Photo

Fighter Valentine - V4D 1st Place Winner!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JID

JID

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:31 AM

Posted Image

Fighter Valentine

A challenging, Adventure Time and Super Mario World-inspired Action/Adventure Platformer that won 1st place in the 64Digits Valentine 4 Digits comp.
It contains 3 huge and challenging bosses and several, very different enemy types.

I made this game in about a month for the comp, so I apologize if you find any bugs or glitches. There shouldn't be anything game breaking, though.

Some screens:

Posted Image
Contains epic fights!

Posted Image
And even more epic fights!

Posted Image
And you can purchase items like explosive cupcakes! What more could you possibly want in a game!?

Download:

Mirror 1(Using adf.ly)

Mirror 2(Not using adf.ly)

WARNING: THE GAME IS 69.8 MB!

I would make the filesize smaller, but it is against the rules to make changes to the game, until the comp is over.

There's a readme in the game file, if you need help.
If you have any other questions that are not in the Readme, just ask.

If you want to play the other games entered by other participants in the V4D comp:

CLICK THIS

If you want to see the top three finalists in the V4D comp

CLICK THIS

Enjoy!

Edited by JID, 20 February 2012 - 08:21 PM.

#2 JID

JID

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:36 PM

Updated and bump.

Edited by JID, 20 February 2012 - 08:36 PM.

#3 GreenMeteorTeam

GreenMeteorTeam

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 190 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:28 AM

It definitely has style but it's practically harder than Dark Souls. I guess it's all right if you're catering to the I Wanna Be The Guy and Super Meat Boy crowd but that starting derp-duck fight was a bit too difficult to start off with in my opinion. Once I finally got the hang of it I tried jumping on the duck when it was down and I think it resulted in all my hearts being lost because I kept hitting him before I realized it was killing me. I could only make it to the falling clouds section before I gave up on this run. Also it seemed like in jumping to get that first coin it would force me into a third jump upon hitting the floating island.

You should post that walk-through video you made here too though, I could probably make it after some studying ha ;)

#4 JID

JID

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:15 AM

It definitely has style but it's practically harder than Dark Souls. I guess it's all right if you're catering to the I Wanna Be The Guy and Super Meat Boy crowd but that starting derp-duck fight was a bit too difficult to start off with in my opinion. Once I finally got the hang of it I tried jumping on the duck when it was down and I think it resulted in all my hearts being lost because I kept hitting him before I realized it was killing me. I could only make it to the falling clouds section before I gave up on this run. Also it seemed like in jumping to get that first coin it would force me into a third jump upon hitting the floating island.

You should post that walk-through video you made here too though, I could probably make it after some studying ha ;)

Really, Derp Duck was actually difficult for you? You're definitely going to have a tough time with the rest of the bosses in the game, lol

I've actually started working on a version that'll make the game somewhat easier, has a lot of changes/tweaks that make the game much better and reduces the filesize a ton.

Honestly, I haven't worked on the newer version in a while, but I am almost finished with it. There's actually only one more thing left for me to do.

I'll post it here once I'm done.

Also, I've purposefully left out my video, because I know it'll get a ton of random dislikes, lol :P

Edited by JID, 02 March 2012 - 03:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users