16 replies to this topic

#1 theepicgeno

theepicgeno

BrokenIMG

• GMC Member
  • 926 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:49 PM

TO MODERATORS: I know this is a duplicated topic, but this is the one that will be active.

Poke Wars: The War.

Poke Wars is about poking all of the Pokers. Pokers are the creatures you have to poke to get to the boss. The first is the Dumb Poke, in the menu beside the text "Play". The second is the Medium Poke, the one under Dumb Poke. And the third one is Smart Poke, the one under Medium Poke. The idea is simple: poke the Pokers to get to the boss... easy. But don't get all exited. In the next update, there will be modes: Boss Battle, or Survival. Boss Battle is already in the game, but Survival is when the Pokers fight back. The hardest poke to kill would be the EnderPoker.

DO NOT PRESS E, Press enter.

Pictures will come soon!

v1.5 Download link:
Mediafire
Direct Download

v1.5 (current)
- Added new Pokes: Explode Poke, and Smarty Poke
- Level 2 pokes do damage now.
- Level 3 (Boss) does damage now, and you can lose.

Old Updates
Spoiler

My Highest Miss Points was -1! Whats yours?

Edited by theepicgeno, 25 April 2012 - 03:06 AM.

#2 Charmeleon

Charmeleon

GMC Member

• GMC:Member
  • 84 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:06 PM

Hey, I want to play but your link isn't working for me. Can you put a mirror up?

#3 theepicgeno

theepicgeno

BrokenIMG

• GMC Member
  • 926 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:19 PM

I'm not home yet, but I will when I have time. I'll message you when I have it.

#4 Bjorn Morrison

Bjorn Morrison

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 118 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:01 AM

Yeah, link is busted.

#5 theepicgeno

theepicgeno

BrokenIMG

• GMC Member
  • 926 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:08 PM

LINKS UPDATED!!

#6 Bjorn Morrison

Bjorn Morrison

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:11 AM

A nice simple idea, that could become something very fun. Here's some feedback and ideas:

You really need to change the text that says E to fight boss, or change the key to E. That's a 2 second fix and infuriating. Better yet, make the play click somewhere to fight the boss, as having to reach for the keyboard is unnecessary in this mouse controlled game. Like a "click here to fight the boss". or maybe you don't need that at all and just start the boss fight.
Put the feedback/score text somewhere outside of the play area (make the play area smaller). So place the text low on the screen and make the pokes' random placement be limited to above this (eg y=random(room_height-100)
Have a penalty for missing during the first round of play. Lie you do during the boss fight.
Stop counting misses in the boss fight once the boss is dead.
Count up instead of down for misses.
Have rewards for successful pokes in a row. Either a score, or some audio/visual feedback
Remove the ability to press F1 for help, or put something there. (Global game settings)
Allow the player to click the text as well as the poke thingy to select things in the main menu (make a mask for the main menu sprites to do this)

It's a nice simple concept that could be fleshed out into a fun game.

Good luck,
Bjorn

#7 TheUltimate

TheUltimate

Life is Awesome

• GMC Member
  • 1073 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:42 AM

Lol, I'm seriously getting deja vu here...
Is it just me, or is this the exact same version that you have in your old topic for this game? I realized it after reading it cause that one's on the first page too.
I also figured out the secret to beating the boss. He moves after you have the mouse over him for a second, so you have to click him right away.

TheUltimate

#8 theepicgeno

theepicgeno

BrokenIMG

• GMC Member
  • 926 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:31 AM

A nice simple idea, that could become something very fun. Here's some feedback and ideas:

You really need to change the text that says E to fight boss, or change the key to E. That's a 2 second fix and infuriating. Better yet, make the play click somewhere to fight the boss, as having to reach for the keyboard is unnecessary in this mouse controlled game. Like a "click here to fight the boss". or maybe you don't need that at all and just start the boss fight.

Good ideas there. I am working on a completely new interface, but the same concept. I'll probably use the clicking thing

Put the feedback/score text somewhere outside of the play area (make the play area smaller). So place the text low on the screen

i am fixing that, i made Poke Wars when i thought that the gm variable score was awesome.

and make the pokes' random placement be limited to above this (eg y=random(room_height-100) Sure I will.
Have a penalty for missing during the first round of play. Lie you do during the boss fight. Sure will
Stop counting misses in the boss fight once the boss is dead.Yup
Count up instead of down for misses.Yup
Have rewards for successful pokes in a row. Either a score, or some audio/visual feedback Sure.
Remove the ability to press F1 for help, or put something there. (Global game settings) Sure.
Allow the player to click the text as well as the poke thingy to select things in the main menu (make a mask for the main menu sprites to do this) Sure.

It's a nice simple concept that could be fleshed out into a fun game.

Thank you!

Good luck,
Bjorn

Lol, I'm seriously getting deja vu here... Agreed, lol
Is it just me, or is this the exact same version that you have in your old topic for this game? I realized it after reading it cause that one's on the first page too.

It is.

I also figured out the secret to beating the boss. He moves after you have the mouse over him for a second, so you have to click him right away.

Awesome

◊ TheUltimate ◊

#9 theepicgeno

theepicgeno

BrokenIMG

• GMC Member
  • 926 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:13 PM

Update is coming some time this week, or next. Probably next because it would be spring break for me... Expect an ACTUAL story in v1.5!! This are getting interesting for this game... :D

p.s. Bump.

#10 theepicgeno

theepicgeno

BrokenIMG

• GMC Member
  • 926 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:53 AM

Nevermind. In 3 weeks is my spring break.. grr... Anyway.. tomorrow I will probably have part of version 1.1/0.1 done. So ill upload that.

By the way, has anyone played it yet? Does it have potential? Since you know what the next updates will be, will you want to keep playing? Should I get new graphics? Should I not? Should I stick with this till the end? Please, if you play, comment, and answer some of those questions Thank you. :)

#11 theepicgeno

theepicgeno

BrokenIMG

• GMC Member
  • 926 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:54 AM

So I should end this project...?

#12 wakeskater_X

wakeskater_X

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 452 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:27 PM

If you are giving up after a week (or less) of no comments on these relatively inactive forums then you probably don't have what it takes to finish a game. Not trying to be rude, but just focus on making it what you want and people will try it as you make updates. These forums aren't really all that active so don't get your hopes up on tons of feedback.

#13 Keano

Keano

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:42 PM

You have a good game growing here dude ,, keep it up nd so wat if your not getting feedback from people , if you think your doing good on your game , move on and make updates to it and sooner or later it will grow

#14 theepicgeno

theepicgeno

BrokenIMG

• GMC Member
  • 926 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:07 PM

You have a good game growing here dude ,, keep it up nd so wat if your not getting feedback from people , if you think your doing good on your game , move on and make updates to it and sooner or later it will grow

Thanks. I am going to try to finish this, but I am currently working on a game thats way better then this game. So I won't be finishing this for a long while

Edited by theepicgeno, 23 April 2012 - 08:09 PM.

#15 TheUltimate

TheUltimate

Life is Awesome

• GMC Member
  • 1073 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:27 AM

I am currently working on a game thats way better then this game. So I won't be finishing this for a long while

No offence or anything, but I remember you starting and abandoning about five games cause you kept thinking of something better. Stick with this one first. I wanna see you finish at least one game instead of constantly starting new ones. :thumbsup:

#16 theepicgeno

theepicgeno

BrokenIMG

• GMC Member
  • 926 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:06 AM

Game has a new level, and new pokes! Some do damage! ;D

#17 theepicgeno

theepicgeno

BrokenIMG

• GMC Member