69 replies to this topic

#51 SuperAwesomeGames

SuperAwesomeGames

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 101 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:50 PM

I'll be sure to do that, BRING ON DUH MONEH. And I kinda like dis theme right here.
More liek once I fell down a sewer hole.
Er, anyway I kind of like that. But being a sewer theme, do you think you could make some of the notes, or whatever, have a slight echo effect or something? Just an idea. And yes, non midi pl0x. Unless you'd still like to compose something more fitting, like you said. I for one can't really say for sure if I find the midi version totally fitting as of now either, so sorfjspfjsdfjsidk

Woot!
It's midi because I was writing it with a very large high quality soundfont & I didn't want to spend 10 minutes trying to upload it as a .wav xP
I didn't really compose it as a sewer theme Per-Se, but more as just an exorcise to get my creative juices flowing, and see what it became. Which I have lots of, including about 5 or 6 saved up from not so great attempts at making the sewer theme (I thought it was going to be the easier out of the two, too XD)
Anyways I am still trying to get something more fitting (because IMO it is only slightly so).

Alright, just take your time and send me whichever one you think is the best I suppose.
No rush, it's not like my game is even done yet

#52 Lemon Pie

Lemon Pie

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 196 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:46 AM

Alright, just take your time and send me whichever one you think is the best I suppose.

Yo man! I've been working on something today that I think you may like.
http://www.mediafire...rdfpys8lk0kbhoo
It's not done yet & I kinda went seriously overboard on effects haha but if you think it will fit I will SNES it up.. Well mostly dampen the effects alot. All the samples already are from one of my SNES soundfonts. Anyways..
Ya.

Edit: Oh yea & I made it loopable so you can test it in your game & see if you like it.

Edited by Lemon Pie, 15 May 2012 - 01:49 AM.

#53 SuperAwesomeGames

SuperAwesomeGames

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:06 AM

Yo man! I've been working on something today that I think you may like.
http://www.mediafire...rdfpys8lk0kbhoo
It's not done yet & I kinda went seriously overboard on effects haha but if you think it will fit I will SNES it up.. Well mostly dampen the effects alot. All the samples already are from one of my SNES soundfonts. Anyways..
Ya.

Edit: Oh yea & I made it loopable so you can test it in your game & see if you like it.

Wow, that's pretty wicked. And it loops perfectly and pretty much fits with the general sewer area, so that's flipping rad.
And I really like dat echo it's got going on. But do you think you could add a rushing water-esque sound behind it all? If not I could just manually place a sound behind the track in the area, but just an idea. I don't know you'll even have to "SNES it up" because it sounds fine as is, but if you wanna dampen the effects a bit like you said that's cool.

THIS THEME IS SO FUNKY

#54 SuperAwesomeGames

SuperAwesomeGames

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:36 AM

Oh wait, never mind, sorry. You don't have to do the whole water sound thing. I just realized that some of the areas in the sewer don't show water, so it wouldn't make sense for you to hear any. I'll just add the sound myself in the areas where it's appropriate. My bad

#55 Lemon Pie

Lemon Pie

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 196 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:15 PM

Oh wait, never mind, sorry. You don't have to do the whole water sound thing. I just realized that some of the areas in the sewer don't show water, so it wouldn't make sense for you to hear any. I'll just add the sound myself in the areas where it's appropriate. My bad

http://www.mediafire.com/?bl34xnbg83pn5z0 Here is the finished product =]
I could do a short flowing water SFX track if you want.
& It would make sense to hear water when there isn't any around if your in a sewer since realistically you would be able to hear the water flow reverberating off the walls. It just would be quiet c[=

#56 SuperAwesomeGames

SuperAwesomeGames

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:50 PM

http://www.mediafire.com/?bl34xnbg83pn5z0 Here is the finished product =]
I could do a short flowing water SFX track if you want.
& It would make sense to hear water when there isn't any around if your in a sewer since realistically you would be able to hear the water flow reverberating off the walls. It just would be quiet c[=

Oh yeah, I could just lower the volume of the water as you kind of got further away from it, or something.
And you can make sound effects too? Nifty, yeah, it'd be cool if you could make that short water loop or something.
Thanks again for these two tracks bro, they sound pretty dern good. I'll need a few more, seeing as how the game takes place in a few more areas.
But I'll request them when you catch up on your other requests I suppose. I'll keep in touch

#57 King Tetiro

King Tetiro

King of Orenna

• GMC Member
  • 2549 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:57 PM

Hi there, I'm enquiring about the cost for music composing per minute of track? I have need of two tracks being composed. I'm asking because the tracks are for my team's commercial game, Leon.

If I have provided feedback on a game of yours, it would be epic if you do the same!
LND_Twitter_Icon.png Leon_Topic_Icon.png

Leon [PC]  | |Texture Page Calculator for GMStudio | Analog Sticks for GMStudio

#58 HomeBrand Gaming

HomeBrand Gaming

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 119 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:02 PM

Just wondering out of curiousity how you've been coming along with the track you were working on for me? I'm not being impatient or anything, just curious as to how it's coming along.

Also wondering if work on the other five tracks has started? Any details at all would be very much appreciated :smile:

Thanks again,
HomeBrand Gaming.

Edited by HomeBrand Gaming, 15 May 2012 - 11:03 PM.

PENS 3: TIDES OF WAR - A side-scrolling shooter-platformer that tells an epic storyline in a blitz of one-liners and is completely open-world. Rated 5/5 on GameJolt!
SAVE MY SOUL: MASTER 2 - A creepy puzzle-platformer that allows you to warp between dimensions in real-time. Rated 4/5 on YoYo Games Sandbox!

PENS: RELOADED - A remake of the first Pens game - an action-shooter with six enemy infested levels.

PENS RELOADED 2: REVENGE OF THE SPRINGS - A remake of the second Pens game - a side-scrolling aerial assault game that lets you experience both sides of the story.

#59 Dimidoosie

Dimidoosie

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 77 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:32 AM

Hi, I'm Dylan Heisner, also known as Segastar21, or in this case, Dimidoosie *facepalm*

I am in need of some music for a game I'm working on called "Nancy's Rainbowland". The game stars a 19 year old heroine with attitude. The game does not include any inappropriate content, (unless you count throwing bombs at dog-like creatures) and is in need of much more epic music.

As you can guess from my avatar, I am a big fan of the Virtual On series of games from Sega. These games are 3D mech fighting games with some of the best soundtracks you'll ever hear in your life.

http://gh.ffshrine.o...oundtracks/1747 *DNA*
http://gh.ffshrine.o...oundtracks/1822 *RNA*

These will link to the soundtracks for Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram. Why am I sending you these? Because I need my game's music to be styled like these tracks.

Why not click on these links and take a quick listen? If you're not in the mood, at least listen to the track entitled "Soldier Blue" in the DNA section of the soundtrack. That one's really good.

I need one track for the game at current. I need it styled after "Soldier Blue". I'm not looking for a remix, god forbid. I'm just wanting the track to borrow elements from that particular song. I want it to be inspired by that song, not ripped off of that song.

This song is for the first level. The first level is a grassy green area with large red blocks forming a maze.

If you want to see the game, just look for my topic in the
Works in Progress Board (PC) There's a demo there.

The length of the song should be around 1:00 to 2:00, preferrably 1:25 or longer. The song needs to loop, as well.

Thank you for your time!

- Dylan

P.S. This game will be distributed as freeware, and I am not making a profit off of it.

Edited by Dimidoosie, 16 May 2012 - 01:41 AM.

#60 Lemon Pie

Lemon Pie

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 196 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:05 PM

Oh yeah, I could just lower the volume of the water as you kind of got further away from it, or something.
And you can make sound effects too? Nifty, yeah, it'd be cool if you could make that short water loop or something.
Thanks again for these two tracks bro, they sound pretty dern good. I'll need a few more, seeing as how the game takes place in a few more areas.
But I'll request them when you catch up on your other requests I suppose. I'll keep in touch

Whenever your ready request away. I'll be glad to do them, since I've already had a quite bit of fun working on them so far. b^_^d
Also no I don't do sound effects, because I don't have the equipment for it. But I can really quickly make a river rushing track in audacity using white/grey noise, then dub over it with like a trickling/stream sound. Anyways heres something I did really quick using a sample sound @ Public Domain Sounds: http://www.mediafire...a5aa12c3grt6kh9

Hi there, I'm enquiring about the cost for music composing per minute of track? I have need of two tracks being composed. I'm asking because the tracks are for my team's commercial game, Leon.

First post dude :P $25 USD flat rate.

Just wondering out of curiousity how you've been coming along with the track you were working on for me? I'm not being impatient or anything, just curious as to how it's coming along.
Also wondering if work on the other five tracks has started? Any details at all would be very much appreciated :smile:
Thanks again,
HomeBrand Gaming.

I wont lie, I'm having problems. <=/ Like I said to you before, I have never composed atmospheric music before. And it is definitely proving to be a challenge. <=/

I am in need of some music for a game I'm working on called "Nancy's Rainbowland". The game stars a 19 year old heroine with attitude. The game does not include any inappropriate content, (unless you count throwing bombs at dog-like creatures) and is in need of much more epic music.

I have played your game. Actually, I was the first to comment on it in the WIP thread. "Epic" was definitely NOT a feeling I got from playing it. I felt that the music complemented the game perfectly. The game was very bright, cute, bubbly & vivid & the music matched that to a boot.

As you can guess from my avatar, I am a big fan of the Virtual On series of games from Sega. These games are 3D mech fighting games with some of the best soundtracks you'll ever hear in your life.

If its better than Parasite Eve (PS1)'s soundtrack then I will be absolutely astounded :P Femmes Fatales is all I need to say ;]

http://gh.ffshrine.o...oundtracks/1747 *DNA*
http://gh.ffshrine.o...oundtracks/1822 *RNA*
I need one track for the game at current. I need it styled after "Soldier Blue". I'm not looking for a remix, god forbid. I'm just wanting the track to borrow elements from that particular song. I want it to be inspired by that song, not ripped off of that song.
The length of the song should be around 1:00 to 2:00, preferrably 1:25 or longer. The song needs to loop, as well.

I'll give 'em a listen.

#61 Lemon Pie

Lemon Pie

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 196 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:06 PM

Edit: Double Post Srry.

Edited by Lemon Pie, 16 May 2012 - 06:07 PM.

#62 IrockTheHouse

IrockTheHouse

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:38 PM

~ Style or Genre? I always have trouble deciding this. Tempo, slow.
~ emotion = dark/gloomy (trying to fit the feel of a cave)
~ Loop = yes
~ MIDI
~ Meh, 1 minute 30 seconds.
~ Specific instruments? No. Use whatever instruments that sound right.
~ Genre is exploration platformer. There is a demo, and right now I have tons of midi songs from vgmusic (that's why I'm requesting songs)

link to topic with demo download link: http://gmc.yoyogames...howtopic=512042

#63 SuperAwesomeGames

SuperAwesomeGames

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 101 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:31 AM

Well, I didn't want to overload you with requests for songs seeing as how you currently have a buttload of people requesting stuff.
BUT IF YOU INSIST HERE I GO

The next song I'd need/want would be a cool little ice area theme. And by ice area, I mean a giant, over sized freezer filled with Pokemon-esque SLIDING PUZZLES, yay.
Anywho, I'm thinking the song could be similar to the likes of Paper Mario's Shiver Mountain theme, whereas it would be a little bit upbeat, but still coldish sounding, but I'd like this song to sound JUST a bit more lonely, or something. It would also be COOL if there was the sound of cold air in the background, kind of like how OoT's ice cavern has some cold sounding business in the back.
The song would only have to be like 40 seconds to a minute long, the freezer segment isn't going to be that LONG. And yes, loop plz. I figured out how to downsize the WAV versions of the songs you send me without diminishing the quality at all, so it won't matter how big the file is. Oh, and yeah it should be in that whole 16 bit themeish thing bro yeah dude

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=G87Y8lZ9BMs - Shiver Mountain
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=bcXuwXKsqMY - Ice Cavern

And here's an early pic of the first room of dis giant freezer.
Posted Image

Take your time, I see you have a bunch more people requesting things so, no rush.

Edited by SuperAwesomeGames, 17 May 2012 - 02:39 AM.

#64 Lemon Pie

Lemon Pie

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 196 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:30 PM

~ Style or Genre? I always have trouble deciding this. Tempo, slow.
~ emotion = dark/gloomy (trying to fit the feel of a cave)
~ Loop = yes
~ MIDI
~ Meh, 1 minute 30 seconds.
~ Specific instruments? No. Use whatever instruments that sound right.
~ Genre is exploration platformer. There is a demo, and right now I have tons of midi songs from vgmusic (that's why I'm requesting songs)

link to topic with demo download link: http://gmc.yoyogames...howtopic=512042

I can do that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G87Y8lZ9BMs - Shiver Mountain
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=bcXuwXKsqMY - Ice Cavern

And here's an early pic of the first room of dis giant freezer.
Posted Image

Take your time, I see you have a bunch more people requesting things so, no rush.

Alrighty then!

And with that I am closed for requests again everyone =]

Current Request List:
~ HomebrandGames: 6 pieces, Atmospheric/Horror Working on 2 right now, then 2 more after each other request.
~ Dimidoosie: 2 pieces, Upbeat
~ IrockTheHouse: 1 piece, dark/gloomy/Cave
~ SuperAwesomeGames: 1 piece, Icy/Snowy

Edited by Lemon Pie, 17 May 2012 - 07:42 PM.

#65 Lemon Pie

Lemon Pie

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 196 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:11 PM

HomebrandGames I cannot do your requests anymore. I have tried, many many times, but have not produced anything that is up to my standard of musical piece writing (which can be quite low at times). I cannot seem to grasp how to make good atmospheric music, since everything I make sounds like utter crap.
Sorry. =/

To everyone else: I will start working on your requests in the order at which they were requested.

~ Dimidoosie: Edit: 1 piece, Upbeat (Read it wrong xP)

Edited by Lemon Pie, 25 May 2012 - 07:50 PM.

#66 HomeBrand Gaming

HomeBrand Gaming

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 119 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:01 AM

HomebrandGames I cannot do your requests anymore. I have tried, many many times, but have not produced anything that is up to my standard of musical piece writing (which can be quite low at times). I cannot seem to grasp how to make good atmospheric music, since everything I make sounds like utter crap.
Sorry. =/

To everyone else: I will start working on your requests in the order at which they were requested.

~ Dimidoosie: Edit: 1 piece, Upbeat (Read it wrong xP)

That's OK. I appreciate that you tried your best, and you'll get a mention in the credits of the finished game - I may be able to find a place for the short 16 sec track you made yet, so thank you for that.

Good luck with your other projects! :biggrin:
HomeBrand Gaming.

PENS 3: TIDES OF WAR - A side-scrolling shooter-platformer that tells an epic storyline in a blitz of one-liners and is completely open-world. Rated 5/5 on GameJolt!
SAVE MY SOUL: MASTER 2 - A creepy puzzle-platformer that allows you to warp between dimensions in real-time. Rated 4/5 on YoYo Games Sandbox!

PENS: RELOADED - A remake of the first Pens game - an action-shooter with six enemy infested levels.

PENS RELOADED 2: REVENGE OF THE SPRINGS - A remake of the second Pens game - a side-scrolling aerial assault game that lets you experience both sides of the story.

#67 Lemon Pie

Lemon Pie

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 196 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:36 AM

Hello everyone,
I'm very sorry, but I am unable to complete any more requests at this time, & possibly not for a few months. The charger to my laptop (where I do all my sequencing, editing, etc.) died on me, & as I am broke as hell I will not be able to replace it any time soon. Meaning I can't make any music for you guys as of now. <=/
If you need your request done now, or soon, then you should ask another composer, & leave a reply or send me a message stating not to worry about your request.
Again, I am extremely sorry <=/

#68 SuperAwesomeGames

SuperAwesomeGames

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 101 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:50 AM

Hello everyone,
I'm very sorry, but I am unable to complete any more requests at this time, & possibly not for a few months. The charger to my laptop (where I do all my sequencing, editing, etc.) died on me, & as I am broke as hell I will not be able to replace it any time soon. Meaning I can't make any music for you guys as of now. <=/
If you need your request done now, or soon, then you should ask another composer, & leave a reply or send me a message stating not to worry about your request.
Again, I am extremely sorry <=/

Oh, well that sucks. Sorry bro, I'll probably just wait end up waiting for you to get your stuff fixed though if your still willing to do it. I figure it would be odd if the overall music style just shifted like that.

#69 deathlyangel47

deathlyangel47

GMC Member

• 37 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:49 AM

~~~ What style? Genre? Tempo? Please add a reference (if applicable)

Dubstep, with a fast-ish tempo like The Last pit Of Lava (Dubstep + Epic Melody!) from here

~~~ What feel/emotion? (happy, sad, calm, confused, angry, etc.)

Intense.

~~~ Loop or not?

Possibly. If you find it better, then yes.

~~~ What sound? 8bit style? MIDI? VSTi?

Could you make an 8-bit and a non 8-bit, please?

~~~ How long? (note: Loops will generally be under 2 minutes)

3 minutes.

~~~ Any particular instruments you want? (Choir voices, Electric Guitar, Church Organ, etc.) Does it matter if they sound realistic?

None in particular, just make it sound fitting for the game.

~~~ What genre is your game? Is there a demo of your game available?

It's an action style game and i have a demo, but it's very, VERY unstable, buggy, and not developed. You can find it here

Edited by deathlyangel47, 03 June 2012 - 12:50 AM.

Posted Image

#70 deathlyangel47

deathlyangel47

GMC Member

• 37 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:51 AM

~~~ What style? Genre? Tempo? Please add a reference (if applicable)

Dubstep, with a fast-ish tempo like The Last pit Of Lava (Dubstep + Epic Melody!) from here

~~~ What feel/emotion? (happy, sad, calm, confused, angry, etc.)

Intense.

~~~ Loop or not?

Possibly. If you find it better, then yes.

~~~ What sound? 8bit style? MIDI? VSTi?

Could you make an 8-bit and a non 8-bit, please?

~~~ How long? (note: Loops will generally be under 2 minutes)

3 minutes.

~~~ Any particular instruments you want? (Choir voices, Electric Guitar, Church Organ, etc.) Does it matter if they sound realistic?

None in particular, just make it sound fitting for the game.

~~~ What genre is your game? Is there a demo of your game available?

It's an action style game and i have a demo, but it's very, VERY unstable, buggy, and not developed. You can find it here

Oops, I didn't see that you couldn't do any more music. That's too bad.
Posted Image