- Title: User Login/Game Saving Using PHP/MySQL/Asynchronous
- Description: Detailed example of how to create a user account, log in, and save/load info using async functions.
- GM Version: :GMHTML5: :GMS:
- Registered: Yes
- File Type: .zip
- File Size: 1.44MB
- File Link: My Link | Live Example
- Required Extensions: None
- Required DLLs: None
You can view the example live here: Async Live Example
This is a detailed example of how to use Asynchronous functions to communicate with a PHP script. This example shows you how to create a new user account, login to said account, save information to the database, and pull that information back out of the database and load it in the game. You do not need to know PHP to use this, you just have to understand what edits to make to the included PHP file and that is completely detailed through comments in the files themselves and the included PDF.
If it is warranted, I will continue to develop and add functions to this example.
The archive includes:
The .gmz project file for GM:HTML5 or GMS
The sample complied website
The PHP script that contains the functions you will call
A .sql file with a sample database to get you running fast for experimentation.
3 PDF files, a Quick Setup guide, A guide that details all the PHP code, and a guide that details the GM parts.
PHP/MySQL enabled Webhost
Ability to create and modify a database on your webhost
Notepad or other NON rich text editor (I suggest notepad++)
Ability to read
* Reset user password via email
* Function that pulls more than one row of data
* Example of a "High score" list.
* Anything else you would like to see added.
Edited by Destron, 27 June 2014 - 09:46 PM.