• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 catJACK

catJACK

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:30 AM

Hello.I hope I don't open a new topic about this.
I am a graphics designer (IOS games) and I want to make the entire game, not just the graphics.So, anybody can help me pld, explain me what are the steps to export to IOS;from 0 to the final step.I looked over the internet last days but I did'n find something "real".
I have also pc and mac. pls help me
thank you very much
Jack

#2 niiiiick

niiiiick

GMC Member

• 35 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:47 AM

This should answer all the questions you have: http://wiki.yoyogame...:Studio_for_iOS

#3 catJACK

catJACK

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:29 PM

This should answer all the questions you have: http://wiki.yoyogame...:Studio_for_iOS

THANK YOU.
and its a must to have account on appstore/ apple?
I want just to test my games on my ipod.

#4 Rani_sputnik

Rani_sputnik

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 396 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:43 AM

Yes. To test/publish you must be a certified developer.

To test apps on iOS you need a few certificates which are only granted to people who are enrolled in something they call their iOS Developer Programme.
I believe that you also need to have access to a mac computer to attain the required "developer certificate" and "provisioning profile" that must be published with the app for any iOS device to run it (As they are produced from xcode, a mac only programme).
This page has some in depth info on how to start iOS development, and focusses in particular on setting up Xcode (ie: Obtaining the certificates you require and prepping your mac).
I got to the page above from this page which is basically a step by step guide to iOS development.

If you don't want to pay the developer fee there may be another way.
WrightCS seems to think you can edit a file and then publish without a certificate (but it sounds pretty farfetched to me). Perhaps worth investigating? Source
^^ The above link is someone who asked exactly the same question as you (and me). :D
Hope this helps answer your question.

#5 catJACK

catJACK

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:10 PM

Yes. To test/publish you must be a certified developer.

To test apps on iOS you need a few certificates which are only granted to people who are enrolled in something they call their iOS Developer Programme.
I believe that you also need to have access to a mac computer to attain the required "developer certificate" and "provisioning profile" that must be published with the app for any iOS device to run it (As they are produced from xcode, a mac only programme).
This page has some in depth info on how to start iOS development, and focusses in particular on setting up Xcode (ie: Obtaining the certificates you require and prepping your mac).
I got to the page above from this page which is basically a step by step guide to iOS development.

If you don't want to pay the developer fee there may be another way.
WrightCS seems to think you can edit a file and then publish without a certificate (but it sounds pretty farfetched to me). Perhaps worth investigating? Source
^^ The above link is someone who asked exactly the same question as you (and me). :D
Hope this helps answer your question.

Thank you Rani,
I will check that like, I really want to start working.

#6 catJACK

catJACK

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:17 PM

hello again.
I have a new issue, now Im a registered developer on appstore, but when I follow all the steps in xcode, and when I copy the "Application Oven 1.0.dmg" - from gamemaker studio -IOS folder - to my mac (snow leopard) I cannot open because I need LION 10.7
what I can do?pls help me because I looked a lots of solution...
thank you

#7 catJACK

catJACK

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:07 PM

SOLVED!!!!
I instaled Lion.the only solution

Edited by catJACK, 11 March 2012 - 01:09 PM.

#8 InCreator[EST]

InCreator[EST]

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 137 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:18 PM

This doesn't answer jack sh**.

I'm trying to use PC to test, and the text goes few lines for PC, then suddenly goes on about mac, and ends up nowhere. What's a yoyo runner application? etc

#9 UltimateGoku

UltimateGoku

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:13 AM

It answers the stuff, fyi. Why are you going here if you don't know what you're doing? iOS is one of the hardest platforms to
develop for, because of it being so closed. YoYoRunner is an iOS and android app that lets you test your game on your device.
It is not available on the app store. It is located in %APPDATA%\GameMaker-Studio\iOS. You can find the YoYoRunner ipa file there.
Edit the dmg on your mac with the application oven so that it has your developer certificate. You need to have a developer account to do
this. Next, sync that app to your iDevice using iTunes. Connect it to your pc through a usb cable. Set the target to iOS and press the
green test button to run your game. After the game is compiled, tap the yoyorunner app to test your game.

#10 InCreator[EST]

InCreator[EST]

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 137 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:36 PM

Did everything, dmg found provisioning profile, etc, but "Bake me an IPA" just asks for file name, "thinks" for few seconds and closes. No IPA.
Why?

Edited by InCreator[EST], 27 March 2012 - 02:36 PM.

#11 cotycrg

cotycrg

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 873 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:57 PM

OP. I find that if your game runs on the HTML5 runner just fine, it 99% of the time will have no issues on the other runners. (Since the HTML5 runner is a bit more limited)

Things like .ini saving can be tested on the C++ runner, too. Though I always get crashes if I forget to do a check so the HTML5 runner doesn't try and do those. Point being, if you need time before you can be a registered developer, or want to register later, don't worry about testing just yet. It's a pretty good chance your game will run just fine, especially since we aren't using extensions yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users