69 replies to this topic

#1 Lemon Pie

Lemon Pie

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 196 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:58 PM

EDIT: Currently Closed as the charger to the computer with all of my music software/samples/stuff is broken, rendering the computer useless. I honestly do not know when I will be able to get a new one, meaning I cannot complete any requests for a while.

Sup? As the title (and subtitle) say I am taking requests to make music. This is some of the stuff I've wrote/mixed. http://www.reverbnat...t_songs/2023175

I don't like doing happy-go-lucky/marches/cute/etc.
I do however like doing battle themes, dark songs, sad songs, calming songs, etc.

I am pretty good at RPG & Action/Adventure style music.

Stuff I need to know:
~ What style? Genre? Tempo? Please add a reference (if applicable)
~ What feel/emotion? (happy, sad, calm, confused, angry, etc.)
~ Loop or not?
~ What sound? 8bit style? MIDI? VSTi?
~ How long? (note: Loops will generally be under 2 minutes)
~ Any particular instruments you want? (Choir voices, Electric Guitar, Church Organ, etc.) Does it matter if they sound realistic?
~ What genre is your game? Is there a demo of your game available?

Stuff you should know:
~ ~ ~ All my music created for others will be released as Creative Commons: Non-Commercial, Attributed. Meaning that anyone can use it as long as I am credited & the songs cannot be used in anything that will get you money. It will be $25 per song for a commercial agreement (sorry, but I'm broke and jobless).
~ VSTi instruments and 8Bit instruments usually do not make good loops because they need to be exported as .WAV rather than .MID. They will take time to make acceptable loops.
~ If you don't like a part, or don't like the instrumentation, feel free to speak up. However If I like the song the way it is don't expect changes.
~ All "emotions" in the song are relative to me.
~ All songs will come in .WAV, .OGG, or .MID format.

Please keep requests down to 2 songs. You can always ask for more after those two are done though! ^_^

Lemon Pie

Edited by Lemon Pie, 08 June 2012 - 01:24 AM.

#2 icymx

icymx

Patrick Brett

• GMC Member
  • 800 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:25 PM

Looks good. However, you may want to change the title, as right now it gives people the assumption that you want to learn how to make music (not that you're taking requests). I know the subtitle states that you are but a lot of people don't read subtitles xD
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature,
nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.
Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.
To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits
in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable.

- Helen Keller

#3 Lemon Pie

Lemon Pie

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 196 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:01 PM

Good idea. haha

#4 A.R.T.games

A.R.T.games

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 396 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:17 PM

~ What style? Retro classic video game style, its for main menu music
~ What feel/emotion? calming song, does not have to be too calming, just something to warm the player up to a game.
~ Loop or not? not
~ What sound? 8bit style? MIDI? VSTi? VSTi
~ How long? over a minute
~ Any particular instruments you want? No your choice. Does it matter if they sound realistic? No

Thanks for this topic! Hope to see your good work.
I don't see the glass as half full or empty. Just equal.

#5 Lemon Pie

Lemon Pie

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 196 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:15 AM

~ What feel/emotion? calming song, does not have to be too calming, just something to warm the player up to a game.
~ Loop or not? not
~ Any particular instruments you want? No your choice. Does it matter if they sound realistic? No

I have a quick MIDI render of the first verse & chorus. (It's midi for now to cut down on size until I have the full song done.) Tell me if you like it or not.
http://www.mediafire...5qum40s5ry777vs

#6 A.R.T.games

A.R.T.games

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 396 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:23 AM

~ Loop or not? not

I have a quick MIDI render of the first verse & chorus. (It's midi for now to cut down on size until I have the full song done.) Tell me if you like it or not.
http://www.mediafire...5qum40s5ry777vs

I like the middle and the end. The intro is the only thing i don't like too much. maybe a slower start? Thanks

#7 Lemon Pie

Lemon Pie

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 196 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:49 AM

I like the middle and the end. The intro is the only thing i don't like too much. maybe a slower start? Thanks

Could you send me a demo of the game please?

#8 A.R.T.games

A.R.T.games

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 396 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:10 AM

I can give you some examples:
http://youtu.be/Zf15XwOz7XE
http://youtu.be/lj0oyPNjXN0

I really liked what you had. But basically just something slower. I guess i could just slow it down myself also.

Edited by A.R.T.games, 31 March 2012 - 03:10 AM.

#9 Lemon Pie

Lemon Pie

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 196 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:26 AM

Naah I tried changing the tempo already. Actually that was the first thing I tried haha. The way its built it doesn't slow down very nicely. I'm just gonna start over and save that project for later.

#10 Lemon Pie

Lemon Pie

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 196 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:09 PM

I really liked what you had. But basically just something slower. I guess i could just slow it down myself also.

http://www.mediafire.com/?g7w01yevecn4lz8
I made another you might like. Again it's not the final product (a simple midi render of the first verse and chorus) but it is a bit more like the examples. Slower, and alot more dungeon crawler-esque. Very calming.. Dunno if it will pump someone up to play... or rather go and toke. But hey! w/e right?

#11 A.R.T.games

A.R.T.games

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 396 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:02 AM

http://www.mediafire...g7w01yevecn4lz8
I made another you might like. Again it's not the final product (a simple midi render of the first verse and chorus) but it is a bit more like the examples. Slower, and alot more dungeon crawler-esque. Very calming.. Dunno if it will pump someone up to play... or rather go and toke. But hey! w/e right?

Perfect!

#12 Lemon Pie

Lemon Pie

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 196 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

Perfect!

Here is the finished product. Hope you like it.
http://www.mediafire...mvv5wbc24x3j6it

There is both a MIDI and a .WAV. The WAV is the actual render of the song.
Built in TunaFish w/ Antopya VSTi, 4FrontBass VSTi, Take1 Soundfont VST & Roland Soundfont, and the CelloFan VSTi.

Edited by Lemon Pie, 01 April 2012 - 09:08 PM.

#13 A.R.T.games

A.R.T.games

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 396 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:12 PM

Will give credit thank you!

#14 11clock

11clock

Mech. Game Designer

• GMC Member
  • 2735 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:17 PM

I need music for this game here: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=_EoWGqN6oJw

~ What style? Genre? Tempo? Please add a reference (if applicable) Techno/Retro, medium tempo, listen to music in video above for reference
~ What feel/emotion? (happy, sad, calm, confused, angry, etc.) Adventurous, Courageous
~ Loop or not? Looped
~ What sound? 8bit style? MIDI? VSTi? (note: 8bit & VSTi songs do not come out as good loops) mp3
~ How long? (note: Loops will generally be under 2 minutes.) 1:30
~ Any particular instruments you want? (Choir voices, Electric Guitar, Church Organ, etc.) Does it matter if they sound realistic? Not sure, but I prefer it if it does NOT sound realistic (Does techno/retro music ever sound realistic?), try to make it fit in with the tracks you hear in the video above
~ What genre is your game? Is there a demo of your game available? Retro-Styled Treasure Hunt Adventure Game, demo available here: http://gmc.yoyogames...pic=532047&st=0

This soundtrack will be for ancient ruins in my game that are filled with your average traps (dart traps, boulders, Indiana Jones material).

Nevermind.

Edited by 11clock, 02 April 2012 - 12:53 AM.

qNDVrhl.png

#15 Lemon Pie

Lemon Pie

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 196 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:38 AM

EDIT: Nvm that was a bot, and it's post got deleted.

Edited by Lemon Pie, 07 April 2012 - 05:46 PM.

#16 Lemon Pie

Lemon Pie

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 196 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:51 PM

I am still taking requests, if anyone is interested.
I got some new soundfonts that are supposed to replicate the Square/SNES sound so I might be able to make some cool music in the vein of Chrono Trigger, Secret Of Mana, or FFIV =] (it would be only .WAV or .OGG unfortunately but hey it'd still be cool, right?)

#17 PizWiz

PizWiz

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:39 PM

~ What style? I need it to be fast paced and full of action.
~ What feel/emotion? Happy and Action-Packed
~ Loop or not? Doesn't have to be.
~ What sound? A WAV or MIDI. Whichever is easier.
~ How long?
~ Any particular instruments you want? I would like it to sound more electronic. So I guess instruments don't necessarily matter.
~ Does it matter if they sound realistic? No.
~ What genre is your game? It's kinda a mix of genres. It's fun and full of action.
~ Is there a demo of your game available? Sadly, there is no demo available yet. :(

-I hope you can do it! And, do I credit you as LemonPie? Thanks!

DappZSE.gifplK75jt.gif

#18 Lemon Pie

Lemon Pie

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 196 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:09 PM

~ What style? I need it to be fast paced and full of action.
~ What feel/emotion? Happy and Action-Packed
~ Loop or not? Doesn't have to be.
~ What sound? A WAV or MIDI. Whichever is easier.
~ How long?
~ Any particular instruments you want? I would like it to sound more electronic. So I guess instruments don't necessarily matter.
~ Does it matter if they sound realistic? No.
~ What genre is your game? It's kinda a mix of genres. It's fun and full of action.
~ Is there a demo of your game available? Sadly, there is no demo available yet. :(

-I hope you can do it! And, do I credit you as LemonPie? Thanks!

Great I'll get on that! I should be back with a shortened demo of the track within a few days (probably less than that) to see if you like it.
Credit goes to Tyler "Lemon Pie" Williams.
Also if you could post some screen shots of the game, or similar music you wish it to sound like that will be very helpful. Thanks!

Edited by Lemon Pie, 08 April 2012 - 05:54 PM.

#19 PizWiz

PizWiz

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:48 PM

Great I'll get on that! I should be back with a shortened demo of the track within a few days (probably less than that) to see if you like it.
Credit goes to Tyler "Lemon Pie" Williams.
Also if you could post some screen shots of the game, or similar music you wish it to sound like that will be very helpful. Thanks!

Sorry it took me SO long to respond! But, yeah I have some screenshots, they're not excactly showing much. My game is still VERY young. I need this song for a boss fight which is sorta gonna be connected to the music. So, yeah. :happy:
Here's some screenshots.

[1]
[2]
[3]
[4]

DappZSE.gifplK75jt.gif

#20 Lemon Pie

Lemon Pie

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 196 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:32 AM

Sorry I haven't been getting on this.
I have been slacking off writing my Algorithmic composer instead. (It's so much fun to code though!! check it out link in my sig :D)

Anyways this game looks like it will be zany and crazy and batty.. so I'mma build offa that. I'm feeling really privy to funk for this..

Again, I am sorry, I have just been distracted.

Edited by Lemon Pie, 20 April 2012 - 12:42 AM.

#21 PizWiz

PizWiz

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:02 PM

Sorry I haven't been getting on this.
I have been slacking off writing my Algorithmic composer instead. (It's so much fun to code though!! check it out link in my sig :D)

Anyways this game looks like it will be zany and crazy and batty.. so I'mma build offa that. I'm feeling really privy to funk for this..

Again, I am sorry, I have just been distracted.

Hey, don't sweat it! I'm in no hurry. Just... hurry. :tongue: I'm sure the song will be awesome! Oh, and btw. Nice music generator! :woot:

DappZSE.gifplK75jt.gif

#22 PizWiz

PizWiz

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:19 PM

-Ignore-

Edited by PizWiz, 23 April 2012 - 04:19 PM.

DappZSE.gifplK75jt.gif

#23 Lemon Pie

Lemon Pie

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 196 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:52 AM

Heyo! I've been trying to get something kinda composed but I haven't been getting anything I was up to my standard until this. Here's a quick render up till the first chorus. It's not done yet, and it's probably not what you're looking for but here it is.

http://www.mediafire...13i4rv5g4d3vr6e

#24 icymx

icymx

Patrick Brett

• GMC Member
  • 800 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:53 AM

Hiya there Lemon Pie. I was just looking around this forum and I listened to that song of yours that you just posted.

I reckon it sounds a looooot like this, do you agree? Also, I'm guessing you use FL Studio since I heard some BooBass and 3xosc in there ^_^

Edited by icymx, 25 April 2012 - 02:54 AM.

- Helen Keller

#25 Lemon Pie

Lemon Pie

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 196 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:21 AM

Hai There Icymx!
That song reminded me of Doom =3 (icwhutudidthar-btw) It's similar in a way, both have a pretty fast 8bit beat.

I am actually using TunaFish, which is a much older VST Sequencer, with Magical8BitPlugin for the 8bit intro, DVS Guitar VSTi for the Lead Guitar, 4FrontBass module VSTi for the bass, Take1 Soundfont VSTi and the Roland General Midi SF2 for the drums, & finally DSK ElecTriK Guitar VSTi for the rhythm.
The closest thing to FL that I use is LMMS sometimes. However I prefer TunaFish due to ease of use (except for the fact that it doesn't take advantage of multicore/multithread processing v_v).

#26 PizWiz

PizWiz

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

Hey! I really liked the over all song! It does need a little work after the point of 14sec, though. It gets a little too overlapping and mish mashy there. Anyway, I loved the over all product and can't wait to see a completed version! :thumbsup: :turned: :biggrin:

DappZSE.gifplK75jt.gif

#27 icymx

icymx

Patrick Brett

• GMC Member
  • 800 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:46 AM

Hai There Icymx!
That song reminded me of Doom =3 (icwhutudidthar-btw) It's similar in a way, both have a pretty fast 8bit beat.

I am actually using TunaFish, which is a much older VST Sequencer, with Magical8BitPlugin for the 8bit intro, DVS Guitar VSTi for the Lead Guitar, 4FrontBass module VSTi for the bass, Take1 Soundfont VSTi and the Roland General Midi SF2 for the drums, & finally DSK ElecTriK Guitar VSTi for the rhythm.
The closest thing to FL that I use is LMMS sometimes. However I prefer TunaFish due to ease of use (except for the fact that it doesn't take advantage of multicore/multithread processing v_v).

Ah, ok ^_^

- Helen Keller

#28 Lemon Pie

Lemon Pie

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 196 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:51 AM

@ Icymx Mhmm =3

@ PizWiz I actually planned on and did change that part of the intro anyways. The bass line was causing some dissonance that didn't sound good, so I changed it, and now it sounds pretty good IMO. The song is, also, almost done. I should probably have it finalized tomorrow, or the next day.
Until then here is the incomplete full track!: http://www.mediafire...32pqobe3bam3gzj
Tell me what you think.

#29 Lemon Pie

Lemon Pie

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 196 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:59 PM

PizWiz, I present to you Beating Things. I hope you enjoy it, because I sure as hell enjoyed sequencing it. =)

http://www.mediafire...hknn0bbb6dg6r5v

#30 SuperAwesomeGames

SuperAwesomeGames

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:17 PM

Howdy there LemonPie, have I got a request for you, two requests actually.
The first song I'd like is an upbeat RPG-ish town theme for the adventure game thing I'm making. Something on the lines of Onett's theme from Earthbound I suppose. I have no idea how to describe the sound but here I go, the game has a 16 bit graphical style so the sound could mimic that of a SNES game, or something. The song doesn't need to be very long, maybe around 2 minutes to 1 minute and 30 seconds. And yes, loop PLZ.
Here's a screen of the game if that would help.
Posted Image

The second song I'd like is a sewer theme, because every game needs a sewer level (True facts).
I'd like it to have a lonely, but adventurous feel to it, kind of like that Tunnel Echos song you made, but with a more sewer feel to it, rather than a cave (Did that make sense?). And again, make it sound like it's from a SNES game or something. The length could be the same as the prior, around a minute or 2. And it doesn't have to loop, just make it fade out and then it would repeat, obviously.
And here's sum screenshot gaemz
Posted Image

If you actually respond to this that would be great man. I will of course credit you on the game's title and credits.
If I ever need moar songs I'll probably reply to this again, just sayin'

Edited by SuperAwesomeGames, 28 April 2012 - 08:18 PM.

#31 Lemon Pie

Lemon Pie

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 196 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

The first song I'd like is an upbeat RPG-ish town theme for the adventure game thing I'm making. Something on the lines of Onett's theme from Earthbound I suppose. I have no idea how to describe the sound but here I go, the game has a 16 bit graphical style so the sound could mimic that of a SNES game, or something. The song doesn't need to be very long, maybe around 2 minutes to 1 minute and 30 seconds. And yes, loop PLZ.

The second song I'd like is a sewer theme, because every game needs a sewer level (True facts).
I'd like it to have a lonely, but adventurous feel to it, kind of like that Tunnel Echos song you made, but with a more sewer feel to it, rather than a cave (Did that make sense?). And again, make it sound like it's from a SNES game or something. The length could be the same as the prior, around a minute or 2. And it doesn't have to loop, just make it fade out and then it would repeat, obviously.

If you actually respond to this that would be great man. I will of course credit you on the game's title and credits.

That sounds good to me.
This also means I finally get to break out my SNES & Squaresoft soundfonts 8D Woot!

As for the first song I may have something already partially sequenced from a previous request (it wasn't the style they wanted). Its pretty upbeat and bubbly, although its probably not like what you want: http://www.mediafire...rn7hzree96aium5
If you think it will complement your game well, I will finish out that song, and if it is not I will start a new one =] (tomorrow, or monday, cause I'm tired as hell today from finishing PizWiz's request haha).

And I think I get what your trying to say about the sewer song.. A bit more dank, dirty, & dark and a little less detached & lonely. Which I can totally do.

BTW The game looks great so far, I can't wait to see the final product!

#32 SuperAwesomeGames

SuperAwesomeGames

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:19 PM

That sounds good to me.
This also means I finally get to break out my SNES & Squaresoft soundfonts 8D Woot!

As for the first song I may have something already partially sequenced from a previous request (it wasn't the style they wanted). Its pretty upbeat and bubbly, although its probably not like what you want: http://www.mediafire...rn7hzree96aium5
If you think it will complement your game well, I will finish out that song, and if it is not I will start a new one =] (tomorrow, or monday, cause I'm tired as hell today from finishing PizWiz's request haha).

And I think I get what your trying to say about the sewer song.. A bit more dank, dirty, & dark and a little less detached & lonely. Which I can totally do.

BTW The game looks great so far, I can't wait to see the final product!

It's pretty catchy, but I don't think it'll fit with the town. It sounds more on the lines of happy forest, or field.
And you could do it whenever, I think it's safe to assume I won't finish this game for a little while.

#33 Lemon Pie

Lemon Pie

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 196 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:26 PM

It's pretty catchy, but I don't think it'll fit with the town. It sounds more on the lines of happy forest, or field.
And you could do it whenever, I think it's safe to assume I won't finish this game for a little while.

I agree haha the song is a bit more of feildy/foresty style thing (hence the name of it I guess). I figured that it wouldn't be what you were looking for, however I had to ask anyways.

#34 The Furox

The Furox

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 41 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:07 AM

Hi, i have a request for my scifi-game.
Length: anything over 1min would be great
Genre: Scifi, Action
Instruments: Whatever but must include an electric guitar
Tempo: Fast
Loop: Yes
Other requrements: A catchy electric guitair riff like at the start of this: http://www.youtube....h?v=5HVd_OZ8DbA
Also I would like the guitar to sound like the guitar at the start of the video of the link.

Thanks in advance!

Edit:

Oh and could you make the audio as high quality as possible. As for file format, preferably mp3 but it doesn't matter too much.

Edited by The Furox, 01 May 2012 - 05:11 AM.

#35 HomeBrand Gaming

HomeBrand Gaming

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 119 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:44 AM

Hello Lemon Pie, I am looking for someone who is willing to compose six tracks for a game I'm developing. I have asked two others in the past (the first one was only able to do one track - his one I will be keeping - hence my need for six instead of seven; and the other hasn't provided me with anything and hasn't contacted me in two months). The game is sort of horror-like - dark, creepy and atmospheric, so I'm assuming it's down the alleyway that you like composing for.

If you are interested, please PM me. I'll provide you with the current version of the game and give further details to what I'm looking for.

Thanks for your time,
HomeBrand Gaming.

Edited by HomeBrand Gaming, 01 May 2012 - 06:46 AM.

PENS 3: TIDES OF WAR - A side-scrolling shooter-platformer that tells an epic storyline in a blitz of one-liners and is completely open-world. Rated 5/5 on GameJolt!
SAVE MY SOUL: MASTER 2 - A creepy puzzle-platformer that allows you to warp between dimensions in real-time. Rated 4/5 on YoYo Games Sandbox!

PENS: RELOADED - A remake of the first Pens game - an action-shooter with six enemy infested levels.

PENS RELOADED 2: REVENGE OF THE SPRINGS - A remake of the second Pens game - a side-scrolling aerial assault game that lets you experience both sides of the story.

#36 Lemon Pie

Lemon Pie

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 196 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:48 PM

Hi, i have a request for my scifi-game.
Length: anything over 1min would be great
Genre: Scifi, Action
Instruments: Whatever but must include an electric guitar
Tempo: Fast
Loop: Yes
Other requrements: A catchy electric guitair riff like at the start of this: http://www.youtube....h?v=5HVd_OZ8DbA
Also I would like the guitar to sound like the guitar at the start of the video of the link.

Thanks in advance!

Edit:

Oh and could you make the audio as high quality as possible. As for file format, preferably mp3 but it doesn't matter too much.

Hi,
I can do this, however I am restrained to how high quality I can give you.. I do not have a professional DAW, nor do I have the money for one. I'm going to download a gigantic GMSF2 to make it as good as possible, but still it may not turn out how high of quality you want.

Hello Lemon Pie, I am looking for someone who is willing to compose six tracks for a game I'm developing. I have asked two others in the past (the first one was only able to do one track - his one I will be keeping - hence my need for six instead of seven; and the other hasn't provided me with anything and hasn't contacted me in two months). The game is sort of horror-like - dark, creepy and atmospheric, so I'm assuming it's down the alleyway that you like composing for.

If you are interested, please PM me. I'll provide you with the current version of the game and give further details to what I'm looking for.

Thanks for your time,
HomeBrand Gaming.

Hey there,
Sounds cool, I'll get on it.

@ anyone else
Requests closed for now.

#37 The Furox

The Furox

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 41 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:42 PM

you can wait on mine, I have a friend who has offered to do it so i'll contact you if his doesn't turn out (he really wants to do it).
I'll PM you if his doesn't turn out (it probably wont but i don't want to hurt his feelings.)

Edited by The Furox, 01 May 2012 - 11:45 PM.

#38 Lemon Pie

Lemon Pie

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 196 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:01 PM

Hey there SuperAwesomeGames, I have a quick render of the first verse + chorus of the town theme. It is a bit short(for now) but I think it may fit very well. Tell me what you think [:
http://www.mediafire...zm885zk0g1eg52v

As for the Sewer theme; I am still working on figuring out a good melody. I had something wrote, but I decided that it was kinda ehhhh, ya know?

@The Furox: That's fine by me. I was going to try to do them in chronological order anyways, unless I figured something out that would fit one of the other requests.

Edited by Lemon Pie, 05 May 2012 - 05:04 PM.

#39 SuperAwesomeGames

SuperAwesomeGames

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:02 PM

Hey there SuperAwesomeGames, I have a quick render of the first verse + chorus of the town theme. It is a bit short(for now) but I think it may fit very well. Tell me what you think [:
http://www.mediafire...zm885zk0g1eg52v

As for the Sewer theme; I am still working on figuring out a good melody. I had something wrote, but I decided that it was kinda ehhhh, ya know?

@The Furox: That's fine by me. I was going to try to do them in chronological order anyways, unless I figured something out that would fit one of the other requests.

Wow, so far I kind of like it. It's pretty catchy and I like that WAHOO noise thing in the background. Pretty goofy stuff, JUST LIEK MAH GAEM. I can't wait to hear the rest.

#40 Lemon Pie

Lemon Pie

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 196 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:22 PM

Thanks for your time,
HomeBrand Gaming.

Hey there HomeBrand Gaming,
I was screwing around with one of my short loops yesterday & managed to come out with this loop. It is still short (only like 16 seconds), but it is definitely ambient and creepy as hell (very Silent Hill style :])& it may work extremely well with your finished product. Tell me what you think!

And thus I present A Chorus For The Underworld (Area 51niS70R mix):
http://www.mediafire...aqqsfrbjb0d9pqb

Edited by Lemon Pie, 06 May 2012 - 10:16 PM.

#41 HomeBrand Gaming

HomeBrand Gaming

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 119 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:46 PM

Thanks for your time,
HomeBrand Gaming.

Hey there HomeBrand Gaming,
I was screwing around with one of my short loops yesterday & managed to come out with this loop. It is still short (only like 16 seconds), but it is definitely ambient and creepy as hell (very Silent Hill style :])& it may work extremely well with your finished product. Tell me what you think!

And thus I present A Chorus For The Underworld (Area 51niS70R mix):
http://www.mediafire...aqqsfrbjb0d9pqb

It is a fantastic start, but it is a bit too short for my tastes. It will definitely work in the final game, if it could be worked into something that's about a minute long.

Thanks again!

EDIT: Just had a thought: after this loop, maybe add something that isn't this tune but has eerie ramps in tone, like an alarm (but not piercing or loud - dark, creepy, slow and ambient). Hopefully this will help extend it to a minute long. :biggrin:

Edited by HomeBrand Gaming, 06 May 2012 - 10:49 PM.

PENS 3: TIDES OF WAR - A side-scrolling shooter-platformer that tells an epic storyline in a blitz of one-liners and is completely open-world. Rated 5/5 on GameJolt!
SAVE MY SOUL: MASTER 2 - A creepy puzzle-platformer that allows you to warp between dimensions in real-time. Rated 4/5 on YoYo Games Sandbox!

PENS: RELOADED - A remake of the first Pens game - an action-shooter with six enemy infested levels.

PENS RELOADED 2: REVENGE OF THE SPRINGS - A remake of the second Pens game - a side-scrolling aerial assault game that lets you experience both sides of the story.

#42 Lemon Pie

Lemon Pie

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 196 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:19 AM

It is a fantastic start, but it is a bit too short for my tastes. It will definitely work in the final game, if it could be worked into something that's about a minute long.

Thanks again!

EDIT: Just had a thought: after this loop, maybe add something that isn't this tune but has eerie ramps in tone, like an alarm (but not piercing or loud - dark, creepy, slow and ambient). Hopefully this will help extend it to a minute long. :biggrin:

alright well I'll try to make it longer then. I wanted to add some white/grey noise like someone trying to tune a radio in the background but I couldn't find any sample of it, or any VSTi that made white noise.

Wow, so far I kind of like it. It's pretty catchy and I like that WAHOO noise thing in the background. Pretty goofy stuff, JUST LIEK MAH GAEM. I can't wait to hear the rest.

I think the WooHoo is like a guitar fret sequel or something haha I'm glad you liked at least that much of it.

Anyways tell me what you think so far:
http://www.mediafire...shm0h4ya04pr34t

It's not done yet,but it should be complete within the next 2 days (assuming you like it). You can test it in your game to make sure it fits as it loops correctly already (I've listened to it for about 20min lol now on loop in GM & its a flawless loop lol)

#43 SuperAwesomeGames

SuperAwesomeGames

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:09 AM

Thanks again!

alright well I'll try to make it longer then. I wanted to add some white/grey noise like someone trying to tune a radio in the background but I couldn't find any sample of it, or any VSTi that made white noise.

I think the WooHoo is like a guitar fret sequel or something haha I'm glad you liked at least that much of it.

Anyways tell me what you think so far:
http://www.mediafire...shm0h4ya04pr34t

It's not done yet,but it should be complete within the next 2 days (assuming you like it). You can test it in your game to make sure it fits as it loops correctly already (I've listened to it for about 20min lol now on loop in GM & its a flawless loop lol)

That's pretty funky, And it looks perfectly btw. But do you think you could tone down the speed of 1:00 to 1:13? It seems like an abrupt shift in speed when compared to the rest of the song.
Not sure if I explained that properly, BUT OH WELL. Other than that, I liek it, and thank you.
Also, did I say you should make the Sewer theme around 2 minutes long? If so, forget that and just make around 1 to 1:30, it's a sewer theme. It doesn't have to be super elaborate

Edited by SuperAwesomeGames, 07 May 2012 - 07:50 PM.

#44 Lemon Pie

Lemon Pie

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 196 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:36 PM

That's pretty funky, And it looks perfectly btw. But do you think you could tone down the speed of 1:00 to 1:13? It seems like an abrupt shift in speed when compared to the rest of the song.
Not sure if I explained that properly, BUT OH WELL. Other than that, I liek it, and thank you.
Also, did I say you should make the Sewer theme around 2 minutes long? If so, forget that and just make around 1 to 1:30, it's a sewer theme. It doesn't have to be super elaborate

Alrighty thar! Here is the finished product: Peterin' Around
On the bridge I fixed the backing melody track to not have any 32th notes & replaced the lead there with one from earlier in the song (which actually caused a pretty cool counterpoint melody to emerge), & that "slowed" it down quite a bit (it was never actually faster than the rest of the song, there was just a much higher frequency of smaller notes, which caused that illusion). I also added more stuff to the final chorus, as well as another iteration of it before the loop.
Anyways I hope you enjoy it, I really like the way it turned out.

I'm gonna get back to work on the sewer theme now. =]

#45 SuperAwesomeGames

SuperAwesomeGames

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:30 PM

Alrighty thar! Here is the finished product: Peterin' Around
On the bridge I fixed the backing melody track to not have any 32th notes & replaced the lead there with one from earlier in the song (which actually caused a pretty cool counterpoint melody to emerge), & that "slowed" it down quite a bit (it was never actually faster than the rest of the song, there was just a much higher frequency of smaller notes, which caused that illusion). I also added more stuff to the final chorus, as well as another iteration of it before the loop.
Anyways I hope you enjoy it, I really like the way it turned out.

I'm gonna get back to work on the sewer theme now. =]

Thanks bro, I I'm liking it.
Quick question though, you said the songs cannot be used in anything that will get me money, does that apply if I uploaded the finished game to a site like GameJolt? Because for some reason, on GameJolt they give some of the ad revenue to developers who's games get duh views. I have a few games on there right now and as of now I've received a grant total of 2 cents, WOAH. What I'm saying is, if my game did get duh views (which is unlikely) and got a little more revenue, would I give you some of it, or what? Or should I just not upload this game onto GameJolt entirely and exclusively upload it to Yoyogames to avoid all of this? It's your call, I'd be cool with that anyway.

Edited by SuperAwesomeGames, 07 May 2012 - 11:32 PM.

#46 Lemon Pie

Lemon Pie

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 196 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:17 AM

Quick question though, you said the songs cannot be used in anything that will get me money, does that apply if I uploaded the finished game to a site like GameJolt? Because for some reason, on GameJolt they give some of the ad revenue to developers who's games get duh views. I have a few games on there right now and as of now I've received a grant total of 2 cents, WOAH. What I'm saying is, if my game did get duh views (which is unlikely) and got a little more revenue, would I give you some of it, or what? Or should I just not upload this game onto GameJolt entirely and exclusively upload it to Yoyogames to avoid all of this? It's your call, I'd be cool with that anyway.

If your game doesn't get many hits & you don't make more than a buck or two off of it then it's W/E. I'd rather get paid, but it wouldn't be fair.
If it should get popular & you do start to make money then we'll talk about compensation. IDK, I think that is pretty fair.
The licensing is mostly so people cannot use it in commercial games with out my consensus (See, with my luck, if I licensed a song in CC; AT or Public Domain, someone would put it in an ipad game or something, and that game would go ballistic in popularity xP).

Edited by Lemon Pie, 08 May 2012 - 01:23 AM.

#47 SuperAwesomeGames

SuperAwesomeGames

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:55 AM

If your game doesn't get many hits & you don't make more than a buck or two off of it then it's W/E. I'd rather get paid, but it wouldn't be fair.
If it should get popular & you do start to make money then we'll talk about compensation. IDK, I think that is pretty fair.
The licensing is mostly so people cannot use it in commercial games with out my consensus (See, with my luck, if I licensed a song in CC; AT or Public Domain, someone would put it in an ipad game or something, and that game would go ballistic in popularity xP).

Heh, well if my game somehow goes BALLISTIC in duh views I'll be sure to be like YO LEMON PIE HERE'S A MILLION DOLLAS.
In all srsness, I doubt it will be super huge, so.

#48 Lemon Pie

Lemon Pie

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 196 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:15 PM

Heh, well if my game somehow goes BALLISTIC in duh views I'll be sure to be like YO LEMON PIE HERE'S A MILLION DOLLAS.

Woot! A million dollas! I can pay my way through the best college!! 8D Haha Yea I don't think you have much to worry bout, just make sure to send me a link of the game when your done ;-]
Anyways here's something I composed today. It might work for the sewer theme, however, I am still trying to compose something more fitting. I don't plan to change that song really (other than 16bit-ifying it if you like it).

#49 SuperAwesomeGames

SuperAwesomeGames

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 101 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:54 PM

Woot! A million dollas! I can pay my way through the best college!! 8D Haha Yea I don't think you have much to worry bout, just make sure to send me a link of the game when your done ;-]
Anyways here's something I composed today. It might work for the sewer theme, however, I am still trying to compose something more fitting. I don't plan to change that song really (other than 16bit-ifying it if you like it).

I'll be sure to do that, BRING ON DUH MONEH. And I kinda like dis theme right here.
More liek once I fell down a sewer hole.
Er, anyway I kind of like that. But being a sewer theme, do you think you could make some of the notes, or whatever, have a slight echo effect or something? Just an idea. And yes, non midi pl0x. Unless you'd still like to compose something more fitting, like you said. I for one can't really say for sure if I find the midi version totally fitting as of now either, so sorfjspfjsdfjsidk

Edited by SuperAwesomeGames, 10 May 2012 - 08:02 PM.

#50 Lemon Pie

Lemon Pie

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 196 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:21 PM

I'll be sure to do that, BRING ON DUH MONEH. And I kinda like dis theme right here.
More liek once I fell down a sewer hole.
Er, anyway I kind of like that. But being a sewer theme, do you think you could make some of the notes, or whatever, have a slight echo effect or something? Just an idea. And yes, non midi pl0x. Unless you'd still like to compose something more fitting, like you said. I for one can't really say for sure if I find the midi version totally fitting as of now either, so sorfjspfjsdfjsidk

Woot!
It's midi because I was writing it with a very large high quality soundfont & I didn't want to spend 10 minutes trying to upload it as a .wav xP
I didn't really compose it as a sewer theme Per-Se, but more as just an exorcise to get my creative juices flowing, and see what it became. Which I have lots of, including about 5 or 6 saved up from not so great attempts at making the sewer theme (I thought it was going to be the easier out of the two, too XD)
Anyways I am still trying to get something more fitting (because IMO it is only slightly so).