What exactly are the best Game Maker games ever made?
Who are the best Game Makers?
What where the best moments?
What where the most lol worthy moments?
What were your best moments in a Game Maker game?
You see, in the game industry we always talk about each era, calling the one we are in a "Console generation". This is the era when particular game hardware is on the market and the various games and moments in games that helped define said generation. However, we rarely hear of such generational shifts in the PC side of the industry. Rarer still do we, the game makers, pay atention to this on our end.
Now we, the Game Maker community stand at a cross roads. The product we so dearly love has matured and is now ready to bring in a new audience. One made up of professional developers, artist and the more casual audience. We also are entering a much bigger arena. HTML5 may already be the area Game maker could be the most popular, and that isn't getting into the mobile and desktop scene. In short, Game Maker is entering a new era for a new generation.
So to mark this shift, I say we as GMC members celebrate our history by compiling a list of the very best Game Maker has to offer. And I say we begin with the bread and butter of what this site is all about. The Games.
To start this series of post, I want to compile a list of the 50 most influential Game maker games. The games that will be on this list must meet the following criteria:
- Must be designed show what Game Maker is truly capable of (eg pushed game maker to the limits, while still being playable)
- Be highly regarded in the community as examples of stellar game design (and thus an inspiration to other fellow game makers)
- May have made a name for itself both inside/outside of the Game Maker Community.
- MUST be an original creation by the creators and not based on existing/licensed games (no Simply Solitaire or fan games).
- Play counts, while important, are not the sole determining factor for a games popularity. A game has to make this list based on its reputation in the community and not by the number of people who have played it.
- After the games have been compiled, there will be a poll to determine who gets to the top.
If you are interested in helping me compile this list, you have the choice of doing the following:
- Post a response in this forum. It is the least you coud do.
- Contact me via twitter (it is in my signature) and leave a message.
- Sign up for the Mazimadu forums and start a discussion. I will be listening.
If you are posting a game here, please follow the below structure when posting a game:
[b]Game:[/b] Name of game, author, year [Picture of game, no greater than 600x600] [b]Description:[/b] Games over all goal game play and what makes it special [b]Best part/Fun fact/Achievement:[/b] The games crowning moment.
Thanks for reading. I can't wait to get started.
Edited by mazimadu, 13 April 2012 - 01:44 AM.