• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cobalt2795

cobalt2795

GMC Member

• 1 posts
  • Version:Mac

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:22 AM

Every time i try and run a tiny game I wrote, i try and use the arrow keys on my macbook (OS X 10.7.3) and nothing happens. like it froze. tried using a mouse as an event too. nothing. ideas?

#2 1 Shogun

1 Shogun

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 48 posts
  • Version:Mac

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:10 PM

We would need to see a code example associated with the key or mouse event. But if you are using the key/mouse events to create instances, next time you run the game use the debugger to find out how many objects are in the game. There might be too many, and it is overloading. I have done this a couple of time when trying to simulate weather (rain, snow, etc.). You could also have objects conflicting with each other when key/mouse is used. What does the debugger say as far as the game's frame rate? Also if it is running in fullscreen, try something else.

#3 Dangerous_Dave

Dangerous_Dave

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 9419 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:00 AM

Whenever I run an app from GM for Mac, the window opens out of focus. I have to click on the window to bring it into focus before it will pick up my key presses. Maybe this is your problem?

I haven't had any issues otherwise.

#4 operator error

operator error

GMC Member

• 15 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:14 PM

Whenever I run an app from GM for Mac, the window opens out of focus. I have to click on the window to bring it into focus before it will pick up my key presses. Maybe this is your problem?

I haven't had any issues otherwise.

this happens to me too,its just a problem from when they ported it.when you compile it into a .app though,this will not happen. dont worry,its nothing you did,its just part of the program.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users