• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mazimadu

mazimadu

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 223 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:30 PM

It seems the android runner has a few problems. While it was able to compile a simple example into a YoYoRunner.apk, I get an error message once it loads up.

Error - io Error, Retrying...

What does that mean and how can I disable it? I want to be able to test my apps performance on my Droid Eris (android 2.1).

Also: what version of android is the game compiled for? I would like to the know minimum OS I can make games for.

Edited by mazimadu, 29 February 2012 - 09:09 PM.

#2 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 20946 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:32 PM

Please, refer to the wiki for all things related to Android as we have compiled a fairly extensive list of "how to"´s for these things. It tells you the minimum specs as well as how to setup and troubleshoot these types of problems.

http://wiki.yoyogame...dio_for_Android

#3 mazimadu

mazimadu

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 223 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:37 PM

Please, refer to the wiki for all things related to Android as we have compiled a fairly extensive list of "how to"īs for these things. It tells you the minimum specs as well as how to setup and troubleshoot these types of problems.

http://wiki.yoyogame...dio_for_Android

Looks like the minimum specs isn't a problem for me. The problem is that the runner is listing my device as a WiFi device and is trying to connect to the internet (why does it need to do that?). The thing is, this device off the network and is stuck in airplane mode. This means it can't connect to anything (which is why I use it for debugging).

Is there another way to test without a connection.

#4 YellowAfterlife

YellowAfterlife

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3825 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:55 PM

If you will connect device to computer via usb cable, in 'charge only' mode (see configuration steps on wiki), GameMaker:Studio will attempt to use adb to deliver files to device. This requires no WiFi - only a cable and a accessible SD card on device.

#5 mazimadu

mazimadu

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 223 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:09 PM

Ok, thanks. Initially it was still asking for a connection but it soon disappeared after I recompiled.

Also, is there a way to use DDMS on this, i would like to get some performance data :biggrin:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users