#1 FamousJellyfish

FamousJellyfish

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 71 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:22 AM

The Ambitions of Quamuza

Welcome! This is the topic for The Ambitions of Quamuza, a game by the two-man White Sparkle team, consisting of FamousJellyfish and Tyro.
It is a standard platform-shooter where you must explore a mechanical sphere created by an unseen foe, while acquiring upgrades along the way.

Posted Image

Download Link : http://www.box.com/s...df60ab8d7fe6b5c (version 'Fix 2', the third one released)

This game was created in one-week for a now-defunct competition on the GMC. It has since been polished up a bit after its initial release.

Please extract the game before running. Also note that the options are quite limited because of time constraints, and the only two settings are Sound/Music volume --- the latter does not work due to Game Maker's limited support for MIDI files, it would seem, and so I recommend leaving it ON. There is also potential to change the controls, although it's not included ingame.

CONTROLS (TITLE SCREEN) :

Arrow Keys - Move Cursor
Z key - Select

CONTROLS (INGAME) :

Arrow Keys - Move Quamuza
Z key - Jump
X key - Shoot
C key - Weapon Switch
Spacebar - Map Screen
F4 - Toggle Fullscreen (doesn't change resolution)
Escape - Exit Game

If you are having trouble with the default controls, please download this settings file and place it in the save folder : http://www.box.com/s...39beea89e74ed09
This file will change the controls to WASD - Move, JKL - Shoot/Jump/Switch (the other controls remain the same, and the tutorial messages do not accommodate this change).

Thank you for taking the time to check out this game. It's not very lengthy, but it was made in only a short time. If you have any suggestions or errors/bugs to report, please send them my way, through this topic or with PMs, I appreciate any responses. However, I do not intend to return to this project anytime soon, so any major changes suggested will not be implemented.

Goodbye!

Edited by FamousJellyfish, 30 March 2012 - 12:48 AM.

#2 Charmeleon

Charmeleon

GMC Member

• GMC:Member
  • 84 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:22 AM

Great game. I highly recommend this one. If you've already played it, consider downloading it again, because Fix 2 rectifies a lot of the issues I had with it.

#3 slayer 64

slayer 64

Slayer of gingers

• GMC Member
  • 3891 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:35 AM

i think this game is aggravating and repetitive. but that's just me. i think the graphics are pretty good. retro.

#4 Charmeleon

Charmeleon

GMC Member

• GMC:Member
  • 84 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:11 AM

i think this game is aggravating and repetitive. but that's just me. i think the graphics are pretty good. retro.

I kind of agree with that, but it's a good game overall. You should give it a second chance, and if you still don't like it then you're wrong. :confused:

#5 GrandGamer

GrandGamer

GMC Member

• 3 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:39 AM

dude this game looks really cool
downloading, will reply soon on it. =)

okay I played for a little and will more tomororw. its fun. =]
and I liked the graphics coz they were retro and how the guy moves, and all the enemies. the slimes were fun to kill, haha

this was really good for a week game. i hope lots of people play it. i want to explore all the map more and find things, i cna't wait to do that!!

Edited by GrandGamer, 17 April 2012 - 03:29 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users