4 replies to this topic

#1 HomeBrand Gaming

HomeBrand Gaming

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 106 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:27 AM

Unleash your inner Pen and save their world from annihilation in the madness of PENS: RELOADED!

Go to the game's GameJolt page to download it by clicking on this sentence.

The original version of PENS was awful. As its developer, I have essentially disowned it. However, I didn't give up on it, as evidenced by the fact that there are sequels to it. So, without further ado, may I present the much improved and much fixed remake, PENS: RELOADED! This is the game as it was supposed to have been. Absolutely everything is updated and overhauled. Just look at these screenshots for visual comparison!

Level1.png

Level2.png

Boss3.png

Boss2.png

PENS: RELOADED changes from the original:
- Major graphical overhaul - everything has been completely redone!
- All-new, original music - by spectacular composers Nijg, MUSIC MAKER, Evano, and Bofelito!
- Improved control scheme - playing Pens is no longer finger-warping!
- Updated level design - it's no longer possible for a mission to be incompletable!
- Rewritten story - a newly designed story tells the tale of the Pens like it was supposed to be!
- Extreme overhaul of the game's engine - glitches have been annihilated!
- And much more!

PENS: RELOADED features:
- Six enemy infested, action-packed missions!
- Six tactical boss battles!
- Five different weapons!
- An amusing story of revenge, redemption, and revelation!
- And much more!

!!!NOTICE!!!
The first level features a tutorial that requires you to complete each segment of it before you can continue. You can effectively skip it by pressing Enter each time Commander Pentagon begins taking, which skips the dialogue, and then by executing the required action. It isn't possible to fully skip it due to it requiring each action be completed, but this will speed it up if you know what to do.

Edited by HomeBrand Gaming, 26 July 2014 - 11:13 AM.

#2 Stevie-J

Stevie-J

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 33 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:23 AM

Good fun game!
It's a bit to easy, although I still don't know how to kill the 3rd boss.
You should make some different enemies that can jump up stuff, and maybe throw back bombs.
Other than that I enjoyed it very much!
Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

#3 HomeBrand Gaming

HomeBrand Gaming

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:30 AM

Good fun game!
It's a bit to easy, although I still don't know how to kill the 3rd boss.
You should make some different enemies that can jump up stuff, and maybe throw back bombs.
Other than that I enjoyed it very much!
Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

Thanks! I was planning on changing a bit more from the original release (more enemies etc.) but I wanted it to be a simple green vs red story rather than adding stuff that didn't fit with the existing storyline. The reds kept their original programming from the first release because (at the time) it was the best AI I had created... and for this release, it added a touch of humour by making them super stupid. I'm not going to update it because this remake is what I had envisioned for the original, and I don't plan on straying too far from that vision.
I'll give you a hint for Commander Hexagon get in close when his shield disables and punch him. For other bosses, experiment - if one weapon does nothing, move on to another. If it does nothing the first time, it's very likely that it won't do anything a second time.

Thanks again for your feedback!
HomeBrand Gaming

Edited by HomeBrand Gaming, 15 November 2012 - 06:06 AM.

#4 MMMStudios

MMMStudios

GMC Member

• 136 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:05 PM

i cannot pass the first level there is a bunch of invisible walls all over the place i rate it 0.1\5

#5 HomeBrand Gaming

HomeBrand Gaming

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 106 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:01 PM

i cannot pass the first level there is a bunch of invisible walls all over the place i rate it 0.1\5

In order to pass the invisible walls, you need to complete the tutorial. You can skip the dialogue by pressing the enter key, and then complete the section of tutorial relating to it (so for the target section, you need to destroy the target relating to the weapon being described) in order to pass the invisible walls. Maybe I should have pointed this out sooner, sorry about that.

Edited by HomeBrand Gaming, 15 November 2012 - 06:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users