#1 scotay

scotay

YoYo Games Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 147 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:02 AM

http://yoyogames.com/news/88

Six independent game developers from our own GMC have collaborated and constructed a bundle of GameMaker games called the Indie Underdog Pack (IUP) available via thier website and 8bitfunding from Wednesday 14th March 2012, 5.30pm EST.

The Iup Bundle: is a developer-driven fund-raiser. In exchange for your support, you receive a collection of DRM-free video games. Each of these games are of commercial quality and developed by a small independent developer; usually a small group or a team of two. Your support goes to the developers -- not some big company -- and helps the continued creation of unique and fun games.

The pack aims to provide funding from which the indie developers can distribute their games in order to gain further funding for their next project. The pack costs just $5 and contains the following;

Animal Blast (Virtanen)
Caveman Craig: SE (Parabox Games)
Lazy Brain Games Compilation
Koya Rift (SunnyKatt)
Potion Master (Epic Vessel Games)
Magi (MoaCube)

Other goodies to be included are posters, alpha and beta access to unreleased games and even a say in what games go into the next pack offering exceptional value for money.

Why help the underdogs?

If you believe that little dogs have big dreams, then know that indie developers have big dreams too. Indies take risks that big studios won't. Indies try ideas that wouldn't normally get tried. Indies spend hours and hours creating great games with little-to-no resources, funding or support. Supporting this campaign ensures that indies have a place to distribute their game once it is complete. More importantly, to support the continued development of indie games.

Your contributions go towards the six indie developers who have offered their games as rewards for this campaign - the creation of the Indie Underdog Pack: a resource for indie developers to distribute their games and fund continued development of their project.

The Indie IP Mission: "We want to create a resource where indie developers can distribute their games as a bundle and receive funding for the development of their next project. We believe that indie developers have a big impact on the gaming industry, despite being the underdogs. We hope that you choose to “Indie-UP and support our campaign!”

#2 Desert Dog

Desert Dog

GMC Member

• Retired Staff
  • 6409 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:12 AM

This dog approves this post. :thumbsup:
Really stoked to see YYG's showing some support for those GM dev's!

#3 King Tetiro

King Tetiro

King of Orenna

• GMC Member
  • 2394 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:47 AM

One agrees with the Dog of the Desert. One is impressed with the efforts of the business.

And why for this post did I decide to write my thoughts like the Queen of UK would?
Being serious, this is by far one of YYG's brightest moments. YYG, you really are soaring high!

#4 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 6791 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:45 PM

One agrees with the Dog of the Desert. One is impressed with the efforts of the business.

And why for this post did I decide to write my thoughts like the Queen of UK would?

Her Majesty would never say "one is.." She'd say "we are".

So... We are not amused. :dry:

Posted Image

But yes, this is great. It's nice to see YYG support this. And a worthwhile collection of games too. :smile: I wish you guys luck with it.

#5 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 7935 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:15 PM

Being serious, this is by far one of YYG's brightest moments. YYG, you really are soaring high!

One is used instead of you, not I or we.

Edited by NakedPaulToast, 15 March 2012 - 01:17 PM.

#6 Robert3DG+

Robert3DG+

Designer

• GMC Member
  • 1925 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:12 PM

Congratulations to the developers Posted Image

#7 Joe H

Joe H

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 352 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:21 PM

Hey guys, thanks for all the support!

I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone may have about the bundle or the games within it. We are moving along at a steady rate. It hasn't exploded yet, but we have been happy for every contribution and hope that people keep showing the love :)

I'd also like to thank the developers who have submitted projects for the upcoming bundles. It is really great to see the hard work and effort put into them.

#8 newkill

newkill

Silver Sword Games

• GMC Member
  • 1244 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:19 AM

Nice initiative! :thumbsup:

#9 starfire_64

starfire_64

Galactic Flame

• GMC Member
  • 125 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:59 PM

I'd also like to thank the developers who have submitted projects for the upcoming bundles. It is really great to see the hard work and effort put into them.

Really? Can people submit their games?

#10 Joe H

Joe H

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 352 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:17 AM

Yes, please visit www.IupBundle.org. Under the "Contact Iup" button there is a link to the submission form. Can't wait to see it :)

Cheers,

Joe

#11 King Tetiro

King Tetiro

King of Orenna

• GMC Member
  • 2394 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:29 AM

Yes, please visit www.IupBundle.org. Under the "Contact Iup" button there is a link to the submission form. Can't wait to see it :)

Cheers,

Joe

Will you guys ever take Iphone/Android games into the bundle or is it just PC/Mac games?

#12 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 7935 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:17 PM

Cheers,

Joe

Will you guys ever take Iphone/Android games into the bundle or is it just PC/Mac games?

How can you bundle an iPhone game? They need to be distributed by the App store (discounting jail breaking).

#13 King Tetiro

King Tetiro

King of Orenna

• GMC Member
  • 2394 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:07 PM

Cheers,

Joe

How can you bundle an iPhone game? They need to be distributed by the App store (discounting jail breaking).

I recall there being promotion codes of sorts for iPhone games. So you could do that of sorts

#14 Joe H

Joe H

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 352 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:23 PM

Cheers,

Joe

Any and all projects are welcome to submit their project for review. Right now we are working with a model where something easily accessible, like a game or album, is immediately provided and the project in development is highlighted. Our real goal is to receive funding for those projects in development, so said project could be an app without many issues. What many successful crowdfunding campaigns for apps is offer DLC instead of a download.

#15 Yal

Yal

Gun Princess

• Global Moderators
  • 6962 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:19 AM

This is quite awesome. I am a person that likes to create generic, shallow action games instead of the likes of Braid and LIMBO, but I'll keep an eye out for you guys nonetheless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users