#1 otherlifestudios

otherlifestudios

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 15 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:57 AM

Posted Image

I'm planning on making a 2D Action Platform RPG called Daemo and I'm working on the systems that will go into the game.

Here's what I have so far (in chronological order that they will be implemented):

Movement

This includes moving left, right, jumping, grabbing ledges, crouching and wall jumping.

NPC's / NPC AI

Types of NPC's include: Guards, Civilians and Traders. The things they do include: buying/selling different types of items, giving quests, guarding areas, defending themselves/others, walking, jumping, grabbing ledges, walljumping and crouching. You can attack any NPC, but they respawn just like enemies. You can also pickpocket, stealth kill and hide from them. Also, if an NPC is in a faction(see Factions) that you have low rep with they can attack you on sight, but if you have high rep they will treat you nicely and possibly even become a companion(see Companions) or trust you with new quests.

Dialog System

There are usually multiple options to choose from when you are in dialog. Some may also use persuasion. Depending on your Speechcraft skill(see Skills), you will have a better chance at succeeding in persuading the NPC.

Stats

Vitality - Effects how much health you have
Focus - Effects your attack speed
Force - Effects how much melee damage you deal
Intellect - Effects how effective your spells are (both dmage and buffs)
Presence - Effects how ell you keep mobs attention (aggro)

Classes

Brute: Tank (30 Vitality, 20 Focus, 20 Force, 1 Intellect, 30 Presence)
Duelist: Melee DPS (20 Vitality, 30 Focus, 30 Force, 1 Intellect, 20 Presence)
Warden: Ranged DPS (20 Vitality, 30 Focus, 30 Force, 1 Intellect, 20 Presence)
Druid: Magic DPS (20 Vitality, 30 Focus, 1 Force, 30 Intellect, 20 Presence)
Templar: Healer (30 Vitality, 20 Focus, 1 Force, 30 Intellect, 10 Presence)
Monk: Support (20 Vitality, 30 Focus, 1 Force, 30 Intellect, 20 Presence)

Perks

Cast Speed+, Attack Speed+, Life Leech+, Critical Chance(%)+. (More to come)

Equipment / Inventory

The inventory is made up of parts: Spell slots and Equipment slots(Head, Necklace, Body, Arms, 2 Rings, Belt, Legs, Weapon). It also shows how much gold your character has.

Equipment can affect many stats: (Coming Soon)

Shops

You can buy and sell any item with any trader whether they be a shop owner or a traveling trader. The types of shops include: Alchemy Shop(alchemy ingredients and potions), Blacksmith(ore, ingots, armor and weapons) and General Shop(every other item).

Enemies / Enemy AI

Melee Combat

Ranged Combat:

Magic Combat

Menus

Factions

Skills

Gathering / Crafting

Quests

Day/Night System

Weather System

Randomly Generated Dungeons

Achievement System

Boss Encounters

Pets / Companions

There will be a variety of pets/companions you can have. Your pet can be taken out and put away, but companions are always out. Also, depending on the situation, your pet/companion will use specific attacks in combat.

Player Houses

If you have any ideas for more systems you would like to see in a MMO-ARPG, have a problem with the order of the systems being implemented or have feedback on the design of each of the systems post here.

Thanks for your time,

Other Life Studios[/center]

Edited by otherlifestudios, 10 April 2012 - 02:43 AM.

#2 fenyxofshadows

fenyxofshadows

coobie

• GMC Member
  • 446 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:05 AM

I would recommend building full design documents for each of these systems if you are serious about this. Then you can begin coding with what is essentially a recipe.

Or are you just going to code each thing as you think of it? With some games, that would work, but with an MMORPG of any proportion, you have to be very serious and professional about it. Just a little warning.

#3 otherlifestudios

otherlifestudios

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:33 AM

Yeah I'm working on the in-depth analysis of each system now. Just want to get ideas for more systems.

#4 fenyxofshadows

fenyxofshadows

coobie

• GMC Member
  • 446 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:42 AM

Good, you're serious. Glad to hear it! Hope it goes well! Posted Image

#5 otherlifestudios

otherlifestudios

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:58 AM

Yeah thanks I've got a few people working on it.

#6 Overloaded

Overloaded

Seeker of Balance

• GMC Member
  • 969 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:40 AM

Looks very good! I'd love to play your game when it will release. Also it is 2D or 3D MMORPG?

Some ideas for you:

1) Events. I am not so sure if that's possible in Game Maker, but it is a good idea to make some events in current time and in these events people win items or money. You can create battlefields in which people will fight at current time.
2) Duel or Duel Arena. People can duel with each other, or if you want create a Duel Arena for duel any time and of the day.

I will tell you if I have more suggestions.

Edited by D4RknEZz, 03 April 2012 - 04:27 PM.

#7 otherlifestudios

otherlifestudios

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:35 PM

Thanks for the feedback D4rknezz. The game will be a 2d platformer. I will try to have real time events with multiple outcomes. As for dueling, you can at any place in the world as long as the other player agrees. There will also possibly be an area where you go specifically duel other players.

Edited by otherlifestudios, 03 April 2012 - 10:24 PM.

#8 otherlifestudios

otherlifestudios

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:24 PM

I've added Perks, Pets / Companions and Player Houses to the list.

Edited by otherlifestudios, 04 April 2012 - 12:23 AM.

#9 otherlifestudios

otherlifestudios

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:14 PM

Added more info.

#10 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 7620 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:52 AM

I've added Perks, Pets / Companions and Player Houses to the list.

Added more info.

When I see topics and/or feature lists like this, I worry that the goal is more about discussion... than actual creation. But maybe I'm just skeptical by nature.

I mean, these are all great MMORPG features...and I don't want to cramp your enthusiasm. But can you realistically expect to achieve all this?

#11 XTIDIA Games

XTIDIA Games

VirtuCity Co-Creator

• GMC Member
  • 495 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:45 PM

Cons:

There is a big chance that this is going to be just another abandoned idea... I mean look all the features:
Real Time Events

Day/Night System
Weather System
Randomly Generated Dungeons
Mounts
Achievement System
Boss Encounters

All these features to be made into a mmorpg. In multiplayer you will have to make many,many lines to fit all these together. Also you have to send a massive quantity of information to player from the server (and receive) so you must have a pretty hefty computer.

The pros:

Your idea sounds awesome. I would definatly play this game if its finished. Actually the pros are much, much more than the cons but i dont have the time saying them here now.

What i suggest:

Get a team. For this HUGE project you can't do it alone. You might get bored or depressed. Team is essential. Get spriters, sound managers (uhh ??!) , programmers and 39dll programmer - the recommended. I suggest starting a simple multiplayer game where you can see yourself and the other players. Than start slowly (but carefully) implementing the general features (like monsters,etc.).

Edited by XTIDIA Games, 05 April 2012 - 05:18 PM.

#12 Overloaded

Overloaded

Seeker of Balance

• GMC Member
  • 969 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:59 PM

Yes these guys are right. If you plan to make a game, you should know how to do it. If you know, again your project might fail, because you may get tired of it, especially if you don't have a team. Working with a team is much better than working solo. For example I am making a simple game, but I'm getting tired of it, so I told my cousin and my friend to learn Game Maker to create this and other games together. Anyway I hope you will be able to finish it, because it sound very awesome.

#13 otherlifestudios

otherlifestudios

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:38 PM

I have a team of 7 people working on it at the moment, I'd like more so if you're interested check out this link: http://gmc.yoyogames...howtopic=535630

Also, we are implementing it in the order of the system in the first post, slowly but surely we will release new versions to gmc and other forums until after the beta. From then on the game will be in top secret development until the full release.

#14 otherlifestudios

otherlifestudios

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:33 PM

Edited by otherlifestudios, 05 April 2012 - 10:53 PM.

#15 XTIDIA Games

XTIDIA Games

VirtuCity Co-Creator

• GMC Member
  • 495 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:31 AM

Well i know an inventory example where you can make items not with objects but inserting lines of codes and making it how much it cost, stackable, enchantable and etc. It's also got a quest engine (very reliable and powerfull) + shops. I think it was called A.I.O. inventory

#16 otherlifestudios

otherlifestudios

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:49 AM

This game is now singleplayer! No more mmo, sorry.

#17 XTIDIA Games

XTIDIA Games

VirtuCity Co-Creator

• GMC Member
  • 495 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:17 AM

Why that ? :huh: ;)

#18 Overloaded

Overloaded

Seeker of Balance

• GMC Member
  • 969 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:12 AM

Too bad, it would be better as a MMORPG, but you decide!

#19 XTIDIA Games

XTIDIA Games

VirtuCity Co-Creator

• GMC Member
  • 495 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:28 AM

Too bad, it would be better as a MMORPG, but you decide!

Indeed. But it would be more likely to be finished now. Although you got to think a hell of a storyline.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users