133 replies to this topic

#121 Serdnad

Serdnad

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 97 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:49 AM

Oh, and how come i cant attack mid-air? Now i can't be a bad*ss with air assassination

Technically because I don't actually have an air-attack animation, but I'm not entirely sure that I need one.

You don't need one. Just change the sprite like it normally would, it should look fine.

Also, so you're not going to remove knockback? because those times i died it was because i got cornered and couldn't get out. Although the shield thing makes sense, and without knockback there's no point in using a shield...

I dont know how you're going to get around that, if i think of something ill mention it, but either way, i think the enemies do too much damage. It took a lvl 2 slime about 5 hits to kill me at 50 health.

Oh, and a no to the tabs? :( Ill try and make a pic to show you what i mean(I'm pretty darn bad with graphics.)

#122 Lotias

Lotias

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1160 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:54 AM

I know what tabs are, thanks

I dont know how you're going to get around that, if i think of something ill mention it, but either way, i think the enemies do too much damage. It took a lvl 2 slime about 5 hits to kill me at 50 health.

Don't get hit 5 times (I find it easy enough) and put stat points in Constitution. I'm probably going to increase the number of stat points you get per level sometime.

...because i got cornered and couldn't get out.

I'll think of something.

#123 Serdnad

Serdnad

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:38 AM

When i got hit 5 times, i wasnt playing, i was testing how many hits it takes to die. And considering it takes maybe 3 hits to kill a unit, and there are several more units than there are you, i still think the enemies should still have less damage.

put stat points in Constitution. I'm probably going to increase the number of stat points you get per level sometime.

hehe, i always put the first 2 in strength, for faster killing. But yeah, i think you should. never seen a game that only gives 2 per level up. I think 3 is quite reasonable, around there.

Oh, and i know you know what tabs are, i just didnt know if you pictured the same thing as me, but nevermind i guess.

#124 Serdnad

Serdnad

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:59 AM

just making sure, im not supposed to be able to go through the door in the ruin place right?

Anyways, i was playing, and i jumped on to one of the rising platforms, and my guy was moving to the right by himself. right after that, i got stuck in the wall next to it, except i could still move normally for a bit. Then my guy fell and started moving to the left, outside of the screen and under the play area.

Oh, and i thought about the knockback thing. eventually youre planning on ranged enemies right? thats when you would use the shield. or maybe if youre some boss player, or were fighting against something slow but strong, you would attack, use the shield, attack, etc. That way you could get rid of the horribly annoying knockback.

#125 Lotias

Lotias

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1160 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:14 AM

just making sure, im not supposed to be able to go through the door in the ruin place right?

Not yet.

Anyways, i was playing, and i jumped on to one of the rising platforms, and my guy was moving to the right by himself. right after that, i got stuck in the wall next to it, except i could still move normally for a bit. Then my guy fell and started moving to the left, outside of the screen and under the play area.

I'll work on it as soon as I get moving the project to GM:S all sorted out.

By the way, the bump limit is 48 hours.

#126 Serdnad

Serdnad

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

My bad, didnt mean to bump, guess i shouldve added to my original post. Anyways, i meant to mention this in my other post, but forgot to. You should move the "quit game" button in the pause menu, it feels like its just thrown in there and I always have to look for it. It should be in a corner or at the bottom or something like that.

Did you think about the knockback? or are you keeping it that way? it just looks weird when i get knocked back and the other guy doesnt.

Oh, and after you die, it shows your health and stuff in the main menu. Also, i dnt think the message after you die should include the ".. game will be restarted" part.

Also, congrats on getting Studio!

#127 Gorkiller

Gorkiller

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 148 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

good graphics, kind of a good gameplay.. not attacking in mid air is annoying..
the tapping of the foot.. very annoying... other than that, IT's AWESOME!
Keep up the good work.

Edited by Gorkiller, 05 January 2013 - 08:42 PM.

#128 Serdnad

Serdnad

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

not attacking in mid air is annoying..

I know right!?!?

Hey, this isnt bumping since im replying to something right?

Also, to make this post more useful...

I was trying to go down from the middle ledge in the ruins to the bottom one without falling straight to the ground past the bottom one, so i was holding left and down, and my guy started fidgeting in place, posed like he was jumping to the left.

also, When you attack you attack in a wide range. Like, i can attack the first slime in the ruin standing on the platform right before the one hes on.

Hope im not getting annoying...
Serd.

Edit: Oh yeah, almost forgot. Lol, i have no idea how i do this stuff, but i got temporarily stuck in the propellors of a elevator thing.

Edited by Serdnad, 05 January 2013 - 09:55 PM.

#129 Lotias

Lotias

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1160 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

the tapping of the foot.. very annoying...

The tapping sound when you're running or the idle animation?

Did you think about the knockback? or are you keeping it that way? it just looks weird when i get knocked back and the other guy doesnt.

Which is why I was asking about adding enemy knockback back in, but I've never gotten a really direct answer... :whistle:

Also, congrats on getting Studio!

If it weren't for problems like THIS I'd be happy about it too.

Edited by Lotias, 05 January 2013 - 11:28 PM.

#130 Serdnad

Serdnad

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 97 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:37 AM

the tapping of the foot.. very annoying...

The tapping sound when you're running or the idle animation?

I'm sure he means the idle animation.(correct me if i'm wrong of course)

Which is why I was asking about adding enemy knockback back in, but I've never gotten a really direct answer... Posted Image

Must've skipped over that. Well, what you can do is add it back to the enemies, and then maybe make some heavy enemies that dont get knocked back. just an idea. Or you can take it out completely, which seems the most realistic to me actually, since the shield would still have purpose against ranged enemies.

Also, congrats on getting studio!

If it weren't for problems like THIS I'd be happy about it too.

Yeah, its weird the way the order is, and i think i remember hearing about the option but i never found it either. I also found another place where it shows you the order of all the creation code, but i cant find it again. Oh, and by the way, when you say regular creation do you mean the room creation?

Well, hope you get that solved.

Update: Looked around a bit more, and you cant change the order the code is ran in, they got rid of the option a while ago.

Edited by Serdnad, 07 January 2013 - 01:14 AM.

#131 Gorkiller

Gorkiller

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 148 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:32 AM

yes, i mean the animation, i don't know why but i just find it annoying :P.

#132 Gorkiller

Gorkiller

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 148 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:32 AM

Sorry double post..

Edited by Gorkiller, 25 January 2013 - 12:09 PM.

#133 Lotias

Lotias

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1160 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

Well, because of numerous problems with porting this to GM:Studio and my new skills with the programming language rendering the methods I've been using for this game obsolete AND what I consider a very poorly done beginning to a plotline, I've decided to rebuild this engine from scratch for the fourth time starting today - this time optimizing it for HTML5. I'll also be reconsidering the plot a lot, hopefully making the intro much stronger, less cluttered, and all around more appealing.

tl;dr sometime in the future I'll be uploading a better HTML5 version of this

#134 Lotias

Lotias

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1160 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

Well I updated the OP post with a development log link so whoever's interested can track my progress or something.
My Development Log

I won't be using this thread anymore, just a heads-up.

And yes, I did change the name to Heir to keep the name related to the plot.

Edited by Lotias, 01 February 2013 - 03:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users