• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 cjr1974

cjr1974

GMC Member

• 10 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:21 PM

So have they came up with a date yet that Gamemaker Studio will finally be released? I noticed that with the beta it doesnt let you export, you can only build the games.

#2 Robert3DG+

Robert3DG+

Designer

• GMC Member
  • 1925 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:13 AM

No. Be patient. When it's announced, we'll be the first to know.

In the mean time use the beta period what it's for: Find bugs and report them promptly and correctly.

#3 mrsmes

mrsmes

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1506 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:38 PM

3d model editor and 3d room setting and support for the wii and wii u and mind toy device, module for $240 for the whole package please.

#4 GameDevDan

GameDevDan

YoYo Games Staff

• Administrators
  • 1246 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:34 AM

So have they came up with a date yet that Gamemaker Studio will finally be released? I noticed that with the beta it doesnt let you export, you can only build the games.

The official word is that YoYo is "Very close" to release ( http://www.yoyogames.com/news/95 ) . This of course can be taken as different times to different people, so as Robert said you'll just have to hang in there.

And the non-publishing nature of the beta is to ensure that you don't abuse the product whilst it is free (and buggy).

3d model editor and 3d room setting and support for the wii and wii u and mind toy device, module for $240 for the whole package please.

This doesn't make sense and it's not in the right topic. Pre-emptively I'll say: if this was sarcasm, it wasn't funny.

Edited by GameDevDan, 03 April 2012 - 08:35 AM.

#5 David Batty

David Batty

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 187 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

It would be nice if we could have a rough idea of how long it will be, then we can make business decisions on what projects to hand code or wait for GM. I have a few small projects that can hang on if GM Studio is out in a month or so, but if its longer then it will be better for me to make a start with a native android app. Decisions Decisions ! ;D

#6 jn2002dk

jn2002dk

GMC Member

• 58 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:31 AM

It would be nice if we could have a rough idea of how long it will be, then we can make business decisions on what projects to hand code or wait for GM. I have a few small projects that can hang on if GM Studio is out in a month or so, but if its longer then it will be better for me to make a start with a native android app. Decisions Decisions ! ;D

My thoughts exactly!

I've gone with hard coding one project, the smaller one, and hopefully we'll know more about a release date when i've completed that project. I'm not being impatient, it's just that Studio is so awesome and such a big time saver i want it know lol :tongue:

#7 rwkay

rwkay

YoYo Games CTO

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 2371 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:51 AM

Studio will be released in Q2 this year - we are looking to get it out ASAP, so we are fixing bugs and patching the last features in.

If you have a particular business need then talk to us directly about it and we will consider each on its merits....

Russell

#8 jn2002dk

jn2002dk

GMC Member

• 58 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:58 AM

Studio will be released in Q2 this year - we are looking to get it out ASAP, so we are fixing bugs and patching the last features in.

If you have a particular business need then talk to us directly about it and we will consider each on its merits....

Russell

Awesome, can't wait for a full release

Keep up the good work! :smile:

#9 cotycrg

cotycrg

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 873 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:12 PM

Russell

Careful saying that..you're now bound to get tons of emails from kiddies who want to "get their super cool game out."

Personally though, I'd love to see it out ASAP too, because I'm planning on paying for some of my college fees through mobile apps, and GM:S just makes that plan so much better. (byebye, writing every little thing in Java!)

#10 King Tetiro

King Tetiro

King of Orenna

• GMC Member
  • 2501 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:26 PM

Russell

Careful saying that..you're now bound to get tons of emails from kiddies who want to "get their super cool game out."

Personally though, I'd love to see it out ASAP too, because I'm planning on paying for some of my college fees through mobile apps, and GM:S just makes that plan so much better. (byebye, writing every little thing in Java!)

Yeh I'm worried about the tons of emails. Good to hear about the release date :D May as well progress my team's game to the second "chapter"

#11 Destron

Destron

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1227 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:26 AM

I am sure that from the email alone YoYo will be able to differentiate the people that have a genuine business need from those that just want to get them published today.

#12 Mr. RPG

Mr. RPG

GMC's Forum Troll

• GMC Member
  • 3137 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:33 AM

Patience is a virtue.

#13 King Tetiro

King Tetiro

King of Orenna

• GMC Member
  • 2501 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:22 AM

I am sure that from the email alone YoYo will be able to differentiate the people that have a genuine business need from those that just want to get them published today.

You're right about that. That's what I'm going to assume

#14 David Batty

David Batty

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 187 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:50 PM

Thanks Russell, thats exactly what I wanted to know, I am not worried if its next week or in four months time (next week would be better :D) but at least I know now that Q2 is your planned launch window so I can plan what I want to do here based on that.

I am not worried if the project slips because its nice to know that its not supposed to be November or anything like that.

#15 mrsmes

mrsmes

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1506 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:25 AM

so if it's not necessarily released yet i can still buy it for $200 after my birthday wow sweet. Is that true?

#16 DonnieM

DonnieM

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:04 PM

What are the chances it's released late this month, or early next month? I know you guys had said some time in the 1st quarter, and that was 4 or 5 months ago :(

#17 cotycrg

cotycrg

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 873 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:02 PM

What are the chances it's released late this month, or early next month? I know you guys had said some time in the 1st quarter, and that was 4 or 5 months ago :(

One of the administrators said in Q2, 2012 it will be released, and they want it released ASAP. Not sure what page in this thread it was, but it's there somewhere.

#18 Cakefish

Cakefish

I Shot The Sheriff

• GMC Member
  • 1468 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:57 PM

One of the administrators said in Q2, 2012 it will be released, and they want it released ASAP. Not sure what page in this thread it was, but it's there somewhere.

As Russel already pointed out a few posts up Posted Image

#19 DonnieM

DonnieM

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:46 AM

Gotcha. thanxs guys.

Edited by DonnieM, 09 April 2012 - 01:46 AM.

#20 Stian Aune

Stian Aune

GMC Member

• 131 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:57 PM

It's in this very page in this very thread! ::lmao::

#21 DonnieM

DonnieM

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:25 PM

Hilarious!

#22 cotycrg

cotycrg

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 873 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:38 PM

It's in this very page in this very thread! ::lmao::

For some reason I thought I was reading that 15 page long thread about pricing..haha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users