4 replies to this topic

#1 Chrscool8

Chrscool8

Call me Chris.

• GMC Member
  • 2188 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:11 PM

Hey, I'm sorry for starting a new topic, but being ready to shell out a hundred bucks, I thought I might as well just ask first to be sure.

1) I work in 8.1 now. Using the windows compiler in gm-html5, will it essentially be the exact same use (ignoring the html5 part)? Like, can I bring over my 8.1 projects with no real hassle? Can I pretty much ignore the installed 8.1 from that point on? (extensions, dlls, included files, etc. still good?)

2) Under the $99 price of HTML5 right now, will the Studio upgrade still be free when it comes out?

Well, that's it. Thanks for your time.
Chris

#2 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8298 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:53 PM

Hey, I'm sorry for starting a new topic, but being ready to shell out a hundred bucks, I thought I might as well just ask first to be sure.

1) I work in 8.1 now. Using the windows compiler in gm-html5, will it essentially be the exact same use (ignoring the html5 part)? Like, can I bring over my 8.1 projects with no real hassle? Can I pretty much ignore the installed 8.1 from that point on? (extensions, dlls, included files, etc. still good?)

2) Under the $99 price of HTML5 right now, will the Studio upgrade still be free when it comes out?

Well, that's it. Thanks for your time.
Chris

• Yes.
  • Yes.

#3 Chrscool8

Chrscool8

Call me Chris.

• GMC Member
  • 2188 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:54 PM

That's all I needed. Thanks, NPT.

EDIT:
Well, Included Files don't work right...

Edited by chrscool8, 05 March 2012 - 10:48 PM.

#4 Dangerous_Dave

Dangerous_Dave

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 9414 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:12 AM

if you use "Treat initialized variables as 0" you are going to have issues. I haven't had trouble with including files.

If you are exporting to Windows from GMHTML5, it's essentially just the GM8.1 runner. Nearly everything is the same. Are you having trouble with playing it in the Windows runner or the HTML5 runner?

#5 Chrscool8

Chrscool8

Call me Chris.

• GMC Member
  • 2188 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:26 AM

Interesting. Did they finally get rid of the 0ing? I don't use that.

And yeah, it's the loss of the dialog in included files, like, for having it export to the temp dir and stuff rather than just crapping it all out into the working dir. The framework seems to be in the gmx (not working) but it's obviously not ready yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users