9 replies to this topic

#1 Sir

Sir

Jedi Poodoo

• GMC Member
  • 384 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:59 AM

I have GM HTML5, and I know I can export an EXE, and sell that for windows, but I just had a great idea. I'm going to make a webpage for a game, but I want said game to be available for all platforms. Can I export my game for OS X in GM HTML5? And can I export an IPA and APK?

Thanks!

#2 Fireball16

Fireball16

Indie Developer

• GMC Member
  • 1015 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:50 PM

Gm:html5 can only export to .exe and html5. Gm:Studio will be able to export to those platforms but will cost quite a lot more than html5. You should really check out the info of a product before you buy it.....

#3 Dangerous_Dave

Dangerous_Dave

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 9417 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:02 AM

Put your game on your website, and people on Macs and iPhones and Android can all visit your site and play the game. They can even add your game to the home screen of teir iPhone if they want. You don't need a native app, that's the point of HTML5.

#4 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8334 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:50 PM

Gm:html5 can only export to .exe and html5. Gm:Studio will be able to export to those platforms but will cost quite a lot more than html5. You should really check out the info of a product before you buy it.....

Given that you've done research on GM:Studio, how about quoting where you see that the price of it will be "quite a lot more than html5".

This is what we know:
  • GM:HTML5 is currently $99, but only until GM:Studio is released.
  • GM:HTML5 owners will get a free copy of GM:Studio, but only with the Windows, OS X, and HTML5 exports.
  • There has been no information published on the cost of GM:Studio, nor the cost of iOS and Android exports.
One of the problems with checking out the product info is a lot of people simply make crap up.

#5 Fireball16

Fireball16

Indie Developer

• GMC Member
  • 1015 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:50 AM

Given that you've done research on GM:Studio, how about quoting where you see that the price of it will be "quite a lot more than html5".

This is what we know:
  • GM:HTML5 is currently $99, but only until GM:Studio is released.
  • GM:HTML5 owners will get a free copy of GM:Studio, but only with the Windows, OS X, and HTML5 exports.
  • There has been no information published on the cost of GM:Studio, nor the cost of iOS and Android exports.
One of the problems with checking out the product info is a lot of people simply make crap up.

Yes we do not know the actual price of GMS however if GmHTML5 was $99 or $199 and it could only export to two platforms, surely something that can export to more would cost a bit more?

#6 Zesterer

Zesterer

Professor of Articul

• GMC Member
  • 1043 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:57 AM

Logical argument...

I have been criticised for saying the same thing...

#7 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8334 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:32 PM

Yes we do not know the actual price of GMS however if GmHTML5 was $99 or $199 and it could only export to two platforms, surely something that can export to more would cost a bit more?

I expect it to be a bit more.

But, I don't run around telling people it's going to "cost a lot more".

#8 Fireball16

Fireball16

Indie Developer

• GMC Member
  • 1015 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:59 PM

I expect it to be a bit more.

But, I don't run around telling people it's going to "cost a lot more".

I was just being realistic, sorry

#9 Dangerous_Dave

Dangerous_Dave

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 9417 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:24 AM

GM Studio is going to be a multi-part product. The base product will have a charge, and then you pay for platforms.

So the base product costs X, and can export to Windows and Mac. Then if you want HTML5, you pay a little extra. If you want iOS, you pay for that. Etc.

I expect the Studio base product will cost around the same as what GMHTML5 costs ($199), as it is GM with exports to two platforms, just like GMHTML5.

I'm not expecting the base Studio to "cost a lot more" at all.

#10 Fireball16

Fireball16

Indie Developer

• GMC Member
  • 1015 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:42 AM

GM Studio is going to be a multi-part product. The base product will have a charge, and then you pay for platforms.

So the base product costs X, and can export to Windows and Mac. Then if you want HTML5, you pay a little extra. If you want iOS, you pay for that. Etc.

I expect the Studio base product will cost around the same as what GMHTML5 costs ($199), as it is GM with exports to two platforms, just like GMHTML5.

I'm not expecting the base Studio to "cost a lot more" at all.

Ok, I'm sorry guys I shouldn't have mixed my opinions with fact :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users