take a look to see what I mean. If you don't have a match, the switch is lightning fast... not fun. If someone can help me with that, I'd be so very grateful, as this app is almost totally done.

Here's the links:

https://www.stoneyweb.com/tim/html5/

source: https://www.stoneywe...ching-beta4.rar

I think the site certificate is whack, as it's my pop's server, so you'll probably have to confirm a security exception. Just a fair heads up. Ttyl.

-stoney

Edited by stoneyftw, 14 April 2012 - 04:07 AM.

#2 creators124

creators124

awesomeliciousmember

• GMC Member
  • 866 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:17 AM

sure, I'll try it!
it'll be fun to play a game like this!
I'll edit to tell you how I went with the game!
question:
does it have to be standard GMK , also what type?
EDIT:
hey I won, what is my prize?!
wow, I act like a kid!Posted Image
glitch I found trying to fool around with your html game.
it makes the card flip back over when you don't click the right one. xD

Edited by creators124, 14 April 2012 - 07:30 AM.

#3 stoneyftw

stoneyftw

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 112 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:35 PM

sure, I'll try it!
it'll be fun to play a game like this!
I'll edit to tell you how I went with the game!
question:
does it have to be standard GMK , also what type?
EDIT:
hey I won, what is my prize?!
wow, I act like a kid!Posted Image
glitch I found trying to fool around with your html game.
it makes the card flip back over when you don't click the right one. xD

Thanks for trying it out. Yea, I think I'm going to have to rewrite a lot of the code. I'm pretty sure that assigning the sprites during step events is leading to a lot of unexpected occurrences due to clicking fast etc.

Oh and the prize for winning will definitely be put into the end product, as well as a timer, and best time logged... So I can keep track of his progress.

#4 creators124

creators124

awesomeliciousmember

• GMC Member
  • 866 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:56 PM

Thanks for trying it out. Yea, I think I'm going to have to rewrite a lot of the code. I'm pretty sure that assigning the sprites during step events is leading to a lot of unexpected occurrences due to clicking fast etc.

Oh and the prize for winning will definitely be put into the end product, as well as a timer, and best time logged... So I can keep track of his progress.

I liked it as kids view.
A little boring to my little brothers that are 5 and can play most games we put in front of them! lol!
right now they are multitasking by playing two games at once! :P

#5 stoneyftw

stoneyftw

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 112 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:44 AM

I liked it as kids view.
A little boring to my little brothers that are 5 and can play most games we put in front of them! lol!
right now they are multitasking by playing two games at once! :P

Agreed. The game is for my son, who is about to turn 2. He already is pretty skilled on the ipad. We found some ioS matching games, but there is always something that I would change about them, so this is turning into a good learning project for me.

Also, we get to choose the pictures that the cards are, so they are fine tuned to the things that he loves. A future release will definitely need to include the ability for different icon packs.

#6 creators124

creators124

awesomeliciousmember

• GMC Member
  • 866 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:33 AM

you must be really nice to learn to make a simple baby game for your son. Posted ImagePosted Image
plus tell us about any updates to the game if you make any!
What type of GM are you using for this game?
bought or not?
I'm guessing HTML.
EDIT:
there is a glitch where I can double-click the same one card that lets me choose another card and the other one stay.

Edited by creators124, 15 April 2012 - 03:43 AM.

#7 stoneyftw

stoneyftw

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 112 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:59 AM

Anyways, yea, I'm going to recode the project this week, so I'll definitely post an update. I'm still learning the program, but yea I'm using GM HTML5. I can't wait for my free upgrade to studio!

Moderator edit: removed spam quote. Never reply to spam

#8 creators124

creators124

awesomeliciousmember

• GMC Member
  • 866 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:19 AM

Anyways, yea, I'm going to recode the project this week, so I'll definitely post an update. I'm still learning the program, but yea I'm using GM HTML5. I can't wait for my free upgrade to studio!

Moderator edit: removed spam quote. Never reply to spam

oh... I feel stupid! Posted Image
did you put a small update?
I want to see what little brothers think of it. :P
please reply!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users