10 replies to this topic

#1 Blackhunter

Blackhunter

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 9 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:25 AM

I'm making a game and there's something i don't know how to do. First, theres a guy you are and i want him to colide with another and the other dissapears. Then it gets sent to a menu that you can click on it and you turn in to it. But there is no simple way to do that. HELP ME PLEASE

#2 BattleRifle BR55

BattleRifle BR55

Let Live

• GMC Member
  • 9386 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:38 AM

How is there no simple way to do that?

You'll also learn fairly quickly that you're supposed to attempt things before you ask for help, as you are to show us what you've tried. Some may be nice enough to actually do the work for you, but generally people would rather have a starting point to work from.

That being said, just take your logic and try to apply it to your engine. So far, you can see a collision event starting things off.

#3 Jorge Villarreal_211448

Jorge Villarreal_211448

GMC Member

• 16 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:02 AM

How is there no simple way to do that?

You'll also learn fairly quickly that you're supposed to attempt things before you ask for help, as you are to show us what you've tried. Some may be nice enough to actually do the work for you, but generally people would rather have a starting point to work from.

That being said, just take your logic and try to apply it to your engine. So far, you can see a collision event starting things off.

yeah but many times i have tried to solve things myself and have ended up worse but in this case it is really easy to do that there are many webstites that help you do that my favorite is http://madebyluke.co...ials/index.html

#4 Blackhunter

Blackhunter

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:51 AM

I did do what i can. But i can't figure out how.

#5 BattleRifle BR55

BattleRifle BR55

Let Live

• GMC Member
  • 9386 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:54 AM

Why don't you post what you tried?

#6 Blackhunter

Blackhunter

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:53 AM

http://sandbox.yoyog...mare-unfinished

#7 BattleRifle BR55

BattleRifle BR55

Let Live

• GMC Member
  • 9386 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:05 PM

...apart from the editable...

#8 Blackhunter

Blackhunter

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:19 PM

whoops, i didn't notice that. How can i make it editable?

#9 IceMetalPunk

IceMetalPunk

InfiniteIMPerfection

• GMC Elder
  • 9331 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:26 PM

whoops, i didn't notice that. How can i make it editable?

You know that file that you're working with when you program? The one that ends in either .GMK or .GM81 (depending on your version of Game Maker)? Just upload that instead of an EXE.

-IMP

#10 BattleRifle BR55

BattleRifle BR55

Let Live

• GMC Member
  • 9386 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:32 PM

Actually what I meant was that I wanted to see some codes, the issues you have, any attempts you have made. Not dive into a file and do your work for you.

#11 Blackhunter

Blackhunter

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:21 PM

Sorry, I'm kind of a noob. With the codes, i didn't really use any. I just want to know who to do what I asked, not a bunch of people asking me what I did. I know you need to know what I've tried, but i just don't know how to show or explain what i've did but here:

I made the menu thing on next to every room, so I did the next room action on collision event, so when you click on a character it gos back and it's supposed to change the character. But it didn't work. SO thats what I need help on. And why don't you want to check my file?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users