12 replies to this topic

#1 allex24

allex24

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 41 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:02 AM

After the last update when start and save new projects with any objects and rooms and then try to load project I get next error: "'0,5' is not valid floating point value" or "0,100000001490116' is not valid floating point value" and i lose all my objects and rooms (its names change to <undefined>).

I reinstalled old GMHTML5 1.0.111 version and there is no such problem.

Please advise is there any way to solve it.
And how can I get back to previous Version 1.0.215

#2 kamikaze21

kamikaze21

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:34 AM

After the last update when start and save new projects with any objects and rooms and then try to load project I get next error: "'0,5' is not valid floating point value" or "0,100000001490116' is not valid floating point value" and i lose all my objects and rooms (its names change to <undefined>).

I reinstalled old GMHTML5 1.0.111 version and there is no such problem.

Please advise is there any way to solve it.
And how can I get back to previous Version 1.0.215

Yeah!, when i try to load my project:

Posted Image

#3 GameGeisha

GameGeisha

GameGeisha

• GMC Member
  • 4270 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:28 AM

This certainly looks like another locale problem. GMHTML5 is coded to only read floating-point values with the dot as the decimal point, but when it writes floating-point values it follows the locale. As some locales (e.g. French, Spanish, etc.) use the comma for the decimal point, this is why you experience this problem and I don't (probably Mike and his colleagues at YoYo won't neither).

GameGeisha

#4 kamikaze21

kamikaze21

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:35 AM

This certainly looks like another locale problem. GMHTML5 is coded to only read floating-point values with the dot as the decimal point, but when it writes floating-point values it follows the locale. As some locales (e.g. French, Spanish, etc.) use the comma for the decimal point, this is why you experience this problem and I don't (probably Mike and his colleagues at YoYo won't neither).

GameGeisha

Mmmm... if you create a blank project, put an object in your room, save it, close GM HTML 5, open again and try to load your project give this error... this never happened, only when updating to latest version.

#5 vonStauffenberg

vonStauffenberg

GMC Member

• 25 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:34 PM

I've got the same error, please fix it as soon you can.

#6 GameGeisha

GameGeisha

GameGeisha

• GMC Member
  • 4270 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:37 PM

Mmmm... if you create a blank project, put an object in your room, save it, close GM HTML 5, open again and try to load your project give this error... this never happened, only when updating to latest version.

It works just fine for me. Given the corresponding bug report already put on the bugtracker (the OS language cited is Finnish), I am even more certain that this is a locale issue. The only users whom I have observed experiencing this bug are the same ones whose OS language is set to use a comma for the decimal point.

GameGeisha

#7 vonStauffenberg

vonStauffenberg

GMC Member

• 25 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:49 PM

1330889827[/url]' post='3917164']

It works just fine for me. Given the corresponding bug report already put on the bugtracker (the OS language cited is Finnish), I am even more certain that this is a locale issue. The only users whom I have observed experiencing this bug are the same ones whose OS language is set to use a comma for the decimal point.

GameGeisha

I use windows 7 in Spanish and we also use a comma for the decimal point, so lucky english users are not experiencing this nasty bug Posted Image

#8 jn2002dk

jn2002dk

GMC Member

• 58 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:22 PM

Danish user here, i have the same issue

It makes it impossible to use Game Maker because any project i've started is corrupted within a few saves. I've even done multiple manual backups and they get corrupted as well

Does the html license work for 8.1 as well?
Could i work in that while waiting on a fix and then import my projects to html?

Edited by jn2002dk, 04 March 2012 - 08:26 PM.

#9 GameGeisha

GameGeisha

GameGeisha

• GMC Member
  • 4270 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:37 PM

Does the html license work for 8.1 as well?
Could i work in that while waiting on a fix and then import my projects to html?

GMHTML5 licenses do not work on GM8.1. However, you can export to .gm81, work on it with the lite version of GM8.1, then import the modified .gm81 again when you want to run it. I too agree that this is very annoying, but that is the only work-around that I could think of at the moment.

Either way, this is an urgent issue and should be fixed as soon as possible, as a sizable portion of European locales use commas as the decimal point.

GameGeisha

#10 Erik Leppen

Erik Leppen

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2521 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:02 PM

Dutch user here, same problem.

(Just to inform. This seems to be a pretty wide-spread bug.)

Edited by Erik Leppen, 04 March 2012 - 09:03 PM.

#11 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 21516 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:13 AM

it appears that there is some problem with the way the physics functions are interpreting numbers due to windows local settings... Windows should deal with this automatically, but it's not which is why you guys are getting these errors. This will be fixed ASAP and hopefully we'll have a new update for you guys in the shortest time possible.

Sorry about the problems!

#12 jn2002dk

jn2002dk

GMC Member

• 58 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:53 AM

it appears that there is some problem with the way the physics functions are interpreting numbers due to windows local settings... Windows should deal with this automatically, but it's not which is why you guys are getting these errors. This will be fixed ASAP and hopefully we'll have a new update for you guys in the shortest time possible.

Sorry about the problems!

That's fast:)

Thank you for the quick response

#13 _168638

_168638

GMC Member

• 1 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:28 PM

German user ,same problem.
greetz and thx to Nocturne for the quick info ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users