• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 _219252

_219252

GMC Member

• 7 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:08 PM

We are publishing YOUR game on Steam!
This way we want to promote other developer teams and developers. This is your best chance to have your own 5 minutes of glory.

-only bad thing is that your game will be free and you will not be payed!

+ people will play your game
+every week you will get information and statistics
+ your game will be reviewed on several huge gaming sites and youtube accounts

If you want more informations e-mail us: <LINK REMOVED>.
If you want your game published e-mail us here: <LINK REMOVED>

Edited by Nocturne, 09 March 2012 - 09:51 PM.

#2 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 21723 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:18 PM

Would you like to elaborate on how this works? I mean, to my knowledge, only one or two GM made games have been published through steam and it was a laborious process due to the way that steam works. So I´m curious as to how you think you can manage this, and I´m also curious as to why anyone would publish through you as, if their game really is good enough, they can just go to Valve themselves and ask them put it on Steam. I also find it strange that someone who knows so little about programming GM can suddenly offer such a service...

#3 The Legend

The Legend

Unashamed

• GMC Member
  • 1128 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:18 PM

Dude, that's AWESOME!!!! Do u like need an account or something or do u just send it in?

#4 _219252

_219252

GMC Member

• 7 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:32 PM

Well the thing is if somone wants to publish through us, his game would be review by our youtube friends which have 30.000 views per video so that would bring if just a little popularity to the developer, also reviewing sites would review the game.

So my point is: by publishing trough us you get double or triple more downloads than you would get if you published the game by yourself

Edited by _219252, 08 March 2012 - 10:34 PM.

#5 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 21723 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:42 PM

Okay, so you have a youtube channel... care to link it so we can see? And you STILL didn´t explain how you intend to publish through steam. What do you need from the developer? What do they get out of it other than a youtube channel video? I can make a video myself, and (I repeat) if my game is good enough to make it onto Steam anyway (not just any game can get on there) why use you and not do it myself? If you are serious about this then the people you are asking to publish through you need information... And if you are an honest publisher with nothing to hide then you can post that information here, rather than ask people to email you for it!!!!

#6 _219252

_219252

GMC Member

• 7 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:51 PM

1st i don't have yt account, developers game would be review by youtube partners (i cant say which ones)
2nd game published through us would get more popular and maybe if that developer decides to sell their games more people will know them and their games

+ game published through us will get review by GameSpot and others so that means more players

Edited by _219252, 08 March 2012 - 10:53 PM.

#7 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 21723 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:58 PM

Eh? So, you can´t tell us anything about how you intend to market the users game other than some un-named group on YouTube will review it?

Look, at the risk of offending, I´m going to be frank... this sounds like a scam to get peoples games. Sorry, but it does... and the .tk site you have your mail on is blocked by Avast as a potential malware threat! Suspicious, no?

Anyway, look around at all the other publishing topics and you can see that they all have an upfront strategy, as well as a web site. But you don´t. You ask for people to email you and promise to get their game on Steam without giving any information on just HOW your are going to achieve this, and when I ask you for details I get none?!?!? Just some vague comment that makes no real sense :

2nd game published through us would get more popular and maybe if that developer decides to sell their games more people will know them and their games
+ game published through us will get review by GameSpot and others so that means more players

What does that even mean? WHY will a game published through you get more popular? WHY will a game published through you get a review on GameSpot? WHY haven´t you provided a single shred of evidence that you can do what you claim in your first post?

#8 _231699

_231699

GMC Member

• 13 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:13 AM

Dude Nocturne is absolutely right, I will not send in a Game to you and have it published, I would rather go ask YoYo Games to publish it.

#9 _219252

_219252

GMC Member

• 7 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:39 AM

Dude Nocturne is absolutely right, I will not send in a Game to you and have it published, I would rather go ask YoYo Games to publish it.

yeah but yoyo takes 30-40% of sales and it's hard go get game published through yoyo, believe me i tried

#10 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 21723 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:30 PM

yeah but yoyo takes 30-40% of sales and it's hard go get game published through yoyo, believe me i tried

Still waiting for the details of HOW YOU ARE GOING TO GET SOMEONES GAME PUBLISHED ON STEAM. And y'know what? Unless you answer the questions I've been asking, I'm going to have to close this topic as the only conclusion that I can come up with as to why you won't give out any information is that you are just trying to scam people.

#11 beatson

beatson

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 319 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:52 PM

I'm going to have to close this topic as the only conclusion that I can come up with as to why you won't give out any information is that you are just trying to scam people.

Probably best to delete the topic all together. Some poor sod might not read it and get into contact with this person.

Although this guy clearly hasn't got a clue what he's talking about, I still can't see how he can scam people via what he's doing? I can't imagine anyone stupid enough to fall for this actually has a game worth playing/selling. What could he possibly hope to achieve?

#12 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 21723 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:16 PM

Unfortunately, some people think that they can make money off other peoples work... we've seen it before on the GMC where someone asks for the gamefiles (for whatever reason) and then the game turns up elsewhere for a dollar or whatever. I'm not accusing the OP of doing this, of course, but his attitude and posts seem mighty suspicious....

#13 King Tetiro

King Tetiro

King of Orenna

• GMC Member
  • 2486 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:33 PM

I agree with Nocturne, something about the topic seems off... It maybe because Steam are kind of picky about what the game are developed in (From what I heard)

And sadly he's right, we have even seen people hack games just to change the credits and sell the game (Remember the Robbie Swifthand incident folks?)

#14 _219252

_219252

GMC Member

• 7 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:13 PM

ok, here it is.

When some developer wants his game published they send us e-mail with the information about their game, some pictures and video.
Then if we like the game we will contact Valve.
If Valve likes it we will help the developer to get his game published and promoted!

#15 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 21723 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:18 PM

(sigh) Yes, okay, but why you? Why can´t I just go ahead and contact Valve myself? And assuming I DO go through you, what do YOU expect to get from it? (and don´t say "nothing" because I don´t believe that)

PS: This is your last chance to explain just what the hell you are offering in a straight up, clear and open fashion.

#16 _219252

_219252

GMC Member

• 7 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:42 PM

Because i want to help developer to grow, of course they can self-publish, but i know some people from lots of reviewing sites so that can help devs to get more popularity and grow quickly.

#17 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 21723 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:50 PM

Okay, topic closed.

I have given you every opportunity to explain just how you propose to publish peoples games on Steam, and all you have done throw out vague promises about how you can help because you know people. I suggest you seriously re-think your ideas and take a GOOD look around this forum at the sites that genuinely help people market and publish their games (CrySet and Html5 Haven, for example). These people show their site and explain EXACTLY what they are all about. No "email me for info", no "send me screenshots of your game", no "we will get you published on Steam thanks to all my contacts but I´m not telling you how I´ll do it nor who they are." and generally no crap, like sneaky .tk address that link to malicious URLs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users