• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Craig Davidson

Craig Davidson

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 139 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:32 PM

I am interested in making my own Online Game, but unfortunately, I have a problem. Say I make a custom character, based on data that I've made in a character editor. If I'm making an online game, how can I synchronize the slave character on the other player's computer so that it would have the same data and traits as the master character on the main computer? And can the same function also be used to synchronize level data? I'm using MPlay, so is there a solution to this problem. If anyone can help me, please let me know. I will greatly appreciate it.

#2 2DLuis

2DLuis

Graphic Designer

• GMC Member
  • 2504 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:23 AM

Learn about networking packets. Use unique packets with unique byte identifiers to send data over the buffer. I highly advise using 39dll, and even then 39dll isn't good.. Create a TCP connection socket for must-be-delivered messages and a UDP "socket" for sending movement updates (which don't always need to arrive, lack of "handshake").

You can take a look at my open source C++ server and gml client in my signature if you're interested in switching over to 39dll.

Edited by 2DLuis, 24 February 2012 - 12:24 AM.

#3 Craig Davidson

Craig Davidson

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 139 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:59 AM

Learn about networking packets. Use unique packets with unique byte identifiers to send data over the buffer. I highly advise using 39dll, and even then 39dll isn't good.. Create a TCP connection socket for must-be-delivered messages and a UDP "socket" for sending movement updates (which don't always need to arrive, lack of "handshake").

You can take a look at my open source C++ server and gml client in my signature if you're interested in switching over to 39dll.

How can I achieve networking packets with the MPlay functions?

Edited by Craig Davidson, 28 February 2012 - 04:01 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users