Photo
- - - - -

DarkZeta: help me test it my game please?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GerardoLegend

GerardoLegend

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 9 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:50 PM

Hi gamemaker forum geniuses!

My name is Gerardo Valerio, and I created an html5 game called Dark Zeta: Surreal Attack! I wanted to ask a couple of questions relating to certain functions in the game that I want to have working as well as seeing if it's buggy or anything.

So far I tested my game in 5 macs, and 5 windows PCs. From the 5 Macs, there were only 4 of them that my game was working on. From the windows behalf, the same 4 PCs work, but that one isn't. the issues usually stems from XOS issues with that one mac, and the one windows PC has video card issues currently, so it isn't my game (sigh of relief).

It was tested on chrome, firefox, and safari. As well as Rockmelt too, in which the only issue is to clear the catch to start playing the game.

The link to my game is this: DarkZeta.com

So if there is any bugs, tell me. Also! my game is a perfect bug pool of how GM:studio currently is broken. lol but that's another topic. Now my real game questions rises to do a few things that I currently don't know how to approach it.

One of them is:
How to have a score board/leaderboard online with HTML5?

So once you get to play my game, you'll see that a window will pop up when you die. That is if you get at least 2500 points on the score, the window will pop up and ask you to save your name on the board. the unfortunate part is that this is only for that local user, it's not global of course. So I want a global leaderboard where you will be able to save that score online.

I have a database/mysql ready. I have read certain approaches but I wonder if there is a solution for GM:HTML5. Could there be a java extension or something special that goes with GM:HTML5 that helps to do a leaderboard online?

--------------------------

My second question here is:
How to create a local save state for GM:HTML5 game?

I've read about having ini files to extend GM:HTML5 features to save locally. Also, I was wondering if there is somewhat a Konami password system to bypass this to make it feel more like a NES cart? In anyway, I want the game experience to regress for authenticity. I've been debating to do this, but the best bet was to have a Zelda 1 type of saving system locally. If someone can help me here to do this, I'll have a credit page on the game's website so to see who helped me on this project. Right now it's in demo alpha stage, but that's why i'll have folks who help me on the NES manual mock up and on the credits page (where i'll have one up once I get to release v0.07, currently its on v0.04)

You're help will be greatly appreciative! :biggrin:
- g -

#2 dereklarue

dereklarue

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:08 AM

Could there be a java extension or something special that goes with GM:HTML5 that helps to do a leaderboard online?

There is a tutorial in these forums for the online highscores by Dangerous_Dave which can be found >here<.

I believe you can use "file_text_" prefixs and so forth to read and write to an ini or text file that is included with your game. GM:html5 can't create new text files or read ones that are not included with your game, mainly for security reasons no doubt. "Resources->Included Files..." is where you would want to look. I have yet to try this out though.

Good luck with your game!

#3 GerardoLegend

GerardoLegend

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:11 AM

Could there be a java extension or something special that goes with GM:HTML5 that helps to do a leaderboard online?

There is a tutorial in these forums for the online highscores by Dangerous_Dave which can be found >here<.

I believe you can use "file_text_" prefixs and so forth to read and write to an ini or text file that is included with your game. GM:html5 can't create new text files or read ones that are not included with your game, mainly for security reasons no doubt. "Resources->Included Files..." is where you would want to look. I have yet to try this out though.

Good luck with your game!

Thanks man! Much appreciated!!! :biggrin:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users