4 replies to this topic

#1 sasuke12

sasuke12

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 163 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:14 PM

Hello my name is Alex,

I have recently been working on an App for the computer specifically games and buisness called Logo Creator. The title is a bit boring but that's just what it is! When I finish you will be able to make top of the line, legit logos or even title screens or anything really! I posted this in the WIP section, but no one is replying to it, so I was wondering if it is even a good idea? The questions I am asking myself now is... Should I waste my time making this? Am I just not advertising it in the right way? Maybe if I keep going, it might attract more people? I'm not sure why it isn't getting much publicity but I have come here to get your thoughts on if I should continue or drop and move on... If I drop it, what application would you like to see? I have been working with a complex .dll but it seems to be very good for applications, so I will wait to hear your replies!

Thanks!

#2 mach3000

mach3000

GMC Member

• 47 posts
  • Version:None

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:05 PM

I just figured out what WIP meant and got a chance to try the app out. (sorry for my previous post if ya read it)

First impression: I like the logo you have for it

For some reason, it took a really long time to load on my laptop. I didn't get very far into testing it out. Maybe add a small tutorial on where to start, what each button does and what to expect from the app?

I'm guessing that each upgrade will add more images to the library.

I didn't see a text editor anywhere. So, by logo, you mean an image logo? Or is a text editor planned but not programmed yet?

Here's the thing, your aim is top of the line logos. It's going to be a challenge. I use an app called GIMP for graphic design. I like GIMP because it's free and does almost everything photoshop does (text editor in photoshop is so much better). It's not exactly the same as what you're trying to offer because you intend to have a preloaded library of images.

Sounds like you've put alot of time into programming what you have. Remember: you said top of the line logos. Are you willing to put TONS more time into it for all the features people may want? I didn't see a button to change the color of the image (if there is one, I must have missed it, my bad). I would use GIMP as a main competitor. Painfully honest question: Why should someone learn how to your app with limited image library when s/he can learn how to use GIMP and just google for images and edit them him/herself? Will your app eventually offer anything better than other image editing apps?

I believe anything is possible. With alot of passion and hardwork, maybe someday people will use Logo Creator because it'll make things easier and better somehow. Good luck ;)

Edited by mach3000, 22 February 2012 - 08:32 PM.

#3 sasuke12

sasuke12

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 163 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:31 PM

All future feature will include:

There will be a function to let you change background color, and change the color of the logo you insert...

I will let you upload your own images and then reposition and resize them...

You will be able to add text boxes, transparent or not, and be able to reposition and resize them.

You will be able to change font style, color, and size.

There will be a lot more features, and I've only worked on the program for about a month whenever I had the time! I will also change the way you insert symbols, but this is not even version 1 yet!

#4 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 6822 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:10 AM

When I finish you will be able to make top of the line, legit logos or even title screens or anything really! I posted this in the WIP section, but no one is replying to it, so I was wondering if it is even a good idea?

Making these applications is a great way to improve your programming skills. So I admire your effort. :smile: +1

But don't be disappointed if few people want it. The trouble is, there are lots of free applications that do the same thing. Some even come bundled with Windows. So it's hard to get users interested in a GM app like this.

Edited by chance, 23 February 2012 - 12:12 AM.

#5 sasuke12

sasuke12

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 163 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:22 AM

When I finish you will be able to make top of the line, legit logos or even title screens or anything really! I posted this in the WIP section, but no one is replying to it, so I was wondering if it is even a good idea?

Making these applications is a great way to improve your programming skills. So I admire your effort. :smile: +1

But don't be disappointed if few people want it. The trouble is, there are lots of free applications that do the same thing. Some even come bundled with Windows. So it's hard to get users interested in a GM app like this.

Understood thank you! And yes, it has helped challenge my capabilities as a programmar!

EDIT: Oh mach3000 I almost forgot... yes I have over 500 symbols to implement into this game and I plan to do that soon but as you saw with the loading screen... it was uploading only 37 or so... so for times sake, I will have it upload a single symbol when you click on its name!

Edited by sasuke12, 23 February 2012 - 03:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users