12 replies to this topic

#1 GreenMeteorTeam

GreenMeteorTeam

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 183 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:44 PM

It's true, I was stalked by Slender Man in my dreams during the development of the game - complete with the camera effects happening to my vision, asleep, and awake in daydreams. That'll teach me to make a horror game where the AI requires lots of testing. For those that don't know, Slender Man is an urban myth about a tall, faceless, man in a suit who stalks people and causes footage to be corrupted. The Endermen of Minecraft were heavily inspired by it.

Anyway, here are some clips from the game; sorry in advance for the graphics :P Though some people have said they add to the scariness, tell me what you think.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qtzrjgvtxs
Posted Image
Posted Image

I was given 3-4 weeks to complete a scary game for a Halloween competition on 64Digits and this was the result. If you like weeping angels from Dr. Who then you'll be able to figure out Slendy's AI pretty fast, but I still find it difficult to make it through without blacking out at least once. So give it a play, tell me what you think!

Slender Man game page on my site

Direct Dropbox Download

Controls are WASD, left mouse button, and right mouse button. Use them on stuff  :)
Hitting escape will cause you to exit the game immediately.

Edited by GreenMeteorTeam, 12 April 2012 - 06:44 PM.

#2 masterofhisowndomain

masterofhisowndomain

The Designer

• GMC Member
  • 3650 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:01 PM

Very effective psychological horror game, had me genuinely anxious throughout. There's a great pervading sense that something is not quite right, and the introduction with the broken down car was very convincing. Overall, a game that's well worth looking at.

#3 Newly Discovered

Newly Discovered

Harmonious Genius

• GMC Member
  • 2475 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:23 PM

I agree. I was afraid. One thing I didn't like, was that there were so many of the normal masked people.
The first one I saw creeped me out...but after that they weren't scary at all. the tall guy always made me run though.

If I were to change anything, it could be the gun. I might do a knife that when they jump on your, you could stab them.
edit: Oh right, and I would lessen the view bobbing while running. it is WAY too annoying!

Good work!

Edited by Newly Discovered, 28 February 2012 - 11:24 PM.

#4 coco13

coco13

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 201 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:14 AM

Pretty good man. 4/5. I only wish I could've figured out what to do after inserting the second video tape. The "go" one. :( Walkthrough or hint to keep me going? x) Great job man.

#5 Vile Smile

Vile Smile

Oh, Outrageous!

• GMC Member
  • 553 posts
  • Version:GM7

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:10 AM

Incredibly scary! ::lmao::

coco13, after seeing the 'go' video...
Spoiler

My only complaint is that there is little challenge. Otherwise, a good game.

4/5 :thumbsup:

Edited by Vile Smile, 13 March 2012 - 03:10 AM.

#6 GreenMeteorTeam

GreenMeteorTeam

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 183 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:56 PM

Thanks so much for the replies everyone!

@Joseph/ND - Yeah, those masked guys can get overwhelming before you get the gun. Yet I only placed 2 in the game... If you play again and pass out, immediately run back to where you passed out and look on the ground...

Originally I planned on letting the player pick up rocks and drop them on a fallen masked man to kill one or break a leg. But that just seemed too violent :/

@Vile Smile - Thanks for giving the tip, challenge is definitely my main focus for next projects like this, the lack of it tends to make it less "gamey".

I finally figured out how to embed the Youtube video here in the post so that's done. And this was featured on retroremakes.com (now One Word: Videogames) a little over a week ago!

Edited by GreenMeteorTeam, 23 April 2012 - 02:04 PM.

#7 Natedog9145

Natedog9145

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 16 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:58 PM

PewDiePie played this game and made a video about it!

:D

#8 creativebunch

creativebunch

The Bunchiest

• GMC Member
  • 893 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:31 AM

I saw PewDiePie play this game recently when I was looking for other Slender games, but I didn't realise it was a GM game.

Based on the video and screenshots the graphics and models are nicely done, I'll be sure to play this... Tomorrow, when it's daylight.

#9 Justin Nitro

Justin Nitro

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 140 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:40 AM

Wow, I Didnt Know That This Game Was Made In Game Maker!

#10 Chi Mai

Chi Mai

GMC Member

• 1 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:03 AM

The Dance Begins is a beautiful musical piece, have you made it yourself?

#11 Druid

Druid

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:27 AM

After few years... I still think  that this is the best slenderman game. But.. Why is not on gamejolt? :D

#12 GreenMeteorTeam

GreenMeteorTeam

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 183 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:05 AM

Good question :P I think I should make the Mac port first but it seems like a good idea.

#13 Greenhawk911

Greenhawk911

SHS Drumline

• GMC Member
  • 628 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:04 AM

Hey I remember you. You helped me with my killstreaks a couple years back when I was new to the forum.  :woot:  your game looks good downloading

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users