4 replies to this topic

#1 Terrified Virus

Terrified Virus

Moderators Plaything

• GMC Member
  • 751 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:00 AM

Hey guys! I would really like to try out GM: Studio, and was sent a license key for the alpha/beta testing, but for some reason, it won't be accepted. When I press "Get License", first I get a message saying "Download Error: A connection with the server could not be established", and then when I press OK, I get "Unable to obtain a valid license. please check the License Key and retry!". My internet connection is working, and I can connect to yoyogames.com, so I don't know why it is saying that. In the News tab, I get a Navigation to the webpage was canceled error, the same with GM: HTML5, since I bought it. Any thoughts on this error? Is something wrong with the key? Please help people, thanks!

#2 rwkay

rwkay

YoYo Games CTO

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 2171 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:25 AM

Can you connect to http://store.yoyogames.com as that is where all the licensing takes place????

Russell

#3 Terrified Virus

Terrified Virus

Moderators Plaything

• GMC Member
  • 751 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:32 AM

Can you connect to http://store.yoyogames.com as that is where all the licensing takes place????

Russell

I can connect to all the websites, it is just something within Game Maker. I also noticed that in Game Maker, when trying to load a connection to a website in-game, it can not connect.

#4 XTC Games

XTC Games

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 28 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:39 AM

Is your firewall blocking GM?

#5 Terrified Virus

Terrified Virus

Moderators Plaything

• GMC Member
  • 751 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:41 PM

Is your firewall blocking GM?

I don't know, I get some error when ever I try to open firewall to do anything, so that my be the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users