#1 scotay

scotay

YoYo Games Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 147 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:38 AM

http://yoyogames.com/news/94

YoYo Games attended the Game In Scotland event in Dundee over the weekend. This is the place where Scotlands' top games development studios come together once a year to give presentations and give advice from games design to job opportunities.

YoYo team members Malcolm, Scott and Gavin were on the YoYo stall and enjoyed a very busy afternoon speaking to a lot of interested people about our forthcoming release - GameMaker: Studio.We would like to thank everyone who came along and spoke to us on GameMaker, YoYo Games or passing on a CV.

#2 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 7115 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:08 PM

YoYo team members Malcolm, Scott and Gavin were on the YoYo stall...

stall? LOL. I'd say "booth". To me, "stall" suggests a place to confine animals, or a small enclosure where we relieve ourselves. :tongue: Not that it really matters. I just get a kick out of Scotay's word choices.

Anyway... great picture.

Posted Image

Nice to see what Malcolm, Scott and Gavin look like. :wink: All three of them. With faces showing.

I think we should chip in a buy YYG a camera, so they can take their own photos.

#3 Dark Matter

Dark Matter

RPG Expert

• GMC Member
  • 3196 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:00 PM

stall? LOL. I'd say "booth". To me, "stall" suggests a place to confine animals, or a small enclosure where we relieve ourselves.

I don't really get what you're on about here. It doesn't matter what you think a "stall" suggests, the dictionary clearly defines it: "a booth or stand in which merchandise is displayed for sale". Is something wrong with that? Perhaps the fact some words have multiple meanings?

#4 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 7115 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:32 PM

stall? LOL. I'd say "booth". To me, "stall" suggests a place to confine animals, or a small enclosure where we relieve ourselves.

I don't really get what you're on about here. It doesn't matter what you think a "stall" suggests, the dictionary clearly defines it: "a booth or stand in which merchandise is displayed for sale". Is something wrong with that? Perhaps the fact some words have multiple meanings?

Somebody's grumpy today. :tongue: C'mon, I said clearly that "I'd say..."... and that "to me, stall suggests". I didn't say it was wrong in any way.

Just seemed like an odd choice of words to me. It conjured up a funny image and made me laugh. Like I said, I get a kick out of scotay's style.

#5 Mike.Dailly

Mike.Dailly

Evil YoYo Games Employee

• Administrators
  • 3061 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:40 PM

I suspect it's because Scott and Malcolm were selling apples and pears when no one was watching... :biggrin:

#6 Robert3DG+

Robert3DG+

Designer

• GMC Member
  • 1925 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:44 PM

Apples and Pears and GM Cogs :)

I like how dark it is in there. Very nice show environment methinks.

#7 Mr. RPG

Mr. RPG

GMC's Forum Troll

• GMC Member
  • 3056 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:46 PM

Smart TV? What is that? A new export?

#8 Robert3DG+

Robert3DG+

Designer

• GMC Member
  • 1925 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:52 PM

I think that may refer to the TVs that can run apps like facebook and twitter built into the screen.

#9 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 7115 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:40 PM

Smart TV? What is that? A new export?

They've mentioned this before. "smart TV" just refers to the trend for televisions to have integrated internet capabilities. The term isn't strictly defined yet. Lots of big companies are discussing proprietary system. But generally, smart TV should be able to run HTML5 applications, among other things common on the web.

Edited by chance, 26 March 2012 - 10:40 PM.

#10 masterofhisowndomain

masterofhisowndomain

The Designer

• GMC Member
  • 3650 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:50 PM

They've mentioned this before. "smart TV" just refers to the trend for televisions to have integrated internet capabilities. The term isn't strictly defined yet. Lots of big companies are discussing proprietary system. But generally, smart TV should be able to run HTML5 applications, among other things common on the web.

Is this part of that new trend in making gadgets that sound ingenius, but on closer consideration actually fulfill an already existing capability? i.e., tablets are simply laptops that don't fold out; this "smart TV" is essentially just an awkward computer...

Edited by masterofhisowndomain, 26 March 2012 - 10:51 PM.

#11 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 7115 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:09 PM

Is this part of that new trend in making gadgets that sound ingenius, but on closer consideration actually fulfill an already existing capability?

hahaha... +1 I'm sure Google and Sony would claim otherwise. But there's a lot of truth in your comment.

On the other hand, there's some value in having one device for everything: cable TV, internet, DVD, games (consoles will disappear), phone, home control, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users