3 replies to this topic

#1 Debels

Debels

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2707 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:17 AM

Hi, recently in a GM forum i posted this WIP anti-hack thing and user's started coming and saying its a virus, i run it in www.virustotal.com and this is the result: https://www.virustot...sis/1329789138/

1 of 43 Anti Virus Says its a Constructor.IDL.j

So I wanted to ask if any of you have the same problem and how did you fix it (anti virus saying your game/program is a virus)

I'm using GM 8 Pro

Thanks

#2 Dylan93

Dylan93

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 867 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:41 PM

Well, with 1 virusscanner out of 43 saying its a virus, my guess would be that its not. But if you yourself don't think its safe then don't use it.

#3 GameGeisha

GameGeisha

GameGeisha

• GMC Member
  • 4203 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:08 AM

It's probably a false positive. Due to the way GM packs the game data into the runner, it is easily mistaken for a virus-tampered executable to a heuristic virus scanner. If you wrote the program and you didn't put anything dirty in there, you should have the faith to stand straight and state that it's clean.

GameGeisha

#4 Debels

Debels

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2707 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:25 AM

Well, with 1 virusscanner out of 43 saying its a virus, my guess would be that its not. But if you yourself don't think its safe then don't use it.

It's probably a false positive. Due to the way GM packs the game data into the runner, it is easily mistaken for a virus-tampered executable to a heuristic virus scanner. If you wrote the program and you didn't put anything dirty in there, you should have the faith to stand straight and state that it's clean.

GameGeisha

Thanks, for the information +1 :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users