1 reply to this topic

#1 TheouAegis

TheouAegis

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 12715 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:20 PM

I suck horribly at NES debugging/cracking. I need help retrieving and translating/understanding the Password Generation Algorithm and Password Decryption Algorithm (probably just the reverse of the PGA) for Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse on the NES. I don't plan on using the same algorithm in my game, but I need to know how Konami did it so I can have something to work off of.

Many thanks for anyone that can help me with this.

"The problem with object-oriented languages is that they've got all this implicit environment that they carry around with them. You wanted a banana but what you've got is a gorilla holding the banana and the entire jungle." -Joe Armstrong

"It goes against the grain of modern education to teach children to program. What fun is there in making plans, acquiring discipline in organizing thoughts, devoting attention to detail and learning to be self-critical?" -Alan Perlis

"Do not think about where you want to be and how to get there; think about what you want to do and how to do it." -Theou Aegis

#2 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 24905 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:50 AM

No. This forum cannot help you and please don't request this kind of thing again.

lz6lxdC.pngd7ZQQ3F.gifFlvJzyf.png

40799.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users