GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 359 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:05 AM

Posted Image

UPDATES

NEW DESIGN!
LunchGaming now has a much more calm, streamlined layout. Check it out!
http://www.lunchgaming.com/

Old design: OLD DESIGN
New design: NEW DESIGN

ANIMATED SLIDESHOW!
There is now a dynamic slideshow with pictures and links of the best games. Maybe yours is there?

For any feedback to the designs, just post in this thread.

Thank you!

WHAT IS THIS?
Do you need somewhere to host your game? Somewhere where your game will be seen played, receive comments and ratings? Somewhere where you, along the line may even make some money off your games? Then you've come to the right place. LunchGaming.com is a new, upcoming game portal for HTML5 games. With just a few clicks you can register an account and start uploading all your HTML5 games. It's easy, fast and safe.

The plan
LunchGaming is currently in beta and upstart phase, but we fully plan to have a marketing campaign once enough content is online. When that happens we will start getting the mainstream gamer in, and start gaining traffic. Once that happens we will get in touch with advertisers and start making revenue - that we will then share fairly with all our contributing game developers. In all honesty it's difficult to say how this will work right now, and we do not wish to promise something yet - but if/when revenue starts coming in, we're thinking of launching a payment scheme in style with sites like Kongregate.

So LunchGaming is a portal where your game can receive:
  • Hosting
  • Plays
  • Comments
  • Ratings
  • And somewhere along the line - money for the developer (you)

To the developer
We also offer hosting for ALPHA and BETA projects that are also shown on the frontpage - so LunchGaming is definitely also a place you want to go if you're looking for both developer and mainstream gamer feedback on a WIP project.

Features:
LunchGaming.com is currently in beta, but already it features:

• Dynamic frontpage overview of the hottest items (think sandbox.yoyogames style)
  • All games on the frontpage gets equal amount of time, ensured by a reliable queue algorithm
  • Comment on games
  • Rate games (1-10)
  • Your name is associated with all your games, so if someone clicks your name, they can see all other games you've uploaded
  • Serious feedback guarantee: ratings are only allowed by registered users and a user can only rate every game one time
  • Security: among other security (and quality) related features, all games are manually tested before allowed onto the frontpage
  • Easy upload pipeline - simply zip your gamefolder following a few simple steps and the rest is taken care of
  • Automatic notifications of relevant stuff by email (when your game is accepted after review for example)
  • Your own profile with avatar and all the small things your want to fill out about yourself (or leave blank, your choice!)
  • FAQ and Support list - and if it's not extensive enough, it's easy and fast to contact support!

Upcoming features
And here is a list of features that will come post-beta along the way:

• PrivateMessage System
  • Guestbook System
  • Friend List
  • Favorite/Bookmark List (Played)
  • Block/unblock user
  • Report game (bug/offensive/copyright/other)
  • Report user
  • Facebook share/like on specific game
  • Advanced search feature
  • Forum

Final words
LunchGaming is a project that is just now starting up, but we aim for the sky. We want to grow huge in this area - and we are dedicated to pour hours upon hours into getting there.
And you can help it grow!

We are constantly expanding and growing, making new features and trying to respond to a webbased community that is always changing and moving in new directions.

Why not be among the first to have your game here? Register now and upload your first game in two minutes - you won't regret it.

www.LunchGaming.com

Edited by Elminster, 02 March 2012 - 08:21 AM.

#2 Thaudal

Thaudal

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 359 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:17 AM

UPDATED.

Now with permission from the staff. Please take another look - a few users already have, and they're happy they did. :)

#3 Thaudal

Thaudal

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 359 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:21 AM

Alright everyone, LunchGaming now officially has a new design. A lot of you were complaining about the look and feel of the design being a bit amateurish, and so we'd really like you guys to check out the new (and hopefully) improved one.

There's also an animated slideshow featuring some of the best games - maybe yours can get in that too.

We'd really appreciate any feedback - and as always, more games!

Thank you.

http://www.lunchgaming.com/

#4 beatson

beatson

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 319 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:18 AM

You really need to put more effort into the design of the site. I don't know where you got the idea to blur everything, but I'd rethink on that particular decision. There are also a lot of little, but noticeable 'errors' in the design. For example, the footer is not inline with the rest of the page, the "login" text at the top seems to be vertically aligned top, where as the password is vertically aligned in the middle. Also, the way you display games (when searching) could be done a lot better. You have them displaying vertically down, aligned to the left. This leaves a very large, blank, unpleasant area to the right. Actually, the whole site content could be designed better - it needs some form of container, to differ it from the background. You also need to make a better menu. Style it, make it stand out. A menu with simple text (that has no hover effect... at all) looks extremely unprofessional.

You need to tweak a lot of things - especially the little things (like taking the border off of the iframe that contains the image slider).

All of this was based from a view in Google Chrome

Hope this helped.

#5 Psalms23

Psalms23

GMC Member

• 163 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:57 AM

I like the design. Is there an option for the uploader to have an add placed near the game.. Or for the link on the site to lead to their actual site?

#6 max_r_61270

max_r_61270

GMC Member

• 411 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:31 PM

Very good start. I'm impressed. I'd definitely work on the design, and logo

#7 Thaudal

Thaudal

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 359 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:47 PM

You really need to put more effort into the design of the site. I don't know where you got the idea to blur everything, but I'd rethink on that particular decision. There are also a lot of little, but noticeable 'errors' in the design. For example, the footer is not inline with the rest of the page, the "login" text at the top seems to be vertically aligned top, where as the password is vertically aligned in the middle. Also, the way you display games (when searching) could be done a lot better. You have them displaying vertically down, aligned to the left. This leaves a very large, blank, unpleasant area to the right. Actually, the whole site content could be designed better - it needs some form of container, to differ it from the background. You also need to make a better menu. Style it, make it stand out. A menu with simple text (that has no hover effect... at all) looks extremely unprofessional.

You need to tweak a lot of things - especially the little things (like taking the border off of the iframe that contains the image slider).

Hope this helped.

Thank you for some very honest and very useful feedback. I appreciate it!

There are two things I don't quite follow:
"the footer is not inline with the rest of the page" - What do you mean spefically by this?
"the whole site content could be designed better - it needs some form of container, to differ it from the background" - Any suggestions?

I am also thinking about replacing the current background picture and doing something more interesting. Don't know what yet though, so suggestions are very welcome.

As of now I've updated the following based on your critique:
-Login text should now align correctly
-Games in search and browsing is now displayed in a more traditional "gridview" manner
-Simple (but I think elegant) hover effect has been added to top and sub menu
-Border removed from imageslider (am going to add a nice intended border effect instead manually, but more on that later)

I hope the above is to your (and others') satisfaction. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

I like the design. Is there an option for the uploader to have an add placed near the game.. Or for the link on the site to lead to their actual site?

Thank you! I am very happy that you like it, and hope you will enjoy it even more now with the small improvements mentioned above.

Well, the idea is to keep everything within the same portal. However, you can and should feel free to use your game on LunchGaming to advertise your own website. In that regard I suggest two things:

1: Make an in-game link in your game (in the menu or any other appropriate place) and have the game application itself redirect to your website when clicked.
2: Your account name is displayed for other users as a link to your profile. In the profile you can add profiletext where you can link to your own website. :)

Hope that helps and answers your question.

#8 Thaudal

Thaudal

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 359 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:49 PM

Very good start. I'm impressed. I'd definitely work on the design, and logo

Thank you, I'm glad you seem to like it. Feel free to upload any games you wish to share!

The design is constantly being worked on and improved. As always, any suggestions are welcome, and we are very open to user feedback. We want you to enjoy the design!

#9 beatson

beatson

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 319 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:08 PM

Hope this helped.

Thank you for some very honest and very useful feedback. I appreciate it!

There are two things I don't quite follow:
"the footer is not inline with the rest of the page" - What do you mean spefically by this?
"the whole site content could be designed better - it needs some form of container, to differ it from the background" - Any suggestions?

I am also thinking about replacing the current background picture and doing something more interesting. Don't know what yet though, so suggestions are very welcome.

As of now I've updated the following based on your critique:
-Login text should now align correctly
-Games in search and browsing is now displayed in a more traditional "gridview" manner
-Simple (but I think elegant) hover effect has been added to top and sub menu
-Border removed from imageslider (am going to add a nice intended border effect instead manually, but more on that later)

I hope the above is to your (and others') satisfaction. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

It's starting to look better.

"the footer is not inline with the rest of the page" - The blue box at the bottom isn't quite aligned in the centre (on Google Chrome, at least).
"the whole site content could be designed better - it needs some form of container, to differ it from the background" - Hmm, just a simple solid-colour background would do, maybe with a right side column (You could put an ad in there or news - twitter feed maybe?).

You need to fix the blurring design though.

#10 theepicgeno

theepicgeno

BrokenIMG

• GMC Member
  • 926 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:31 PM

awesome new layout. I like it!

#11 Loaf

Loaf

Just loafing around

• GMC Member
  • 1516 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:00 PM

You still around Elminster? Been having trouble getting in contact with you.

#12 Thaudal

Thaudal

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 359 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:48 AM

Yeah, still around - PM'd you back. Sorry for the lack of presence!

In other news: we're seriously hungry for some games to review. Anyone wants to upload some neat games?

#13 theepicgeno

theepicgeno

BrokenIMG

• GMC Member
  • 926 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:02 AM

Yeah, still around - PM'd you back. Sorry for the lack of presence!

In other news: we're seriously hungry for some games to review. Anyone wants to upload some neat games?

I actually have a good game to upload! Give me a couple days, and you'll have a game!

#14 Thaudal

Thaudal

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 359 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:29 PM

I actually have a good game to upload! Give me a couple days, and you'll have a game!

That sounds great! Can't wait to see it! :)

#15 Schreib

Schreib

Valen Shadowbreath

• GMC Member
  • 1455 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:25 AM

What's next? Halaster's "Dinner Diversions"? Khelben "Blackstaff's" "Breakfast Bemusements?" Merlin's "Mealtime Merriments"?

Wait, I've got another one! Gandalf's "Grub Gaming?"

Also, why is your logo a picture of the Sandvich?

Posted Image

Edited by Schreib, 17 March 2012 - 05:27 AM.

#16 Thaudal

Thaudal

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 359 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:31 PM

What's next? Halaster's "Dinner Diversions"? Khelben "Blackstaff's" "Breakfast Bemusements?" Merlin's "Mealtime Merriments"?

Wait, I've got another one! Gandalf's "Grub Gaming?"

Also, why is your logo a picture of the Sandvich?

Posted Image

I see you don't like it when conventions are broken. We can't all be clinically mainstream. And that's fine.

The site is aimed towards casual gamers - the sandwhich is a pun on that the typical audience would be someone playing some casual no-brainer game during their 10 minute lunchbreak. Need further explaining spoon-feeding?

#17 Thaudal

Thaudal

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 359 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:20 PM

Just wanted to let people know that new features has been selected. Check to see if your game is in the slideshow. ;)

#18 True Valhalla

True Valhalla

ಠ_ಠ

• Retired Staff
  • 5197 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:27 PM

Sorry, we are looking to cut back on the amount of topics like this in Distributing. Please consider posting a topic for your site in Website Announcements instead.

If you'd like your existing topic moved contact a moderator.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users