175 replies to this topic

#151 True Valhalla

True Valhalla

ಠ_ಠ

• Retired Staff
  • 5198 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:30 AM

More than 1000 games have been submitted for the first time ever! Congratulations to everyone that finished - I hope you had a great time! :)

#152 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

Never you mind!

• GMC Member
  • 7521 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:30 AM

I don't want to give anything away, so whatever you did experience was the game as it was meant to be played by you :) It's not a particularly fun game no matter what options you discover haha.

I saved them by fixing the teleporter by breaking the teleporter. I was benevolent, apparently. It didn't last very long..I don't really see the point of the game.

Maybe if my actions were more..I don't know..

Although, it does make me want to go back and play Sandbox of God again so thanks for that.

#153 True Valhalla

True Valhalla

ಠ_ಠ

• Retired Staff
  • 5198 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:52 AM

I don't want to give anything away, so whatever you did experience was the game as it was meant to be played by you :) It's not a particularly fun game no matter what options you discover haha.

I saved them by fixing the teleporter by breaking the teleporter. I was benevolent, apparently. It didn't last very long..I don't really see the point of the game.

Maybe if my actions were more..I don't know..

Although, it does make me want to go back and play Sandbox of God again so thanks for that.

The game has no point, exactly :) But, I kind of like how each player will have quite a different experience and not necessarily see the entire game.

Thanks for playing, btw.

#154 Furritus

Furritus

Just another Ferret

• GMC Member
  • 285 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:55 AM

wasnt able to finish, my game had no content whatsoever almost

#155 Dangerous_Dave

Dangerous_Dave

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 9384 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:59 AM

I played a pile of games posted in this topic, it's been great seeing what everyone made! It's also interesting to see who the sadists are...

#156 True Valhalla

True Valhalla

ಠ_ಠ

• Retired Staff
  • 5198 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:23 AM

*coughs awkwardly*

#157 free_napalm

free_napalm

GMC Member

• 22 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

I wound up participating, and I really like how it turned out:
Gale Axile
Spoiler

This was quite exhausting, so I will probably pass on the next jam. And if you played my last jam game - it was horrible, especially compared to Gale Axile.

Have fun playing, everyone.
-free napalm

Edited by free_napalm, 23 April 2012 - 04:48 PM.

#158 Fireball16

Fireball16

Indie Developer

• GMC Member
  • 1013 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:20 PM

Posted Image
The Tiny Green World is a game based around the theme TinyWorld. In it people are wrecking the tiny world you grew up in cutting trees, drilling into the earth and building factories that belch greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere. Things have gone too far, posters alone used to help but now you must use another tool, the brainwashing ray. You must brain wash the citizens to get popularity and make them respect the environment. However the military aren't too happy at you brain washing their loyal citizens and they are out to get you! Every time you use the ray they are alerted to your presence and send a plane to sort you out! With the popularity you earn, you can buy upgrades to your brain washer, as well as buying propaganda items (fliers, blimps, billboards) until eventually everyone is environment-happy you save the world! Left click on the shop items to buy, and left click on the BrainWashingRay™ to start brainwashing citizens! The aim of the game is to get your poularity upto 150, if you have any questions or would like to send me your score please do so, my twitter is @EliteWareGames and my email is admin@eliteware.info . I hope you enjoy my game!

Link to LudumDare Page: http://www.ludumdare...eview&uid=12517

#159 11clock

11clock

Christian Pacifist

• GMC Member
  • 1852 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:00 PM

So many planet games in this competition. :/

C'mon, guys, a tiny world doesn't have to be a planet!

Edited by 11clock, 23 April 2012 - 09:00 PM.

#160 IceMetalPunk

IceMetalPunk

InfiniteIMPerfection

• Retired Staff
  • 9322 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:02 PM

So many planet games in this competition. :/

C'mon, guys, a tiny world doesn't have to be a planet!

I was going with the idea that it's a planet (world), but the planet is not tiny. Instead, it's filled with small creatures called Tinies. Hence, it's the Tiny World.

But as we all know, timing is not a strong suit for me at the moment :lol: .

-IMP

#161 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 19879 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

Okay, I think I played everyone's game who has posted a link in this topic... Some real gems in there, some great ideas too but poorly implemented or unfinished, and a couple I didn't like much. Anyway, I've left you all comments and ratings so Good Luck with the competition!

#162 GeoS

GeoS

GMC Member

• 145 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:12 PM

Hey everyone, I'd love some more feedback on mine:

http://www.ludumdare...review&uid=6788

It's not a planet game. Or a game with ridiculously low graphic resolution.

Edited by GeoS, 23 April 2012 - 09:14 PM.

#163 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 19879 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:29 PM

Hey everyone, I'd love some more feedback on mine:

http://www.ludumdare...review&uid=6788

It's not a planet game. Or a game with ridiculously low graphic resolution.

Played and commented on too! Posted Image

#164 daz

daz

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 799 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:24 PM

Yes my music will cause ears to bleed haha. Should have added a mute button, but you know time constraints. I did reduce the sound effect and music volume by 60% though, you should have heard it before. The current version while annoying, will not make you deaf.

Also discovered the first screen of my tutorial doesn't show up in HTML5. TOO BAD. I made a note on the LD page, but all you have to do is press space on that screen to be taken to the next.

#165 Furritus

Furritus

Just another Ferret

• GMC Member
  • 285 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:59 AM

if you guys care to see how my ludum dare experience panned out: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=cFqzLlvOqek

#166 Harrk

Harrk

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:38 AM

if you guys care to see how my ludum dare experience panned out: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=cFqzLlvOqek

You sure do like to play chess :D

#167 Furritus

Furritus

Just another Ferret

• GMC Member
  • 285 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:47 AM

i think that was my downfall ><. Too much chess not enough programming!

#168 daz

daz

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 799 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:07 AM

You must have output in a very odd way - it's got some fairly large bland black borders!

Just finished mine as well: http://youtu.be/Gpd7dHOYlU8 It's 360p, but I uploaded in 720 so in a few hours youtube might have finished encoding it in 720 or 480. My timelapse is also much slower, capped screens at 30 seconds, playback at 10fps.

#169 free_napalm

free_napalm

GMC Member

• 22 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:03 AM

Nocturne, thanks for playing and rating. Glad you liked it :)
Also, my game is not really set on a tiny planet, but rather in a tiny galaxy. It's not set on a tiny planet, because, there are several planets, and they can get huge. But the distance between the planets and the amount of planets is very low. Therefore the galaxy is tiny :biggrin:

#170 GeoS

GeoS

GMC Member

• 145 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:53 PM

@Furritus Haha that is hilarious. You spent the whole time playing 3 different versions of chess, watching YouTube and messaging on a bazillion different sites. Surely you epitomize Internet procrastination.

#171 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 19879 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

Done a little mini review post of my top games so far! Two at the top and three honourable mentions, so check it out and if you haven't played any of them yet, then what are you waiting for?!?!

http://www.ludumdare...compo/?p=139105

#172 Furritus

Furritus

Just another Ferret

• GMC Member
  • 285 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:30 AM

@Furritus Haha that is hilarious. You spent the whole time playing 3 different versions of chess, watching YouTube and messaging on a bazillion different sites. Surely you epitomize Internet procrastination.

XD, what not to do during a game making competition. I feel like i got the most work done in the last 12 hours. I mostly did other things because i was getting lost with python though, thats why i switched over to game maker.

also it has those black borders because the other renders i had wouldnt upload to youtube, i didnt feel like waiting another 5 hours to watch it fail again :P. Oh also i had to speed it up a LOT, otherwise it would be 30 minutes long. Noone would watch a 30 minute timelapse :P.

Edited by Furritus, 25 April 2012 - 12:33 AM.

#173 Blake

Blake

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 469 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:33 AM

Thanks for the kind words Mark! Much appreciated! :sweat:

#174 True Valhalla

True Valhalla

ಠ_ಠ

• Retired Staff
  • 5198 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

Remember to comment and rate other people's games! The more you do so, the more you'll get - it's how the system works :)

#175 Blake

Blake

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 469 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:45 AM

This is my favourite game so far, the only one that I have given 5 stars to!

http://www.ludumdare...eview&uid=12874

Edited by Blake, 26 April 2012 - 09:42 AM.

#176 SkullSoft

SkullSoft

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:29 AM

Missed the GM Jam completely. ;/ My Ludum Dare entry is going good though! 43 ratings, lots of positive comments, and 2 people have included my game in their list of 'top games so far'!

Link: http://www.ludumdare...eview&uid=10251

@GeoS: I loved your game!

@Nocturne: I agree, Deity is pretty cool!

I'm going to troll this forum and see if there's any games I haven't played yet (71 coolness and counting...hope to get 300!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users