The SUPER RING ENGINE is an open-source Sonic the Hedgehog engine created in Game Maker 8. The goal was to create an engine that is similar to the Genesis era games. A few of the features are taken from other engines, so credit goes to their respectable owners. There is some documented code to help aid the creation of your own Sonic games.
- A fully editable Sonic engine based off of Sonic 3 for Game Maker 8+.
- 360 degree movement with 8 directional angling. (WIP)
- Spin jump, spindash, Insta-shield based off of Sonic 3 / S3K.
- Some basic enemies, with movement and flicky creation.
- S3 -styled HUD, title card, and level end bonuses.
- Background Engine (For multiple layer scrolling backgrounds).
- A few recognizable gimmicks from the Genesis era, re-constructed for the SR Engine.
- All BASIC Genesis era objects (Rings, springs, spikes, etc.)
- Monitor boxes. (Ring, Invincibility, Norm-Shield, Bubble Shield, Electra-Shield, & Fire Shield)
- Beginning Water engine, with working physics (still a little buggy).
- Testing Zone with gimmicks.
- Near (not nearly perfect) replica of Emerald Hill Act 1 from Sonic 2 included.
*RECORDED BY mrpeanut188
Some documentation is included to help get you started with editing. Feel free to use this engine to your liking. Though it is WAAAYYY far from perfect and has some bugs, it is absolutely usable. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. And if you decide to use the engine, please give credit. A lot of hard work has been put into this.
EDIT: I'm not sure how that cover junk got into the GameMusic folder, but it can all be deleted. All that needs to be in that folder is the Game Music, nothing more.
Edited by MalcomX, 11 April 2012 - 06:30 AM.