So far I am loving the community response. As much as I knew Iji was a well made game, I didn't know that this many people found it to be so influential. It holds the most votes by far.
Well, judging from the votes, the most influential Game Maker games are:
- Iji by Ultimortal(2010) (16 votes [11.94%])
- Karoshi by 2Dcube(2008) (9 votes [6.72%])
- Caveman Craig By RhysAndrew(2008) (8 votes [5.97%])
- THEY NEED TO BE FED created by 2Dcube(2010) (7 votes [5.22%])
- DEATH WORM created by JTR(2007) (7 votes [5.22%])
- Jumper series by YoMamasMama(2004-2008) (6 votes [4.48%])
- SEIKLUS created by tapeworm(2003) (6 votes [4.48%])
- Spelunky by Derek Yu(2008) (6 votes [4.48%])
- Assassin Blue by banov(2008 ) (6 votes [4.48%])
- FROZZD by 2Dcube(2007) (5 votes [3.73%])
Thank you all for helping me put together this list. I really enjoyed hearing all your favorite games and why you found them so good. Some of these I had never even heard of before now. I really appreciate the community feedback and also thank the mods for being so helpful in putting the poll together. I most especially thank ugriffin, Desert dog and Nocturne for all there support.
Sadly I shall be absent for the next few days due work related assignments. Till then, I turn this over to the mods to conclude this little discussion. Feel free to have it continue or closed.
Once again thank you all.
Edited by mazimadu, 15 April 2012 - 03:49 AM.